• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Well since I have the actual fast Sandevistan now I'll refight Smasher and see if he has that reactive Sandevistan or not.

Smasher does not have a Sandevistan. Hilariously it's actually harder to use the faster Sandevistan because its not possible to reflect all the bullets back at him unlike with the Qiant verison.

Last edited:
So now that V can block bullets with a katana, we probably should investigate if the guns are projectiles or hitscan. If it’s hitscan we’re ******.

I’ve seen V punching people meters away with Gorilla Arms and that big ass hammer can be used to strike as a jump attack. So some LS and AP feats.

So now that V can block bullets with a katana, we probably should investigate if the guns are projectiles or hitscan. If it’s hitscan we’re *****.

I’ve seen V punching people meters away with Gorilla Arms and that big ass hammer can be used to strike as a jump attack. So some LS and AP feats.
In regards to the bullet deflection shit its a 100% block rate so idk how you'd determine that as you'd always block them if you had the perk and enough stamina but outside of that nah I don't believe they've ever been hitscan at least regarding any weapon that wasn't a tech weapon

Or rather I shouldn't say I don't believe, I know they aren't hitscan as you can literally dodge them after they've been shot and always have been able to

I think the problem would be finding the distance between bullet and V after it was fired. If photo mode doesn’t work then we have to use some mods.

the police in the new system is so relentless, it caught me off guard and include the new mechanics, no wonder you are advised to start a new game. It truly feels like a new game.

To be honest they just added features that games like GTA SA had back in the PS2 era. It’s cool that they improved the game but it’s just so basic lol.

I think the problem would be finding the distance between bullet and V after it was fired. If photo mode doesn’t work then we have to use some mods.
Nah photo mode should work but just use the distance to the barrel and use whatever the exact frame is when we see the muzzle flash, that's how we've went about it so far for a few of them.

You won't really be able to catch the bullets in photo mode from point blank range since it basically will instantly travel that distance maybe if you use a faster sandy you could

To be honest they just added features that games like GTA SA had back in the PS2 era. It’s cool that they improved the game but it’s just so basic lol.
probably, idk i was just so used to cheesing the game with the sandevistan and monowire being so op back then lol

In regards to the bullet deflection shit its a 100% block rate so idk how you'd determine that as you'd always block them if you had the perk and enough stamina but outside of that nah I don't believe they've ever been hitscan at least regarding any weapon that wasn't a tech weapon
All projectile weapons other than tech are projectiles and not hitscan. Which is why you can outrun them all in Time Dilation.

For monowire I think it's counted as a throwing weapon now or something.

Depending on the result of these new speed feats, this calc in particular should be looked into again: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Naito-desu/Cyberpunk_Heroes_dodge_tech_weapons
Well as a random thing, assuming V is the same height as Metal Gear's Raiden (I believe V is shorter though but that can be handled in an actual calc)
  • 90° swing = 2pi*0.70265420562 = 4.41490658078/4 = 1.1037266452 meters
  • Don't know a distance. But lets just use one meter as an example
  • 1.1037266452 meters / (1 meter / (8,000 feet / 3.28084 conversion) = 2,691.3269 m/s (Mach 7.846 / Hypersonic)
  • Canonically the best Sandevistan is now the Militech Apogee which is what David/Smasher wore and what V can wear. This slows down time by 85% at Tier 5 and at Tier 5+
  • 2,691.3269 m/s / .15 relative time dilation = 17,942.1793333 m/s (Mach 52.3 / High Hypersonic+)
As an alternate calc this is the Sandevistan's description
This model of Sandevistan doesn't exist, at least officially. Off the record, there's gossip of secret Militech Lunar labs producing covert cyberware. It was never meant to be mass produced, but an army would only really need a few pieces like this one to dominate their enemy.
The Cyberpunk 2077 novel No Coincidence features a military grade reflex chip being used by the MC (man they... really like their speedware) and it has the following statements
The matte-gold spindle soared toward the elevator in slow motion. Zor’s reflex booster made everything ten, twenty times slower, as if submerged in oil. His rifle’s laser pinged back and forth, constantly adjusting the bullet’s trajectory based on the actual and predicted movement of the wind and other objects in the air.

Cyberpunk 2077: No Coincidence Page 251
As soon as the door to the bathroom closed behind Zor, Ron went to the entrance and locked it. He transferred the briefcase to his desk, booted up his terminal and searched for the reflex booster model that lay on top. His eyes widened.

“Well, well…”

If Militech’s official price was two hundred grand, then it would go for at least double on the black market. Probably the same for the implants. The ripperdoc straightened up, impressed, and looked at the bathroom where the sound of running water was coming from. The contents of this briefcase added up to a small fortune.

The operating chair began to auto-disinfect. The harsh smell wafted through the room and Ron felt the same excited anticipation he experienced before every operation. The harder the operation, the stronger the feeling.

Zor emerged naked from the bathroom and, not waiting for any instructions, went to lie down on the chair. The manipulators came alive and, without any input from the ripperdoc, plugged into the right sockets and injected needles into the right veins.

“How long ago you take these out?” Ron leaned over the fresh scars on Zor’s shoulder, adjusting his optics to macro.

“Years ago.”

The ripperdoc’s eyebrows knit together almost imperceptibly. He stood still for a few seconds before closing his eyes and letting out a noiseless sigh.

“You’re gonna slowly conk out,” he said, pressing a few buttons on the console. “Then wake up practically a supersoldier. Whether of sound mind is yet to be determined. How thorough do you want the stitching? Don’t have a lot of time between implants—want to avoid scarring.”

Cyberpunk 2077: No Coincidence Page 203
A hail of bullets threaded its way through the air from the soldier on the right. They were all chipped with reflex boosters, too—just not as advanced as his. Zor ducked and rolled toward him, ramming into him as he sprang back upward and grabbed him from behind, using him as a temporary human shield.

Cyberpunk 2077: No Coincidence Page 298
So this reflex booster, which is publicly available, gives you a 10x to 20x speed amplification, which the Apogee should canonically greatly exceed since its Militech black ops and powerful enough to be considered a game changer for the military.

• 2,691.3269 m/s * 10 reflex boost = 26,913.269 m/s (Mach 78.46 / High Hypersonic+)
  • 2,691.3269 m/s * 20 reflex boost = 53,826.538 m/s (Mach 156.928 / Massively Hypersonic)

EDIT: Barring the Relativistic calcs, I think the 10x and 20x stuff aligns with a lot of those previously calced Edgerunner showings.

Alright so here's all the MHS and below showings
MHS+
Relativistic ends
  • David/Smasher =Mach 121,603-335,557 - Sandevistan
  • Mach 416,895 - Sandevistan
Overall probably going to say something in the Mach 200-500 range is probably the most consistent figure we're going to get. The Relativistic Ends aren't useable imo and the MHS+ stuff still seems weirdly high.

Alright so here's all the MHS and below showings
MHS+
Relativistic ends
  • David/Smasher =Mach 121,603-335,557 - Sandevistan
  • Mach 416,895 - Sandevistan
Overall probably going to say something in the Mach 200-500 range is probably the most consistent figure we're going to get. The Relativistic Ends aren't useable imo and the MHS+ stuff still seems weirdly high.
I'd be fine ditching Relativistic for the time being, but I think trying to dump the MHS+ calcs is being too conservative for the sake of lowballing. Claiming it to be "weirdly high" when it's only a few times higher than the Mach 500-700 feats seems like skepticism more than anything. Given that David's AP second best feat is around, if not less than 10x that of his greatest AP feat in his gravity exo. Yet that is viewed as permissible (His best feat is 74 Tons, his second greatest only 7 Tons. Around a 10.5x difference). So I feel the MHS+ feats which are only a couple times higher than the consistent MHS feats should be perfectly fine.

It’s definitely weirdly high given the nature of the feat. It just feels wrong.
Slow-motion feats tend to grant high results... especially when it's for a longer period of time. Most that I see are in the MHS to FTL range. No idea what feels oddly high about the nature of the feat given that's entirely subjective. Same can be said for me finding it normal.

Slow mo feats are high when the moving character is moving at decently high speeds during the slowed time, something David really isn’t doing. It’s not subjective also, just think about how the Sandevistan not making V MHS in the game, as the bullets are moving at decent speeds when the cybernetic is activated, or how the Sandevistan enhances the user’s perception and movement speed by 10 to 20 times, which isn’t close to MHS+.

Edgerunners feats with Sandevistan are cracked yeah but when you stop to think about it it’s just not the same as the game which aligns almost perfectly with the novel statement.

Slow mo feats are high when the moving character is moving at decently high speeds during the slowed time, something David really isn’t doing. It’s not subjective also, just think about how the Sandevistan not making V MHS in the game, as the bullets are moving at decent speeds when the cybernetic is activated, or how the Sandevistan enhances the user’s perception and movement speed by 10 to 20 times, which isn’t close to MHS+.

Edgerunners feats with Sandevistan are cracked yeah but when you stop to think about it it’s just not the same as the game which aligns almost perfectly with the novel statement.
Then the feat isn't too high because of the nature of the feat. It's "weirdly high" because the other media's contradict it. That is your issue. Not the feat itself.

You also don't particularly need to move fast for slow-mo feats to be good. It's more about what's being slowed down, to what extent, and duration (In some cases). Like, if David is statuing Supersonic+ to Hypersonic projectiles, it is not weird for him to be netting MHS+ results by any account.

Given that David's AP second best feat is around, if not less than 10x that of his greatest AP feat in his gravity exo. Yet that is viewed as permissible (His best feat is 74 Tons, his second greatest only 7 Tons. Around a 10.5x difference).
For the gravity thing it's just the same feat but over a wider area and David used it rather often. Which is why a 8-B rating isn't that outlandish. The issue with the Sandevistan is more the extreme range we get when using the higher interpretations of some scenes.

Like, if David is statuing Supersonic+ to Hypersonic projectiles, it is not weird for him to be netting MHS+ results by any account.
Well after PL comes out and we see if anything impressive happens, we can move on and do the CRT. At the very least they're moving to a Hypersonic, MHS/MHS+ rating when boosted.

The big issue is redoing V's abilities. I believe a maxed V that's done everything will have 66 stat points (3 ratings maxed + extra) and some large number of abilities.

Last edited:
For the gravity thing it's just the same feat but over a wider area and David used it rather often. Which is why a 8-B rating isn't that outlandish. The issue with the Sandevistan is more the extreme range we get when using the higher interpretations of some scenes.

Well after PL comes out and we see if anything impressive happens, we can move on and do the CRT. At the very least they're moving to a Hypersonic, MHS/MHS+ rating when boosted.

The big issue is redoing V's abilities. I believe a maxed V that's done everything will have 66 stat points (3 ratings maxed + extra) and some large number of abilities.
The same could be said about the use of Sandevistan... it's the same feats with different durations. The difference is a meager 2 to at most around a 4x difference for the MHS+ feats whereas David's gravity feat is just over 10x. So personally I don't think it's outlandish given we let a far larger gap to exist in the verse as a solid rating. I do agree that the Sandevistan showings or hell, even slow-mo feats in general are pretty inconsistent since outside of like maybe videogames where you can set a slow-down dilation, people don't consider exactly how fast these things will be moving. Just so long as it makes the person pulling off the feat seem super fast.

V's abilities will definitely need an overhaul, yeah. Most pages in general could afford to be improved.

So currently for V we got
  • Basic tabber
  • Cyberdeck
  • Sandevistan Build
  • Berserk Build
What would be the best way to split these up? Should we give all Reflex Perks to the Sandevistan Build for example?

In addition we probably need to make a Cyberware tab.

I feel like perks should be for the base V given they're available regardless of the build you're going for and maybe a composite and then divide by cyberdeck imo

I feel like perks should be for the base V given they're available regardless of the build you're going for and maybe a composite and then divide by cyberdeck imo
Should we seperate them put by attributes or just list them all at once?

That is a good question, a subtabber under base or I suppose just putting them in list form in one tab but still organizing them by their respective attribute

That is a good question, a subtabber under base or I suppose just putting them in list form in one tab but still organizing them by their respective attribute
So would this look the best then

• Base
    • Physical / Reflex / Tech / Int / Cool
  • Cyberwear
  • Cyberdeck powers
  • Sandevistan powers
  • Berserk powers
Finally for the various neural cores, who are we doing the versions. For example the Militech Berserk makes you invulnerable (So "much higher with Berserk") but what do we do about other models? Just ignore them or try to include everything?

I guess we'd have to account for the differences between the various models? The differences between lower quality and higher quality cyberdecks obviously are the number of hacks the character is capable of pulling within a second as well as how many hacking abilities they actually are capable of, and Sandevistan obviously has differences in both how much faster they make you and how long they last.

Ok I finished the main DLC story or atleast one of the endings. I really enjoyed the DLC and didn't really run into much problems aside from heavy frame drops in certain areas but a price to pay for basically maxed settings.

Rebecca is alive!

And in life support

images

Alright so I just murdered a bunch of people and a cop showed up with on. You actually can deflect tech weapons with the perk.

Which is pretty major.
Oh my my
base V is well into hyper+ it would seem

@Dalesean027 sorry about making that thread didn't see this one, thought the Cyberpunk community was a tad dormant here

but yeah what will the changes be? are we throwing out the tier 8 stuff? or did I miss read the discussion?

So currently for V we got
  • Basic tabber
  • Cyberdeck
  • Sandevistan Build
  • Berserk Build
What would be the best way to split these up? Should we give all Reflex Perks to the Sandevistan Build for example?

In addition we probably need to make a Cyberware tab.
I don't think that splitting up V's base perks is really necessary especially after the DLC raising the level cap allowing us to basically have 4 skills trees at pretty much their max.

But we should split up the cyberware probably cuse there is A LOT more of it now to go through.

Back