• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Consistency of Saitama’s normal punch, along with an armored Boros durability suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about something like this for his speed rating:

Varies; up to FTL when casual (Saitama frequently fights at much slower speeds than he is truly capable of, but has shown he can effortlessly dodge Post-Sage Centipede Garou's attacks when not taking the fight seriously. Consistently blitzes most enemies he fights against), up to MFTL when serious (Saitama could blitz Awakened Garou across the surface of Io, and can get progressively faster over time with Accelerated Development)
I'm fine with this.

For AP I guess you can throw Boros not dying to a normal punch for his possibly High 6-A durability section.

We haven’t even gotten to begin the AP discussion yet bro, and the speed discussion is still ongoing
And I was hoping for damage specifically to be the one to respond since he’s the only one who I know for a fact has been participating from the start and read everything…but I’m willing to go back and forth with you if you have.

I mean, Damage is busy with other stuff. If you want to wait then go ahead. But you shouldn't get mad if it drags on until OP and MHA revisions are completed.

Not aggression, simply disappointment
I was under the impression that we were actually going to reach a conclusion via discussion, and specifically tried to plan ahead to prevent a scenario in which someone suddenly joins in, drops an FRA and shuts down the thread before even having a discussion about it, and that is exactly what you’re trying to do.
This should be very understandable frustration. This was a bunch of wasted time only for it to turn into a speed blitz of a rejection.

@ZillertheBucko As far as I'm concerned, I've said everything I've needed to on the speed topic. I was just acknowledging that we've had some other staff input at last.

will return to this when I get some spare time.
So I guess this was just a lie then

we literally were so close to a conclusion, come on man. We’ve already invested into this thread, there is no harm in going a little longer instead of just cutting it short and leaving loose ends.

So I guess this was just a lie then

we literally were so close to a conclusion, come on man. We’ve already invested into this thread, there is no harm in going a little longer instead of just cutting it short and leaving loose ends.

I meant I'll return to the thread when I get some time.

And I don't think my suggestions for Saitama's speed section is a bad conclusion.

It’s a complete rejection of the scaling and is basically just a Saitama downgrade
Like we still haven’t fully finished the flashy flash stuff. Like for example, if Saitama can outspeed flashy flash while in his most casual state, wouldn’t that at least warrant sub-rel+ Released Boros?

It’s a complete rejection of the scaling and is basically just a Saitama downgrade
Like we still haven’t fully finished the flashy flash stuff. Like for example, if Saitama can outspeed flashy flash while in his most casual state, wouldn’t that at least warrant sub-rel+ Released Boros?

I don't see that as being a good reason to scale Boros to Flashy Flash.

Don't change the point of this thread.

Tackle everything in the OP like you said first. You've been waiting for over 2 months for the speed portion to finish, and now it has. Now go over AP.
Perhaps new proposal was wrong wording, it’s still the same thing but instead of ftl it’s subrel
The AP stuff actually has supporting evidence for the speed section, so if we really are going to move on like this, I’d like to revisit the speed scaling in the last page or two after AP is done.

Dude can we just move on to AP this thread has been going on for 2 months. Let's just wrap stuff up with AP.

Yeah Zill, I mean you already got the "casual Saitama is around FTL" stuff already just get the AP done and finish the thread

If you want to scale Boros above Flashy Flash or whatever just try later.

Yeah Zill, I mean you already got the "casual Saitama is around FTL" stuff already just get the AP done and finish the thread
Well the ftl thing is currently being deemed unusable for scaling, which basically defeats the entire purpose of the thread, but like I said we can move on to AP for now

Bump
the only context needed is the AP part of the OP now, you don’t have to read all the debating about speed scaling if you’re just joining in

I sort of agree with the OP when it comes to AP, although there's one thing that confuses me.

You said that Boros wouldn't scale to Garou due to Saitama viewing him as a human, with him even wanting to fulfill Tareo's request, and also due to the fact that Garou tanked Consecutive Normal Punches, while Meteoric Burst Boros did not.

I disagree with this, as there's evidence showing that Saitama didn't use any fixed strength against Garou until he turned Cosmic.

Garou was able to tank Consecutive Normal Punches, but right after got one-shotted by a Normal Punch. This implies that Saitama was heavily holding back, even beyond the level he uses to kill every monster he's fought so far.

Because of this, we can't claim that because Garou tanked Consecutive Normal Punch, that he's more durable than Boros. In fact, Armored Boros should be just as durable if not more durable than Monster Garou when just comparing how they took a Normal Punch.

This leads me to my next point. Since we know that Saitama didn't use his Normal Punch strength against Garou until after the Consecutive Normal Punch, we can say that Garou matched Saitama's real Normal Punch strength here.

But again, this does not mean that he's superior to Meteoric Burst Boros. There's nothing that implies that Consecutive Normal Punches is superior in AP to his Normal Punches, just that they have vastly superior speed.

I don't think Boros got turned into mush because of the raw AP of the punches, but because there were so many thrown at him at such high speeds. We see that Boros can take Normal Punches in his Armored and Released state, so him getting mushed in his Meteoric Burst state does not make sense with the knowledge that it doesn't boost his AP.

Because of this, wouldn't Boros' durability scale to High 5-A? Or at least a possibly rating?

I think I kind of see what you mean, though I’m gonna have to reread it later today when I have some more time.

Garou was able to tank Consecutive Normal Punches, but right after got one-shotted by a Normal Punch. This implies that Saitama was heavily holding back, even beyond the level he uses to kill every monster he's fought so far.
Saitama choosing to not kill Garou until Cosmic Fear mode means we have absoutley no method to compare Saitama performance against Garou to anyone else. All we know is that he was trying to not kill him.

In fact, Armored Boros should be just as durable if not more durable than Monster Garou when just comparing how they took a Normal Punch.
There's no way you can reliably say this. Saitama from the jump was never trying to kill Garou and wasn't trying st all in their fight until Genos died. Scaling Boros through that method just doesn't work.

We see that Boros can take Normal Punches in his Armored and Released state, so him getting mushed in his Meteoric Burst state does not make sense with the knowledge that it doesn't boost his AP.
Take is a strong word
  1. The first punch shattered his armor
  2. The second punch destroyed Boros' arm
  3. His third punch shattered his ribcage and popped internal organs
  4. The consecutive punches gibbed him
  5. The serious punch gibbed him
At the end of the fight it was also shown that Saitama was holding back the entire time as well and was just humoring Boros.

To try and scale Boros to Garou through Saitama when he was actively not trying in both fights just doesn't work in my view.

Because of this, wouldn't Boros' durability scale to High 5-A? Or at least a possibly rating?
No.

The first punch broke his armor but left his body basically unscathed, and the third one made him bleed but saying it broke his nonexistent ribcage is kinda headcanon
It’s not really a strong word to say he took the punches.

The sound effect is his bones snapping and organs popping. If I punch you in the chest and the force of that attack causes your organs to explode that's not a good sign.
Fluid makes cracking sound, ever cracked your knuckles? I mean when he gets turned to goo it’s pretty clear that Boros is just kinda like, made of meat and blood, in both the anime and manga we see a severe lack of bones
Either way when the standard reaction to a punch is getting a hole blown through you, blowing up, or instantly dying, being punched multiple times and still standing up and conscious is pretty obviously telling, so I don’t know why you needed those little remarks about him not “taking” the punch in the first place.

Fluid makes cracking sound, ever cracked your knuckles?
Those are nitrogen bubbles popping, not fluid making the sound. Even with that it would imply that Saitama punched Boros so hard in the torso bubbles of matter in his body popped/exploded from the force.

being punched multiple times and still standing up and conscious is pretty obviously telling,
He was punched three times. The first was blocked by his armor, the second destroyed his arm and the third caused internal bleeding and popping sounds.

The fourth punched mulched him and he needed to regen to survive and the fifth killed him outright.

taking” the punch in the first place.
Because he didn't take them like Coamic Fear Garou did. He was notably injured by every hit that landed.

How about something like this for his speed rating:

Varies; up to FTL when casual (Saitama frequently fights at much slower speeds than he is truly capable of, but has shown he can effortlessly dodge Post-Sage Centipede Garou's attacks when not taking the fight seriously. Consistently blitzes most enemies he fights against), up to MFTL when serious (Saitama could blitz Awakened Garou across the surface of Io, and can get progressively faster over time with Accelerated Development)
How exactly would this even work in speed equalized vs matches btw

Well it would force every speed equal to be ftl saitama (if casual) cause of the dumb rule with varied ratings in vs threads
But also it’s poorly worded, since casual saitama would really be anywhere between ftl to at most mftl, given how much space there is in between
it’s really supposed to be varies at least ftl when casual up to mftl when serious, not up to ftl when casual, because that implies that casual saitama can’t increase himself to ftl+.

Saitama's maximum speed is equalized, but his in-character nature of messing around would be kept (unless he's starting out seriously).

In other words when the wording is fixed here’s essentially what the profile would be
“Saitama can start the battle anywhere from below average human to mftl” which effectively means absolutely nothing for vs threads, to answer your question

If staff settle on the up to ftl proposal thing then the speed section on his profile should just be left unchanged due to it being the same thing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back