• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (CW) Official Discussion Thread

Yeah, he comes to the sun to absorb its energy

This remind me of something I've been asking myself for weeks now: HOW THE HELL CAN THE CW GIVE BIRTH TO SUCH A GOOD SERIES WHEN THEY DO SHITTY STUFF LIKE SUPERGIRL AND BATWOMAN OR THE LAST SEASON OF FLASH?!?!

...sorry, couldn't control myself

Yeah, he comes to the sun to absorb its energy

This remind me of something I've been asking myself for weeks now: HOW THE HELL CAN THE CW GIVE BIRTH TO SUCH A GOOD SERIES WHEN THEY DO SHITTY STUFF LIKE SUPERGIRL AND BATWOMAN OR THE LAST SEASON OF FLASH?!?!

...sorry, couldn't control myself
Because they generally start out goid(most of them) then go down hill after season 2 or 3

Because they generally start out goid(most of them) then go down hill after season 2 or 3
Batwoman is honestly shitty af, Season 2 is only barely better because of Black Mask and that's being nice. Season 7 of Flash however is...gosh, that's bad. I don't know what's worse actuallmy, the lightsaber duel or the forces being literally seen as Barry's and Iris's kids

Apparently apokolips in smallville is the size of Saturn
8225695-7901640-screenshot_20210408-173127_twitter%282%29.jpg

Am I missing something? It doesn’t say it’s Saturn sized at all? Unless there is more context, the only thing it brings up about size is that the size is supposed to be consistent and “menacing”.

Am I missing something? It doesn’t say it’s Saturn sized at all? Unless there is more context, the only thing it brings up about size is that the size is supposed to be consistent and “menacing”.
He is saying that the reason why the planet wasn’t constantly the size of Saturn was because of vfx and optical illusion. Hence it starting out comparable to Saturn, then being drastically changed in size in ever other shot

Greenshifter said he was preparing something to get a big upgrade for most of the verse (mostly aliens, metahumans and perhaps some magical beings) but had to rewatch pretty much everything and take notes so we're waiting since this summer

Hope this won't be too much longer from now
Arrowverse is pretty low on my priority list ngl. School started again so idk tbh, technically I only need to go over 2 threads again so it’s not that much work and I did run into someone who’s very knowledgeable on arrowverse so maybe he can help out. But for now we’ll all have to wait.

I thought smallville was apart of the arrow verse because of the crisis event?

it well probably go up to like high 4-c if people expect this I think
Yes, this is (although honestly, considering the "importance" wich amounts to a cameo, it's not that exceptional either) but given this isn't the main focus and treated separately, we can simply make a separated thread

Wasn't the general tier High 4-C once btw?

I'll just repost something else I've wrote about Apok
While at first Apokolips was shown to be similar to Saturn in size, every single follow up appearance has shown it to be closer to Mars in size. So while still impressive, it seems the original size was lowered.
But to add the dialouge for the episode is also... well inconsistent since you have this exchange
There's some sort of anti-life dark force that could bring about the apocalypse.

You mean like bringing a giant planet crashing into ours?

Exactly like that ... maybe the marking has some sort of unexplainable gravitational pull.
But later on you get this statement
Where are we gonna ... To a secure bunker.

The casualties are nothing compared to losing the entire planet.

We don't have a choice. Now, if you'll excuse us

No, wait. You do have a choice ... heroes, one in particular who will stop this before you unleash your nukes.
Though tbf could just be then being dumb
They're gonna nuke that thing. Only, that thing isn't the little meteor that'll break apart like they think it is. It's a planet, and it won't even make a dent. But the radioactive fallout of this missile ... it'll kill millions.
Anyways I'm not 100% on it being consistently Saturn sized, especially when we have a rather direct visual in a canon comic. The most I really see is like, if we assume Darkseid can either alter the planet's size or we do some multi-calc were we take all the ends as possibly valid.

I'll just repost something else I've wrote about Apok

But to add the dialouge for the episode is also... well inconsistent since you have this exchange

But later on you get this statement

Though tbf could just be then being dumb

Anyways I'm not 100% on it being consistently Saturn sized, especially when we have a rather direct visual in a canon comic. The most I really see is like, if we assume Darkseid can either alter the planet's size or we do some multi-calc were we take all the ends as possibly valid.
Well the question is wich one is the most consistent and can actually be used

Back