• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creating a page for skill Types in Tensei Slime

Where exactly does the unconventional resistance for Unique skills come from? That scan doesn't remotely say that the soul is able to hide skills away and stronger souls means they can fight off these abilities.

Same for Pain manipulation resistance as nothing there mentions pain manipulation at all.

Same with reality warping and law hax as nothing there mentions magic in general does that.

Is there anything that remotely mentions any and all Ultimate skill users are unfazed by unique skills? Because nothing like that's mentioned.

Where exactly does the unconventional resistance for Unique skills come from? That scan doesn't remotely say that the soul is able to hide skills away and stronger souls means they can fight off these abilities.
I don't understand how all the details were skipped
Firstly
A skill exist in the form of information (type 2), That exist within the soul, which protects it from all outside interferences
Secondly
Same for Pain manipulation resistance as nothing there mentions pain manipulation at all.
They can resist curse poison, don't worry we made a thread about it and how it causes pain to its target
Same with reality warping and law hax as nothing there mentions magic in general does that.

Is there anything that remotely mentions any and all Ultimate skill users are unfazed by unique skills? Because nothing like that's mentioned.
Pretty much sure the very wording of the abilities justify it
It warps reality, principles, and laws.
Please if you can recheck the wording and the scans of it, it will be much appreciated

Ok I see the text, but where does this mean Power modification and Mimicry resistance? At best this is power nullification and absorption.

Do you have the scans for the pain hax stuff or no? Because that's important for this.

That's not reality warping that's subjective reality, so that would need to change. Also what do you mean the wording of the ability justifies it? You need scans, not assumptions for these many resistances.

That's not reality warping that's subjective reality, so that would need to change. Also what do you mean the wording of the ability justifies it? You need scans, not assumptions for these many resistances.
A unique skill wont work against an ultimate
Any at all
Which is an unbendable rule of the world
For the pain manip scan i guess

That just says you can counter an ultimate skill with another ultimate skill, not that ultimate skill users are immune to Unique skills in general. Those are two completely different things.

That just says you can counter an ultimate skill with another ultimate skill, not that ultimate skill users are immune to Unique skills in general. Those are two completely different things.
That's the point
That's what they were referring to, why else would he say that- glassman-sama it is difficult to re explain the whole verse from the start to people who are not supporters (are aware of the verse mechanics), since we have reexplain it on threads countless times but
You cant fight an ultimate with a unique
There are multiple cases of this
Even resisting abilities that have pulling force of a massive star

@Jozaysmith? That third scan helps with unique and ultimate skills scaling, also for the record, this is an indexing wiki first and foremost, the whole point of the site is for us to explain any verse's power levels and abilities in a way that's understandable to someone not familiar with the series. So it's up to the supporters to try and explain this to someone who isn't familiar with Slime to begin with, otherwise you're going to be constantly bombarded with questions when the lack of scans are apparent.

Also again, that still looks like subjective reality, not reality warping, so swap those abilities and it should be fine.

One other thing if possible, you need to have scans for every single one of those unique skill resistance so everyone knows for a fact those specific abilities are in fact unique skills in case anyone starts to question the legitimacy.

@Jozaysmith? That third scan helps with unique and ultimate skills scaling, also for the record, this is an indexing wiki first and foremost, the whole point of the site is for us to explain any verse's power levels and abilities in a way that's understandable to someone not familiar with the series. So it's up to the supporters to try and explain this to someone who isn't familiar with Slime to begin with, otherwise you're going to be constantly bombarded with questions when the lack of scans are apparent.
I understand, as i explained them, i only said it will be difficult
Also again, that still looks like subjective reality, not reality warping, so swap those abilities and it should be fine.
Okay, will change it then
One other thing if possible, you need to have scans for every single one of those unique skill resistance so everyone knows for a fact those specific abilities are in fact unique skills in case anyone starts to question the legitimacy.
That'll be hard, but I'll try thanks

So yeah, everything that isn’t the power modification and mimicry resistance is fine.
As long as the fundamental information/soul that protects the skills from outside interference exists, modifying or copying the skill is not possible for ordinary characters.
Power Modification is the ability to alter, interfere with, or modify other powers.

Power Mimicry is the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others through various mechanisms.
Considering that the skills themselves consist of fundamental ınformation, the opponent needs to be able to copy the fundamental information of the skills in order to copy them, but there is a soul that prevents this, which should be enough for unconventional resistance.

We know that there are Power Mimic abilities that actually work very differently in fiction. Some can perhaps replicate the abilities in Tensura in some unconventional ways, bypassing the soul's defenses, but this is a case where these Power Mimic abilities work in an unconventional way compared to their common examples in fiction.

Finally, this statement on the Power Mimicry page supports us at one point, although I do not think it will work every time.
Others still actually steal the abilities that they copy, combining this power with Power Nullification; this is known as Power Absorption.

But this is not something that can be listed under the name of unconventional resistance, it is part of AE Type 1.
It is information type 2
The soul still also protects the skill of the target from any outside interference
Which would also include modification

@CodeCCLL Thats not remotely mentioned in the actual scan itself, you’re stretching pretty far for a couple of abilities that aren’t mentioned there. Still disagree with it.

@Jozaysmith? that has nothing to do with resistance, that’s just some form of incorporeal.

@CodeCCLL Thats not remotely mentioned in the actual scan itself, you’re stretching pretty far for a couple of abilities that aren’t mentioned there. Still disagree with it.
If you really don't find this acceptable you can vote for it to be removed, but can you at least tag Elizhaa (he is knowledgeable about the verse) and some staff? These unconventional resistances have been in both Web Novel and Light Novel profiles since late 2019 so I want to know what most of the staff think before removing them from about 100 profiles. (Since this statement is the same in both Light Novel and Web Novel, downgrading affects both continuities.)

@Elizhaa Please read the recent posts about the potential removal of some resistances.

For Subjective reality, I believe when the page was created, it was intended for more specific cases of reality-warping, like bringing things into reality and unreality with more contexts, similar to Diablo's case as suggested by the page creator, Antoniofer; otherwise, it would become redundant to reality-warping. So, I think Magic still have reality warping.

For unconventional power modification or power absorption, here is the thread; I think the argument can still stand.

@Elizhaa Yeah I'm still not seeing the power modification and power mimicry resistance there, it's using the same arguments which lack the statements of those abilities taking place

@CodeCCLL I've already made my vote clear so idk why you're telling me that.

@Elizhaa Yeah I'm still not seeing the power modification and power mimicry resistance there, it's using the same arguments which lack the statements of those abilities taking place

@CodeCCLL I've already made my vote clear so idk why you're telling me that.
Okay, so you disagree with power modification and power mimicry
On that base about Power modification
Received. It depends on the specific scenario. However, erasing or separating skills etched into the target's soul is not possible.
Additionally rimuru ability is to devour and copy its target powers
However, he would never be able to use abilities etched into the soul

That's literally in reference to Rimuru absorbing their powers so that's not really Power Mimicry.

That's literally in reference to Rimuru absorbing their powers so that's not really Power Mimicry.
It is literally said that what is absorbed is analyzed and reproduced, which is literally power mimicry.
Power Mimicry is the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others through various mechanisms
If it is not power mimicry for you to reproduce a copy of an entity's abilities, by analyzing it after absorbing it and using the knowledge gained from it, then I will stop responding.
(Read all the sub-skills of the skill, only then I think you will understand)

No. Power Modification to render an ability useless reaches the same effect through a different ability, so resisting Power Nullification doesn't imply resisting that.

And hell, I'd say resisting Power Modification like that wouldn't confer resistance to general Power Nullification, in most cases.

No. Power Modification to render an ability useless reaches the same effect through a different ability, so resisting Power Nullification doesn't imply resisting that.

And hell, I'd say resisting Power Modification like that wouldn't confer resistance to general Power Nullification, in most cases.
I think that's enough now, but if it's still not enough, I'm sure there's more.

With a translation that bad it's quite hard to understand. That, plus it being loaded with verse-specific terminology, makes me unable to parse it at all.

I just want to add ıf anyone says that "Skill Alteration" is just a name and that it's power nullification.

This is also proof that Skills are not something that can be borrowed under normal case, even if the owner wants to. You can think of this as an extra scan for Unconventional Resistance to Power Absorption.

With a translation that bad it's quite hard to understand.
Both the official and fan translations are the same. If it's really necessary, I'll try to find the raws, but I still don't understand how you can't understand this.
That, plus it being loaded with verse-specific terminology
If this is really about not understanding the terms or not understanding the relationship between the terms, explain which points are vague to you and we will explain.

I don't think it's worth the time trying to tease it out for me; I have 10 questions I'd need answers to to understand the second scan. Just get another staff member to evaluate it.

I don't think it's worth the time trying to tease it out for me; I have 10 questions I'd need answers to to understand the second scan. Just get another staff member to evaluate it.
Those Elizhaa or Celestial Pegasus work? Since those are the once that accepted it before? Since both of them have accepted it and so has Lord Griffin (In this thread).

Last edited:
Let Glass handle it for now.

Back