• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Condolences to the family and members involved in the attack on Kyoto Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Soldier Blue & Medeus

I am considerably less forgiving than yourselves for such ridiculously extreme acts as this, but let's please leave it at that everybody. This is definitely not the right time to start debating the death penalty. The community should come together in times like this, not start to argue ideology.

The GoFundMe donation page has no links to any official websites concerning Kyoto Animation, or endorsement from them regarding the donation (Japanese companies are infamous for constantly rejecting donations that are done without their consent), and it was created before the fires had even been out (ie, before we got any information on the matter) hence why it's good to be somewhat careful before tossing your money at it, even if it's done with good intentions, because there's a good possibility that money may not end up on the company's hands even if the donators wanted it to.

My heart and tears are with the victims of this horrendous crime. Being burned to death alive is one of the most inhuman ways to die, the pain is unimagineable. The very thought of someone willfully choosing arson as their crime method reminds me of how low human beings can go.

Stay strong KyoAnime, stay strong all families who were dragged into this and stay strong all member of the anime community for we may have lost a pillar in the industry.

My college roomate's older sister works there but she's yet to hear anything from her. So she's really worried about that. Like right now it's almost midnight and she's still up worrying over it.

I showed her this thread to cheer her up and she said she's happy to see so many foreigners from all over the world show this much compassion for the victims of this tragedy, be they fans of KyoAni's works or not. Most people I talked to didn't even know that many foreigners were into that kind of anime anyway (they literally think only HST, Jojo, and Dragon Ball are big overseas).

Just thought I shared that so you guys know your thoughts are very appreciated. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back