• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Yeah. I'm guessing from the size it's some sort of machine gun or something. I'm pretty sure all these guns are in Cyberpunk 2077 with more realistic models, and it'd prolly be easy to make out what it's modeled after if it isn't already tho. Some weapons have stated speeds, but don't think all of them do.
Right looks like a tacticle revolver of some type. Probably a 357 Magnum which achieves top velocities of 655.32 m/s (Averaged)

Left looks like a very tacticle 9mm or maybe a desert eagle with average muzzle velocities of 360 m/s and 470 m/s respectively

Right looks like a tacticle revolver of some type. Probably a 357 Magnum which achieves top velocities of 655.32 m/s (Averaged)

Left looks like a very tacticle 9mm or maybe a desert eagle with average muzzle velocities of 360 m/s and 470 m/s respectively
Oh, my mistake. I meant the right picture. With the big guy and the giant gun. Unless that is the same gun as the ones in the left that the guys in the armor are using. Though it looks a LOT bigger, so I figured not.

Oh, my mistake. I meant the right picture. With the big guy and the giant gun. Unless that is the same gun as the ones in the left that the guys in the armor are using. Though it looks a LOT bigger, so I figured not.
Best bet is probably something like this.
Looks like a futuristic and heavy duty version of a P90 which has a muzzle velocity of 715 m/s
I’m pretty sure those are smart guns. you can actually see the projectiles when David is running up on the vehicle, and they look exactly like the in game models of the missiles.

Anyway based on this Calc we seem to use 380 m/s for smart guns.

Best bet is probably something like this.

I’m pretty sure those are smart guns. you can actually see the projectiles when David is running up on the vehicle, and they look exactly like the in game models of the missiles.

Anyway based on this Calc we seem to use 380 m/s for smart guns.
I dunno. They don't look too similar. I feel it looks closer to an LMG than a Heavy Machine Gun, no?

Most of the projectiles have a tail yes. But one of the projectiles just looks like an ordinary bullet.
All-David-usage-of-Sandevistan-Cyberpunk-Edgerunners-4-3-screenshot-1.png

The one on the top right. It looks different from the rest which have tail fins. It also seems to have a sound cone in front of it while the other don't for whatever reason.
0FZdS.jpg

I figure it's different from the other bullets. But what do you think?

The one on the top right. It looks different from the rest which have tail fins. It also seems to have a sound cone in front of it while the other don't for whatever reason.
Actually, re-watching that seen again, I noticed that if you follow the trajectory of the normal bullet, you’ll see that it’s coming from the guy in the front right window. He looks to be using this guy which, due to being a tech weapon, we would currently scale to 2,438 m/s I think.

Actually, re-watching that seen again, I noticed that if you follow the trajectory of the normal bullet, you’ll see that it’s coming from the guy in the front right window. He looks to be using this guy which, due to being a tech weapon, we would currently scale to 2,438 m/s I think.
Huh, didn't know we considered all tech weapons traveling at that speed. But I'll definitely consider that. I'll make two ends.

The tech weapon stuff was dismissed as an outlier afaik.

But it looks like all the MHS to MHS+ stuff looks good. We'll wait on PL's release probably and then another group upgrade.

Last edited:
The tech weapon stuff was dismissed as an outlier afaik.

But it looks like all the MHS to MHS+ stuff looks good. We'll wait on PL's release probably and then another group upgrade.
Tech weapons Hypersonic speed? Or the least feat? If so, there's now two relativistic feats. The one in David vs Adam Smasher, and the one from before that I redid.

If anyone can find the scene from Smooth Criminal of that boxing scene with the giant lady sending their opponent flying with a punch on YouTube, I'd appreciate if you could send it here. Wanna calc AP with it.

Oh, and in the same episode, Maine dents a door and sends it flying off its hinges with a kick. I imagine that'd be Wall level as well. It's also the same episode where his wrist rocket turns a guy into red paste.

Did another one. And added an updated end to this one after realizing something else I could use as reference. I think those are the last notable ones. I think the rest at like, Supersonic at worst, to High Hypersonic at best. But as per usual, I'll look for more just in case.

The one in David vs Adam Smasher, and the one from before that I redid.
The Adam Smasher one definitely isn't Relativistic. You can hear his gun firing while in slow motion and see bullets be ejected, meaning the timeframe is happening fast enough for the gun to cycle rounds.

Overall relativistic is no way useable. At the moment even the Tech Weapon stuff is questionable since Edgerunners is the only medium where a Sandevistan dodges them, while in Cyberpunk 2077 once fired they're undodgeable, even if the person is using a Sandevistan.

The Adam Smasher one definitely isn't Relativistic. You can hear his gun firing while in slow motion and see bullets be ejected, meaning the timeframe is happening fast enough for the gun to cycle rounds.

Overall relativistic is no way useable. At the moment even the Tech Weapon stuff is questionable since Edgerunners is the only medium where a Sandevistan dodges them, while in Cyberpunk 2077 once fired they're undodgeable, even if the person is using a Sandevistan.
Saying it definitely isn't relativistic is dishonest. Many things move at inconsistent speeds in the time slow scenes of the show. You'll sometimes have regular people moving faster than things they shouldn't even come close to. Sometimes they'll be frozen. Sometimes some things move in a scene and some things don't. The fact that the muzzle flash stopped moving after traveling a certain distance and we don't see the bullet moving after means the muzzle flash was initially faster than the bullet, and then by the time it decelerated to the bullets speed it froze up. This is like trying to argue that the amp isn't even Massively Hypersonic in the scenes where bullets barely move because the bullet can leave the barrel of the gun, which would make the feat substantially slower. Clearly not all of this is thought through clearly and you're meant to suspend disbelief to some extent. Unless you wanna argue the bullet moves a hundred times faster right before it leaves the barrel but the moment it does it decelerates to be tens of times slower out of nowhere. So I think this is being overly nitpicky about something Trigger clearly didn't think about. Not to mention, I pixel scaled the first shot Adam Smasher fired before he activated his Sandevistan and started ringing out more shots.

Didn't someone literally do a calculation of character's being able to dodge a tech weapon in the original table top game? I could've swore we did something like that. If it's that big of a deal that it's not 100% consistent with the video game, I can instead use the gyro bullets as reference instead. Though I don't really know the size of the bullet. If you know, lemme know. I know it'd downgrade the feat to a level you can tolerate more.

The third highest feat is about a 140x slower than the relativistic feats, plus the other feat that's debatably relativistic (that I feel you're being a bit too nitpicky about personally). I feel you're being way too dismissive of the idea of relativistic speed in Cyberpunk. Is it because of their only being a couple feats of that level? It breaks your immersion with the world? It doesn't feel narratively correct? What would it take to unironically get you to consider it? Calc'ing another relativistic feat or something?

Didn't someone literally do a calculation of character's being able to dodge a tech weapon in the original table top game? I could've swore we did something like that.
It was from a distance of like 20-60+ meters away to my memory. They also don't statue the bullet but barely move out of the way before it hits them.
Saying it definitely isn't relativistic is dishonest.
It's not dishonest, I gave a valid reasoning for it.
You'll sometimes have regular people moving faster than things they shouldn't even come close to. Sometimes they'll be frozen. Sometimes some things move in a scene and some things don't.
That's a prime example of speed inconsistentcy. Just taking the absoutle highest end and only using that when the show itself is inconsistent is a bad idea. David's Sandevistan can range from subsonic to Rel, but the consistent rang is MHS to MHS+. Picking a high end feat that contradicts other source material shouldn't be the norm here.
Clearly not all of this is thought through clearly and you're meant to suspend disbelief to some extent.
So we don't suspend our disbelief when it fits an agenda but do when it does? These are all fan calcs and nothing is official. If a calc had issues they have issues.

For Smasher you can hear the gun cycle, see blood moving and see Rounds being ejected. It's not happening at some resonable fraction of lightspeed.

feel you're being way too dismissive of the idea of relativistic speed in Cyberpunk. Is it because of their only being a couple feats of that level? It breaks your immersion with the world? It doesn't feel narratively correct? What would it take to unironically get you to consider it? Calc'ing another relativistic feat or something?
You're being overly aggressive here for some reason. I'm dismissing it because this isn't a franchise dedicated to a Netflix anime. It's a multi-faceted franchise with multiple canon sources and the anime has inconsistent speed levels.

At no point did I question your MHS+ calcs. I questioned the Rel ones for the same reason we dismissed them before and I questioned the feat David literally did not perform. That's a basic standard we're supposed to adhere to.

I don't like Relativistic because it's inconsistent. This is the same franchise where lightspeed weapons are considered universally undodgable and a series where a future entry with overlapping characters do not have them at this level of speed.

So it restate: MHS to MHS+ is fine. A max level game Sandevistan has similar speed effect to David's for the most part. Relativistic is relying on a outlier scene or a misrepresented one with Smasher.

Apologies if I came off as harsh or anything. I do really appreciate what you're doing and your stuff will be used once we do the post PL thread.

It's just that I'm not seeing Relativistic as being consistent enough for profile usage.

It was from a distance of like 20-60+ meters away to my memory. They also don't statue the bullet but barely move out of the way before it hits them.
Nope, only 2 meters away and without the use of a Sandevistan (When you have reflexes 8). And of course they don't statue it. They don't even use the Sandevistan in the feat as far as I'm aware. They just dodged it from up close.
It's not dishonest, I gave a valid reasoning for it.
I don't disagree with you presenting evidence. The problem is that Trigger inconsistently depicts speed within Sandevistan time, so your reasoning isn't the only viable reasoning. I gave my own reasoning on why the relativistic end WOULD be viable logically. I think your proposition is fair, but it feels dishonest when the feat can be interpreted in so many different ways that are all viable due to the inconsistencies in the time slow. Like rain falling faster than bullets travel in time slow. That shouldn't be possible at all, but it happens.
That's a prime example of speed inconsistentcy. Just taking the absoutle highest end and only using that when the show itself is inconsistent is a bad idea. David's Sandevistan can range from subsonic to Rel, but the consistent rang is MHS to MHS+. Picking a high end feat that contradicts other source material shouldn't be the norm here.
I haven't really seen any subsonic showings in the show tbh. Aside from the scenes where we see him from an outside perspective. But the feat would easily be supersonic if we saw it in his slow-mo PoV. But I get what you're showing. I always interpreted the speed discrepancies as David being able to toggle or adjust the slow-mo affect to certain level since he might not always want the fastest boost. The consistent range is just MHS. There's only 1 or 2 MHS+ at best. If you believe that is consistent, then I don't see why you wouldn't think Relativistic isn't when there's 1 or 2 relativistic feats. The gap between MHS and MHS+ is smaller sure, but it's not like the gap between the MHS+ feat and Relativistic is super massive either. The gap is like a little over 140x at most. Which isn't all that big in the grand scheme of it. It's not small sure, but I don't think it's to a point where it can't even be considered. And it's not like I took the absolute highest highball possible. I know methods I could take to wank the value way higher. I only create ends that I think have merit to them. Including low-ends and high-ends since both seem feasible.
So we don't suspend our disbelief when it fits an agenda but do when it does? These are all fan calcs and nothing is official. If a calc had issues they have issues.

For Smasher you can hear the gun cycle, see blood moving and see Rounds being ejected. It's not happening at some resonable fraction of lightspeed.
Actually, as far as the blood stuff is concerned, it actually does make sense. Anything hit by David or Adam Smasher is gonna carry a portion of their momentum and thus move at a good portion of their speed. So that can actually be explained away. You don't see rounds being ejected. You see the muzzle flash, yeah, but you don't see any bullet movement (Pretty sure Muzzle Flash is WAYYY faster than a bullet at first but seems to decelerate quickly in Edgerunners). The gun has to cycle for the Sandevistan to be useful to any extent. Otherwise they'd have to rely on just fists. To me, it just seems like the gun cycles at somewhat relative speed to the user for the sake of it not being useless in time slow. I don't think there's any reason we can't assume the bullet travels way faster when in the barrel and cycles faster so guns aren't entirely useless for sandevistan to be useful. Otherwise you'd have 3 bullets jammed in the barrel due to not moving fast enough to leave the barrel. It would make sense why the bullet freezes only once it's left the barrel.
You're being overly aggressive here for some reason. I'm dismissing it because this isn't a franchise dedicated to a Netflix anime. It's a multi-faceted franchise with multiple canon sources and the anime has inconsistent speed levels.
Apologies, I'll admit I was intentionally a bit aggressive. But only because I feel you always shut my ideas because you have a VERY strong opinion against Relativistic speed. As if it isn't possible even if several feats say so and like intentionally taking the lowest interpretation possible even if it makes less sense than the high-ends. It admittedly gets frustrating.
I don't like Relativistic because it's inconsistent. This is the same franchise where lightspeed weapons are considered universally undodgable and a series where a future entry with overlapping characters do not have them at this level of speed.
Edgerunners due to being an Anime is inconsistent with pretty much any other depiction of the Sandevistan in the Videogame and TTG. I'm starting to think it'd be a better idea to just separate the canons into their own pages at this rate. The videogames and TTG don't seem to come close to MHS-MHS+ with the Sandevistan from what I've heard. If not, I think we should be a bit more flexible even if it doesn't go consistent with standards set in the other media because this is a different media with different rules/limitations set.
So it restate: MHS to MHS+ is fine. A max level game Sandevistan has similar speed effect to David's for the most part. Relativistic is relying on a outlier scene or a misrepresented one with Smasher.
And I strongly disagree with the misrepresented bit. All the scene entails is that the rotation of rounds in Adam Smasher's gun is way faster than the bullet once it's left the barrel. And that the muzzle flash is faster than the bullet by a large amount (Which makes sense all things considered. It is an explosive flash of light). The fact that the muzzle flash froze after traveling a certain distance despite being > the speed of the bullet means that the bullet had to be frozen in place as the light would decelerate to a speed equal to the bullet before freezing (Since if the bullet was moving, then the muzzle flash would've also been moving in slow-mo since it would've decelerated to that level of speed first before stopping). The only problems come about when you don't turn your brain off and question the mechanics of everything. Guns work faster so they aren't useless for Sandevistan users, I personally think it's as simple as that. Since guns are very useful in verse and would make the Sandevistan class one of the most useless if guns wouldn't even function properly (i.e., pressing the trigger would cause a very delayed primer reaction that they'd have to wait seconds for instead of it just occurring instantly. Bullets would be stuck in the barrel for seconds and they'd need to stand there in place, etc.).
Apologies if I came off as harsh or anything. I do really appreciate what you're doing and your stuff will be used once we do the post PL thread.

It's just that I'm not seeing Relativistic as being consistent enough for profile usage.
Apologies from me again too. I'll admit I'm being a bit immature which isn't very in-character for me. I get that you appreciate my calcs, it jut feels very dismissive towards me and my opinions when you state that they're impossible and make no sense. It makes me feel like you're insulting my intelligence for even feasibly viewing a feat in a certain light. It feels overly critical.

Which is fair. There's only 2 relativistic feats through all media of Cyberpunk. I can see it, but I can understand why others would wanna take a safe approach. I think having two relativistic feats with the third best feat only being 53x slower (If you use low-end) to 146x slower (If you use high-end) is enough to warrant Relativistic speed but ONLY for the absolute peak of the verse when it comes to Sandevistan. Though I'd be fine with making other Sandevistan users High Hypersonic to MHS since I view Adam Smasher and David as exceptional users with top of the line models to boot. I personally feel it's very strict to say that doesn't warrant even a possibly rating. Would you at least agree a possibly rating seems possible? Like I'm fine with not giving out a straight rating, but I think likely or possibly is very much within reason.

Nope, only 2 meters away and without the use of a Sandevistan (When you have reflexes 8).
The evasion roll is Dex + Evasion + d10 vs the shooter's Ref + weapon skill + d10. At 14 you're only guaranteed to avoid an attack at 26-50 meters and that's assuming the person shooting had no ability score. To dodge a point blank shot is rather difficult.

think your proposition is fair, but it feels dishonest when the feat can be interpreted in so many different ways that are all viable due to the inconsistencies in the time slow.
You're admitting it's inconsistent then you're acknowledging we should only take the highest end, which doesn't make sense. In the Smasher scene a normal rocket moves in visible motion along with the other things I mentioned. It's only Rel if you ignore everything that could make it slower.

The consistent range is just MHS. There's only 1 or 2 MHS+ at best. If you believe that is consistent, then I don't see why you wouldn't think Relativistic isn't when there's 1 or 2 relativistic feats. The gap between MHS and MHS+ is smaller sure, but it's not like the gap between the MHS+ feat and Relativistic is super massive either. The gap is like a little over 140x at most
1: A 140x gap is absolutely massive

2: I've consistently said MHS to MHS+. It depends on what PL gives us. But I never suggested to only default to MHS+.

useful to any extent. Otherwise they'd have to rely on just fists.
That's the issue with the Sandevistan in both the Anime and in 2077. The only weapons that work with the top tier Sandevistans are melee weapons and tech weapons. Everything else fires one bullet that doesn't move and the gun can't properly cycle due to the speed.

It would make sense why the bullet freezes only once it's left the barrel.
The Sandevistan is a neural spinal infusion. It's not the speedforce.

problems come about when you don't turn your brain off and question the mechanics of everything.
That line of reasoning doesn't work with a fan calc. Since either entirely relies on turning your brain wrong. In addition to the other issues in that scene.

Would you at least agree a possibly rating seems possible?
If PL, the upcoming novel or any of the comics give it, yeah. If it's just Edgerunners I don't think it's a good idea.

The evasion roll is Dex + Evasion + d10 vs the shooter's Ref + weapon skill + d10. At 14 you're only guaranteed to avoid an attack at 26-50 meters and that's assuming the person shooting had no ability score. To dodge a point blank shot is rather difficult.
I don't know the specifics of the TTG, but from the calc it sounds like it's possible, but just hard to dodge tech weapons up close. While 26-50 just makes it guaranteed. I think that's grounds to scale it to reactions at the very least (but maybe not combat speed). And that is without a top of the line Sandevistan, right? I don't know much about the TTG.
You're admitting it's inconsistent then you're acknowledging we should only take the highest end, which doesn't make sense. In the Smasher scene a normal rocket moves in visible motion along with the other things I mentioned. It's only Rel if you ignore everything that could make it slower.
I didn't say we should only take the highest end. I said we should take the highest end in this case since it makes the most sense. There was some calcs I made for the Sandevistan where I opted for the lower end as opposed to the high-end. And there's nothing wrong with the rocket moving. It just means it's faster than Adam Smasher's HMG. And it's not like the rocket was moving normally. It was also moving very slow, whereas the gun wasn't moving at all. Heck, I could calc the speed of the rocket based on that scene. The other stuff such as blood and what not carry some of David's momentum and thus move faster than anything that didn't come into contact with David. Ofc anything David comes into contact with during his use of Sandevistan is gonna move. Because they carry a portion of his speed. This is the case in like any slow-motion scene ever.
1: A 140x gap is absolutely massive

2: I've consistently said MHS to MHS+. It depends on what PL gives us. But I never suggested to only default to MHS+.
I think it's big. But absolutely massive I think would be outliers that are like thousands of times above any previous feat. Tho admittedly this is subjective. Since you could argue that the 10x gap between David's second strongest fear (Large Building level) and strongest feat (City Block level+) is a absolutely massive gap.
That's the issue with the Sandevistan in both the Anime and in 2077. The only weapons that work with the top tier Sandevistans are melee weapons and tech weapons. Everything else fires one bullet that doesn't move and the gun can't properly cycle due to the speed.
In 2077 that's not true. In two of the feats I did, two non tech weapons fire multiple rounds when used by a Sandevistan user. But I'm curious now that you bring that up. Can you send me a clip of them only firing one bullet that doesn't move?
The Sandevistan is a neural spinal infusion. It's not the speedforce.
I'm not saying the Sandevistan amps the bullet. I'm saying that the bullet is at its fastest while it's still in the barrel. And that when it leaves the barrel, it moves at regular muzzle velocity. That would explain why the bullets can move fast enough to leave the barrel, but basically freeze the moment they leave the barrel. I don't think it's too hard to believe the bullet is at its fastest while it's in the barrel.
That line of reasoning doesn't work with a fan calc. Since either entirely relies on turning your brain wrong. In addition to the other issues in that scene.
There's issues in almost every scene like I said. You could lowball all the Sandevistan scenes to hell and back to have subsonic to hypersonic Sandevistan at best due to the inconsistencies. It makes sense to pay attention to the stuff it slows down the most because that's meant to best display how much it slows stuff down.
If PL, the upcoming novel or any of the comics give it, yeah. If it's just Edgerunners I don't think it's a good idea.
Honestly, if PL AND the upcominc Novel gave Relativistic feats, then I think it should just be a straight out rating. Not a possibly, lol. But maybe that's just me. I think if all the proof we have is two feats in Edgerunners, possibly works. Since possibly doesn't NEED to be concrete. If it happens in two other medias, then I think it would just be consistent enough to give a flat rating.

I don't know the specifics of the TTG, but from the calc it sounds like it's possible, but just hard to dodge tech weapons up close. While 26-50 just makes it guaranteed. I think that's grounds to scale it to reactions at the very least (but maybe not combat speed). And that is without a top of the line Sandevistan, right? I don't know much about the TTG.
In RED the Sandevistan only gives you a bonus to acting first in combat rather than a flat reflex boost.

It just means it's faster than Adam Smasher's HMG. And it's not like the rocket was moving normally.
This is the same rocket he uses on V which doesn't move that fast. Smasher doesn't exist in a vacuum, he has another appearance right after Edgerunners.

Can you send me a clip of them only firing one bullet that doesn't move?
Sure, whenever I get the chance I'll screen grab something from my game.

That would explain why the bullets can move fast enough to leave the barrel, but basically freeze the moment they leave the barrel. I don't think it's too hard to believe the bullet is at its fastest while it's in the barrel.
A bullet is faster before it leaves the barrel, but it's no so fast that it would move in conjuction with something moving at Relativistic speeds.

You could lowball all the Sandevistan scenes to hell and back to have subsonic to hypersonic Sandevistan at best due to the inconsistencies
Which is exactly my point. We can't arbitrary only go with the highest versions of feats. Especially when Edgerunners has varying levels of speed.

But maybe that's just me.
Well, yeah you're right. I was just answering your question regarding the rating.

In 2077 that's not true
You are correct. I redid the game with vanilla and things with a high rate of fire can cycle through, but slower items like pistols cannot.

I must've remembered a modded playthrough that changed how the Sandevistan worked or gave it a higher speed value.

In RED the Sandevistan only gives you a bonus to acting first in combat rather than a flat reflex boost.
Oh, weird. But makes sense. So it's more of a priority boost. Still, I'd imagine if one can with difficulty dodge a smart weapon from 2 meters away without a Sandevistan, then with a Sandevistan boost could dodge it relatively easily from the same range.
This is the same rocket he uses on V which doesn't move that fast. Smasher doesn't exist in a vacuum, he has another appearance right after Edgerunners.
I mean, projectile speed in video games are kinda weird tbh. I imagine they want to make it dodgeable. Would be kinda unfair if it just instantly hit the player with no chance of dodging whatsoever. Things gotta be balanced after all. And it's not like the missile is moving at Relativistic speeds in that scene. It's still significantly slower than David. It'd prolly be High Hypersonic or MHS at best.
Sure, whenever I get the chance I'll screen grab something from my game.
Thank you. Depending on how slow gunshots move, it might be worth calcing.
A bullet is faster before it leaves the barrel, but it's no so fast that it would move in conjuction with something moving at Relativistic speeds.
I'm not saying it's moving in conjunction. Just fast enough to travel the distance of the barrel fast enough for it to be practical for a relativistic user. I.e. In around a second or less from the users perspective. Fast enough for them to at least shoot someone, walk over to someone else and shoot another person like the Cyberpsycho from Ep. 1 who headshot multiple police officers. David's clearly moving than the bullet in the feat, but it moves fast enough to escape the barrel and then decelerate and freeze.
Which is exactly my point. We can't arbitrary only go with the highest versions of feats. Especially when Edgerunners has varying levels of speed.
It's not really arbitrary tho. The animators aren't gonna pay attention to every little detail, and are gonna focus on slowing down/freezing certain things to best demonstrate how much of an affect Sandevistan has on its surroundings. If you see bullets slow down to a near half, but rain is faling at a walking pace, you'd use the bullet as reference. Not the rain. As the animators clearly intended for the bullets to be a demonstration of how potent the time slow is in said hypothetical scene.
Well, yeah you're right. I was just answering your question regarding the rating.
So you'd be fine with just a possibly rating for Relativistic for only the top tier Sandevistan users? If so, that seems like a fair compromise. It could be written as

"Massively Hypersonic+, possibly Relativistic with Sandevistan"
You are correct. I redid the game with vanilla and things with a high rate of fire can cycle through, but slower items like pistols cannot.

I must've remembered a modded playthrough that changed how the Sandevistan worked or gave it a higher speed value.
I made a mistake. I was saying that's not true in Edgerunners, but glad I made that mistake so you could make that discovery. It shows that the weapons fire rate is only somewhat relative to a point it can cycle another round faster than the rounds travel after leaving the barrel.

Maybe. There is a lotta mods relating to Sandevistan, so I could see how one could make that mistake.

Idk I'm kinda feeling we should cap at MHS+ too since going for consistenties sake and going off of the potential for the bullet blocking feats you'll be able to perform in the oncoming update there are together dozens of supersonic+ to hypersonic maybe even hypersonic+ feats

It remains to be seen if they do actually add bullet blocking of tech weapons but if so then there's easily potential for flat out hypersonic~hypersonic+ shit so having MHS or MHS+ wouldn't be too insane but relativistic does feel out there by a lot considering these guys don't even statue explosions like even with Maine the explosion was still moving relative to David and even some of his more really busting his ass all out feats like with the truck was only MHS but that's just my thoughts, I can't really see myself saying they're bare minimum MHS+ up to Rel

Idk I'm kinda feeling we should cap at MHS+ too since going for consistenties sake and going off of the potential for the bullet blocking feats you'll be able to perform in the oncoming update there are together dozens of supersonic+ to hypersonic maybe even hypersonic+ feats

It remains to be seen if they do actually add bullet blocking of tech weapons but if so then there's easily potential for flat out hypersonic~hypersonic+ shit so having MHS or MHS+ wouldn't be too insane but relativistic does feel out there by a lot considering these guys don't even statue explosions like even with Maine the explosion was still moving relative to David and even some of his more really busting his ass all out feats like with the truck was only MHS but that's just my thoughts, I can't really see myself saying they're bare minimum MHS+ up to Rel
The explosions actually were statues in the scene. But only for a little. After a few seconds we see they were instead just moving really slow. And David was able to get Maine's arm and escape the room as it was blowing up which would easily get MHS+ results (possibly low relativistic). I might actually try my hand at calculating that feat now that you've mentioned it.

Tbf, the feat was only MHS because we used a low-end and made a very safe assumption that it was the speed of a current day road legal semi truck. And not the fastest truck period.

I'm not proposing MHS+ as a baseline. I propose we give them a flat MHS+ rating with only a possibly rating for Relativistic. Not even a likely rating, a possibly one.

Btw, I wanna get to talking about and getting some ap/dura feats for the verse. Any feats ya'll think would be good? I mention a few that might be good, and I had the idea of maybe calcing explosives under water (assuming you CAN set explosives off under water at some point in 2077) since Underwater explosions usually > air explosives.

Btw, I wanna get to talking about and getting some ap/dura feats for the verse. Any feats ya'll think would be good? I mention a few that might be good, and I had the idea of maybe calcing explosives under water (assuming you CAN set explosives off under water at some point in 2077) since Underwater explosions usually > air explosives.
Hm I actually could have some stuff

I'm not proposing MHS+ as a baseline. I propose we give them a flat MHS+ rating with only a possibly rating for Relativistic. Not even a likely rating, a possibly one.
Idk I feel like a lot would need to be done to remedy this cause the highest possible grade sandevistan is a 10x amp it doesn't get any higher than that so we'll really need a shit ton of support for all the other speed tiers which would need upgrades for this to work

I can buy plenty of guys being around transonic to supersonic+ with no neural implants which would net them in the hypersonic to hypersonic+ if they happened to get a the absolute best sandvesitan possible but that also means that there would need to be those who have better feats as well on the hypersonic+ to high hypersonic ranges with either no neural inplants or a low tier sandevistan so they could reach MHS with a high grade sandy but its the fact that somehow they'd also need to have a tier who are MHS to even remotely have MHS+ listed for their sandevistan and NO ONE is MHS without any neural or spinal inplants on top of not also having a the HIGHEST gdade sandevistan for the extra boost.

Again I can definitely see and support subsonic+ to supersonic+ guys for a lower tier who may not even have any or maybe just low grade neural wear and for guys who are faster than them and have better mid end neural wear and possibly a sandy being Hypersonic-High Hypersonic with all of that together but it'd be people who can somehow perform those level of feats either without any cyberware (very doubtful) or with lower grade neuralware who I can but being like High Hypersonic to MHS and at that point you might as well ditch the MHS+ to just have that as support for the possibly relativistic rating.

Our only options here are to either get better low and mid tier speed feats or to flat out drop the lore statements for how sandy works and its in canon multiplier in order to make things work with MHS+ and relativistic

Idk I feel like a lot would need to be done to remedy this cause the highest possible grade sandevistan is a 10x amp it doesn't get any higher than that so we'll really need a shit ton of support for all the other speed tiers which would need upgrades for this to work

I can buy plenty of guys being around transonic to supersonic+ with no neural implants which would net them in the hypersonic to hypersonic+ if they happened to get a the absolute best sandvesitan possible but that also means that there would need to be those who have better feats as well on the hypersonic+ to high hypersonic ranges with either no neural inplants or a low tier sandevistan so they could reach MHS with a high grade sandy but its the fact that somehow they'd also need to have a tier who are MHS to even remotely have MHS+ listed for their sandevistan and NO ONE is MHS without any neural or spinal inplants on top of not also having a the HIGHEST gdade sandevistan for the extra boost.

Again I can definitely see and support subsonic+ to supersonic+ guys for a lower tier who may not even have any or maybe just low grade neural wear and for guys who are faster than them and have better mid end neural wear and possibly a sandy being Hypersonic-High Hypersonic with all of that together but it'd be people who can somehow perform those level of feats either without any cyberware (very doubtful) or with lower grade neuralware who I can but being like High Hypersonic to MHS and at that point you might as well ditch the MHS+ to just have that as support for the possibly relativistic rating.

Our only options here are to either get better low and mid tier speed feats or to flat out drop the lore statements for how sandy works and its in canon multiplier in order to make things work with MHS+ and relativistic
I think it'd cause less narrative issues to say that the Sandevistan isn't actually just a 10x amp. No 10x amp would let you statue someone comparable to you like it does for David or any other Sandy user in the Anime. Maybe 10x is a lower bound or something. Though for what it's worth, if the highest end of this calc got accepted, they'd have Mach 28 reactions which with a 10x amp would be 280x SoS. Which falls in the MHS range.
V has some environmental destruction shit that can maybe be scaled to physicals and also we can calx LS from the Super jump shit and ripping open some doors or turrets off their mounts
Interesting. I think for lifting strength, we can calc David redirecting the force of the rocket propelled harpoon he caught. Just not idea what the speed of a rocket propelled harpoon WOULD be. If I'm remembering correctly, there's some mechs or something of that vein in 2077 which you can blow up with explosives. The frag value of that might be good given they seem to be made of a good amount of steel.

I think it'd cause less narrative issues to say that the Sandevistan isn't actually just a 10x amp. No 10x amp would let you statue someone comparable to you like it does for David or any other Sandy user in the Anime. Maybe 10x is a lower bound or something. Though for what it's worth, if the highest end of this calc got accepted, they'd have Mach 28 reactions which with a 10x amp would be 280x SoS. Which falls in the MHS range.

Interesting. I think for lifting strength, we can calc David redirecting the force of the rocket propelled harpoon he caught. Just not idea what the speed of a rocket propelled harpoon WOULD be. If I'm remembering correctly, there's some mechs or something of that vein in 2077 which you can blow up with explosives. The frag value of that might be good given they seem to be made of a good amount of steel.
Oh shit good to know and idk that could blow up the LS cause of the speed

Oh shit good to know and idk that could blow up the LS cause of the speed
We wouldn't use the speed David travels at to calc force. We'd be using the speed of the harpoon without outside influence. It prolly only travels at subsonic to supersonic speed at most. Rocket propelled stuff usually travels in that range. Calc'ing the speed using the Mach 400 figure I calc'd would definitely inflate his LS. To Class M or G range I imagine. The problem is finding the speed of the harpoon since I don't think a real life equivalent exists.

So Dalesean027’s Calc for enemies dodging bullets is great but it missed one thing, enemies with katanas. Basically, these guys look to be out right blocking bullets with it, and do to a stupid thing called geometry this could yield significantly more distance moved then just slightly moving your body. Think a Calc like this.

anyways, based on some very rough attempts I did, hypersonic or higher seems very possible.

So Dalesean027’s Calc for enemies dodging bullets is great but it missed one thing, enemies with katanas. Basically, these guys look to be out right blocking bullets with it, and do to a stupid thing called geometry this could yield significantly more distance moved then just slightly moving your body. Think a Calc like this
I didn't miss it that's not even a thing in the game ATM its coming in the new update in September

Back