• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Revision

bumping with this and all the calcs as well

These are at least all the relevant calcs from this thread that update the AP and LS ratings

This too

Last edited:
Just started season 8 and got up to episode 4 last night. You can correct me if issues were discussed prior to my post.

Season 8 starts with Caitlin saying Barry can run at 4000 miles per hour (Just over Mach 5.2), which I will assume is casual when he has complete speed. Funnily enough, Barry saves the passengers in two colliding trains, stated to be 50 miles away from his location. Caitlin stated he saved everyone in 20 seconds, Barry corrected her with 12 seconds. Assuming she's just referencing Barry getting there and saving everybody, 50 miles / 12 seconds = 15,000 miles per hour. Assuming she's referencing Barry going there and coming back, 100 miles/12 seconds = 30,000 miles per hour. Through the authors, Caitlin has already proven her ability to make false statements by roughly 3-7.5 times in the first 2 minutes and 6 seconds of the first episode.

In episode 3 or 4, he is estimated to be at 5% of his speed by himself and Damien Darhk.

5.2/x = 5/100 , x = 104. So by Caitlin's own statement, Barry at full power should be at Mach 104. Then after Jefferson removes 95% of his speed, he has two minutes to accelerate to Mach 20, given a distance of 40,000 miles.

The simple acceleration formula is a = (v_f - v_i) / Δt
a = (6805.4 meters per second (Mach 20) - 0m/s) /120s
a = 56.71m/s^2 or 0.035238 mi/s^2

The formula for finding distance (displacement) is s = ut + ½at2, where s = displacement, u = initial velocity, a = acceleration, t = time
s = 0m/s(120s) + 1/2(56.71m/s^2)(120s)^2
s = 0 +1/2(56.71m/s^2)(120s)^2
s = 408312 meters or 408.3 kilometers.

Barry could not possibly complete the feat as stated. Using the same formula above but solving for time given the provided distance, and calculated accelerations, Barry could accomplish the feat in roughly 20 minutes, not 2.

However, this also brings up the issue of Barry's speed relative to his power level. If Barry can reach Mach 20 at 5% power, then Mach 20/x = 5/100 = Mach 400 at peak power, which is another contradiction to Caitlin's statement.

This contradicts several things.
-Barry destroys the world accelerating to Mach 20, yet Caitlin says he can travel at Mach 5.2 and essentially causes no problems. This puts any other "Mach x" feat under scrutiny even though the concept of a "speed wake" was just asspulled this season
-On the planetary view in the same episode as the feat, Barry and Eobard cross Spain and head into France in a second, maybe 2, which is a Mach 3k+ or Mach 1k+ feat (at 5% power)
-Barry at "Mach 7" was affecting the rotation of the Earth
-Barry in season 2 needed to run at Mach 3.3 to cross a bridge
-Literally, any previous feat to include outrunning natural lightning in the first season
-In season 7 he saved a stadium of 20,000 people in roughly a minute or so which is a Mach 4-6k feat

Every bit of information in this series is disproven by the actual actions. :(

Oh and Barry becoming casually continental or moon level via kinetic energy whenever plot demands it is memes.
And idk it seems like we're still discussing it due seeing this

guys flash s4 with electricity absorption beats flash 4 forces because flash s4 stat amp is faster and it has dura neg

her in 2:32 barry affected the durability the speed force. we can conclude that barry's dura neg can go up to a dura low multi

grandma-84years.gif

That's the outdated sandbox, btw. I've just left it as a remnant and haven't bothered to delete it.

It's not on the wiki yet. I was planning on finishing it within a few days, since almost all of my work obligations have been completed and the NNT stuff has fortunately been delayed until the new chapter comes out.

I have like 3 more profiles and one calc to go, and then this is done.

I swear to god, after this I am never touching any other piece of DC CW media again. I've literally gained weight and pretty much stopped eating due to slogging through this ******* franchise.

If it wasn't due to how shit CW is that I want to do literally anything else, I would've finished this 6 months ago.

Oh, and btw, when I said I was finished watching everything last time, I was wrong because there was an animated show that I missed.

I deeply, deeply apologise to everyone here for taking so long. But, hopefully, it'll be done before the end of the month.

Last edited:

I swear to god, after this I am never touching any other piece of DC CW media again. I've literally gained weight and pretty much stopped eating due to slogging through this ***** franchise.

If it wasn't due to how shit CW is that I want to do literally anything else, I would've finished this 6 months ago.

Oh, and btw, when I said I was finished watching everything last time, I was wrong because there was an animated show that I missed.

I deeply, deeply apologise to everyone here for taking so long. But, hopefully, it'll be done before the end of the month.
I cannot imagine what you're going through. I was going to ask why this thread was still going, but this post about sums it up fully.

You're a better man than I. I probably would have noped out of the whole thing.

I swear to god, after this I am never touching any other piece of DC CW media again. I've literally gained weight and pretty much stopped eating due to slogging through this ***** franchise.

There's nothing to apologize for man you've been busting ass on this thing an insane amount and for a long time at that, thanks for the update just be sure to take care of yourself maybe a decent break after

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better. Thanks for your hard work anyways

you have all our respect, I can't imagine what you had to endure when you had to watch these episodes explode on the ground again

I'm just being lazy. Don't give me too much credit, and feel free to prod me to keep me on track (because I'd literally do anything else than watch CW shows that aren't Supernatural).

But, all I have to finish now is the rest of XS' profile, part of Barry's from a novel that I just found, and a calc for XS that I'm finding very difficult.

Last edited:
The feat where XS and Godspeed move at a somewhat comparable speed to microwaves.

My main problem is that all versions of the footage I can get are fuzzy in some way or another, so I can't properly account for the change in angle without some method that places Godspeed and Nora further away in the final shot than the first shot.

Last edited:
This novel is a canon tie-in.

There's the non-canonical Amulet novels, but I don't know if there's much of a point because it's just a version of Season 3's multiverse where Barry didn't create Flashpoint.

There's a few temporary amps in the Crisis plotline, and Barry gets a speed mantra that enormously boosts his speed (like FTE degrees to characters on par with himself) during his final fight with Johnny Quick.
  • “My speed mantra,” Johnny Quick crowed. “Focuses me. Gives me a greater connection to HyperHeaven. Makes me fast enough to do this.” Barry didn’t even see the next four or five punches. They came at him so fast that they seemed to meld into a single punishing blast of agony. His mouth tasted like burnt steel and blood. Teeth rattled.
  • Barry struggled with Johnny, rolling on top of him, trying to pin him to the ground. Quick unleashed a flurry of punches. Barry was faster now, thanks to the speed mantra, but so many punches in such a short span of time . . . some of them landed. He tasted his own blood, felt a cut open on his left cheek.
For reference, HyperHeaven = Speed Force.

Last edited:
Back