• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
......No? a large 5-dimensional structure is a very basic way to get Low 1-C, basically what the Tiering System revision meant to implement. If someone creates a space-time continuum with 4 spatial dimensions and one temporal then that's a Low 1-C feat. The main point is that the dimensional axes aren't compact or really small in relation to each other.
“However, vaguer cases where a universe is merely stated to be higher-dimensional while existing in a scaling vacuum with no previously established relationship of superiority towards lower-dimensional ones (or no evidence to infer such a relationship from) should be analysed more carefully. In such cases where information as to their exact nature and scale is scarce, it is preferable that the higher dimensions in question be fully-sized in order to qualify.”

Hmm I guess you might be right but this seems counterintuitive to what counts for a character:

Are higher-dimensional beings infinitely stronger than lower-dimensional equivalents?​

Unintuitive as that may be: Not necessarily, as a number of characteristics through which we quantify the strength or power of a character can remain unchanged when transitioning between higher and lower dimensions. For example: Mass is a quantity that is detached from the dimension of the object which it is inherent to, and unlike volume is not divided in units corresponding to each particular dimension (1-volume [length], 2-volume [area], 3-volume, 4-volume...). It is singular in nature and its units equally apply to all dimensions; whether it is distributed over an area or a volume only tells us about the span of space in which it is spread, not about the quantity itself.

As a consequence of that, much of the calculation methods which are used to measure strength apply equally to both higher and lower dimensions, as they do not care about the extra variables and often work with a single one of them. Examples of this are kinetic energy (Ek=0.5*M*V^2), force (F=M*A), work (W=F*d), and etc.

An intuitive example of that is found in the general definition of Work as defined in physics: In essence, as work itself denotes the energy applied to an object as it is displaced along a given path, the basic formula for calculating it only takes into account a single variable, and the path itself is treated as an one-dimensional object, regardless of the dimension of the space in which the action itself takes place.

Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one, and thus, they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown, and the same applies to lower dimensions as well.

Do note, however, that them not qualifying for Tier 2 and above doesn't mean they are "fake" higher-dimensional beings or anything of the sort. It is simply that being higher-dimensional does not inherently mean they have infinite power in the first place, as explained above.

So imagine being a character that is also a 5D full-sized universe lol. Dimensionality doesn’t grant you power but also does grant you power at the same time.

Don’t bring up CSAP stuff here. It’s literally pointless. DM me if you want my B10 scaling on CSAP.

“However, vaguer cases where a universe is merely stated to be higher-dimensional while existing in a scaling vacuum with no previously established relationship of superiority towards lower-dimensional ones (or no evidence to infer such a relationship from) should be analysed more carefully. In such cases where information as to their exact nature and scale is scarce, it is preferable that the higher dimensions in question be fully-sized in order to qualify.”

Hmm I guess you might be right but this seems counterintuitive to what counts for a character:

So imagine being a character that is also a 5D full-sized universe lol. Dimensionality doesn’t grant you power but also does grant you power at the same time.
I mean, it's really not. If a character is a 5-dimensional universe then they qualify since their spatial dimensions aren't tiny in size. The Contumelia would be Low 1-C if they were idk galaxy or universe sized in 5 directions as opposed to just being your average joes but being able to sneeze in a new direction.

I mean, it's really not. If a character is a 5-dimensional universe then they qualify since their spatial dimensions aren't tiny in size. The Contumelia would be Low 1-C if they were idk galaxy or universe sized in 5 directions as opposed to just being your average joes but being able to sneeze in a new direction.
That’s kinda weird since they still have uncountably infinite points in those 5 directions which can be bijected to an entire universe but whatever.

That’s kinda weird since they still have uncountably infinite points in those 5 directions which can be bijected to an entire universe but whatever.
I'm not well versed enough in math to argue with that so I'll use the standard staff strategy of waiting for Ultima to swoop in.

Kek. I’m seriously starting to regret inventing/popularizing the term Hypertimeline 🤣.

Y’all wait till I start arguing Ben 10 qualifies for Hypertimelines, maximally-extended space-times and a 5th dimensional bulk-space that transcends space and time all at once.

you guys are honestly taking that section of the QnA too out of context

Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one, and thus, they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown, and the same applies to lower dimensions as well.

Do note, however, that them not qualifying for Tier 2 and above doesn't mean they are "fake" higher-dimensional beings or anything of the sort. It is simply that being higher-dimensional does not inherently mean they have infinite power in the first place, as explained above.

reminder that the tiering used on range is the same the AP section, they all come from the tiering system page, "oh but it says AP" is a example, they are refering to the infinite gap between tier 2 and 1 in general, and besides, ahaving infinitely more range than someone with the same AP can still be called infinitely more power, power is not just destruction, if you can do stuff more than someone, you have more power.

so either contumelia has actual feats or they get unknown range, or you guys change the tier 1 system on a CRT

No power just refers to power, not range. The Q&A also explains that higher-D beings are bigger than lower-D ones.

No power just refers to power, not range. The Q&A also explains that higher-D beings are bigger than lower-D ones.
1. range is power, and that's irrelevant, ther tiers on range are the same on AP, refering to one applies to the latter.

2. the QnA also explains that is case by case and higher dimensionality gives you nothing if you don't qualify for tier 2 and 1, and instead we go by feats, even if the higher dimension are real.

1. range is power, and that's irrelevant
They aren’t, that’s the point of the Q&A.
Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one”
2. the QnA also explains that is case by case and higher dimensionality gives you nothing if you don't qualify for tier 2 and 1, and instead we go by feats, even if the higher dimension are real.
No this applies to all higher-D beings: “

Are higher-dimensional beings infinitely larger than lower-dimensional equivalents?​

In a way, yes, though not how most would think when using this word. Basically, an arbitrary object of dimension n is essentially comprised by the total sum of uncountably infinite objects of one dimension less, which may be described as lower-dimensional "slices", each corresponding to one of the infinite points of a line. For instance, a square is made of infinitely many line segments (Lined up on the y-axis), a cube of infinitely many squares (Lined up on the z-axis), and so on.”

And you are ignoring the same QnA that says:

they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown

When are higher dimensions valid, then?​

One of the more straightforward ways to qualify for Tier 2 and up through higher dimensions is by affecting whole higher-dimensional universes which can embed the whole of lower-dimensional ones within themselves. For example: A cosmology where the entirety of our 3-dimensional universe is in fact a subset of a much greater 4-dimensional space, or generalizations of this same scenario to higher numbers of dimensions; i.e A cosmology where the four-dimensional spacetime continuum is just the infinitesimal surface of a 5-dimensional object, and etc.

Note how it even says affect, which is not always AP, it can just be range.

this is just cherry picking and not reading the range page, this is almost like claiming the entire FAQ refers to AP, when it is the tiering system as a whole, just because it says "power" once or twice.

If we dumb it down to AP, you can't use anything on the page at all for a range upgrade, so they go back to unknown

Count me as disagree until someone brings feats or a better argument than cherry picking the FAQ page

Personally, it just seems like the conclusion from before works the best. They have standard range, but can move in an extra dimension.

I don’t think the Contumelia have Low 1-C Range.

But the Naljians on the other hand…

There wasn't really going to be an upgrade even if such a revision didn't take place (I am unsure what revision is being referred to here though).

Anyway, any issues with me closing this?

There wasn't really going to be an upgrade even if such a revision didn't take place (I am unsure what revision is being referred to here though).

Anyway, any issues with me closing this?
Rather shift it to fun & games, it's funny as hell yeah it should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back