• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ speeds... again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This is for the regular users. Regular users please reply here and ignore the other thread that's for staff members...

Alright we've more or less concluded The DBZ Speeds thread.

The Relativistic moon bust speed had a possibility of being an outlier as it was contradicted later on by the Snakeway feat.

Now before anyone says that the Snakeway feat is PIS. I'll just say that there's literally no MHS feats in Part 1 Dragon Ball and the MHS speed stats from Part 1 Dragon Ball comes from a statement...

We all know feats > statements.

Now we got this "DB characters use huge amounts of Ki in "bursts" to make themselves much stronger and faster while not staying at that level over long periods of time (because that would waste Ki). That's way their combat speed >>> their travel speed and why their power "jumped" early on while the villains underestimated the" Quoted from LordXcano...

And there's also the fact that we never really got much feats in the speed department or any department for DBZ...

At the very least we know for a fact that DBZ makes a huge distinction between Travel speed and Combat speed...

Now with this we got something... Radtiz dodged Piccolo's beam. Now with this being either a Combat/reactions/short bursts speed feat or a Travel speed feat I'd say this was a Combat/reactions/short bursts feat as it's more likely (given the above explanation) and so as to avoid contradictions.

Same with the MHS statement... it should likely be a Combat/reactions/short bursts speed feat as there are literally no traveling speed feats with result in MHS and also because it fits very well with this explanation above...

Now the DBZ speed are most likely gonna be like this.

For SSJ Goku and Frieza 100%

Speed: FTL+ Combat Speed, reactions and short bursts speed. This is with the timeframe of 17.84 seconds.

Or Speed: MFTL Combat Speed, reactions and short bursts speed. This is with the timeframe of 4 seconds from the anime.

Now we come to the main point of this thread. Decide upon the timeframe. Since there seems to be no other way I'll just ask ya guys to vote.

Now for traveling speed it would likely still be FTL by the end of the Frieza saga but I'll need to gather some information on that. Also just a heads up there may be downgrades of sort on some speed stats...

Well i am for the upgrades and well ok some downgrades but at least most of them will get a speed buff right?

The whole point of this thread is mostly to decide the timeframe so vote on that. And it isn't a downgrade per say but yeah they're getting more buffs in speed if either is accepted... even if neither is accepted they're still gonna get some speed buffs...

yeah that's good either way just hope it doesn become a ****storm like the last one

Bro timeframe... just tell me which timeframe do ya think should be used.

The 17.84 seconds one or the 4 seconds one...

Alright... just a simple note for everyone else who comments the whole point of this thread is mostly to decide the timeframe so just tell me which timeframe do ya guys think should be used... that's all...

Well

If Goku and Frieza (from Namek saga obviously) are FTL

Then that would be a HUGE upgrade for ALL the verse

LordAizenSama said:
just remember pocket, piccolo would of been screaming "be gone" for 17.84 seconds for that to be acceptable.
i wouldn't actually be surprised if he was screaming that long XD most of what people do in db is scream lel

I will go with the 4 seconds with no doubt, the 17.48 seconds sound way too unrealistic in this context, is very unlikely that the entire scene was that long.

I really, really hate cinematic timing but 17 second is more stupid than 4 second, so 4 second is what I pick

Even though I would appreciate recalculation of the 17 second, manga > cinematic timing anyday

The 4 sec timeframe seems better because the 17.48 sec one is based on the falling rocks or something, and the 4 sec one is the actual timeframe we got from DB Kai whether stretched or not (*cough* 5 minutes *cough*).

DBZ is infamous for cinematic timing abuse (probably the most famous of all), I really dont know what would happen if 4 second is picked. It's a tricky situation

4 seconds

iirc super continues from kai am i rite?

in kai it took approx 4 seconds for the beam to leave piccolo and for light to come back

now the overall time rate was the same throught this whole scene

unless one can prove that it suddenly changed in the midle of the scene

Pocket-Chu said:
LordAizenSama said:
just remember pocket, piccolo would of been screaming "be gone" for 17.84 seconds for that to be acceptable.
i wouldn't actually be surprised if he was screaming that long XD most of what people do in db is scream lel
Feat debunked GG thread

Personally I lean towards 4 seconds as that's what I've been using all my life

Wait. We're not reducing this to a vote, are we?

I'm opposed to such a thing, as it reduces decision-making from "who has the best arguments" to "who has more support", and the latter does not correlate with the former, opening the risk of letting a bad argument go through simply because more people support it.

@Uncle I think theres a staff one about dbz speeds, and I agree, I'd just go with whatever the staff goes with anyway to avoid people just supporting their series as high as they can regardless of whether its right or wrong

Unclechairman said:

I'm opposed to such a thing, as it reduces decision-making from "who has the best arguments" to "who has more support", and the latter does not correlate with the former, opening the risk of letting a bad argument go through simply because more people support it.
This thread is mostly for when the staff can reach a conclusion... and its also for another thing...

Unclechairman said:
Well there isn't exactly much to argue anymore

Team 4 seconds says 17 seems way too long and that there were flaws in the calc (Gohan kicking up rocks as well)

Team 17 seconds says it's an outlier

It doesn't matter whether or not you use 17 seconds or 4 seconds. It still ends up much faster than any other blast in the saga.

You could argue that the other blasts were slowed down by cinematic time, but because there's no clear standard for what counts as an abuse of cinematic time, it opens up the opportunity for the other side to claim that this blast was sped up by cinematic time.

Fights in DB are always slowed down, I have never seen the opposite, the moon blast probably was actual time, as nobody was actually fighting.

Then it can't bee 17.87 seconds if they were fighting :^), jk but yeah that does make it faster, so using 4 secs seems better than 0.0001 secs or whatever speed he was destroying those mountains, I don't see it as an inconsistency because all of the other attacks were slowed down so we could see them (like Jackie Chun vs. Krilin) and the fact that that was done at the beginning of Z, a few years later after Piccolo's fight with Goku at the Tenkaichi Budokai.

And if we, ejem, take into account Roshi's moon bust, it was a bit slower but requiered great charging time, so the power level should me notably higher than the 139 he had before getting buff, and Piccolo's PL was way higher and it was done casual, and we saw the moon getting busted twice already so...

To the one that said dragon ball don't have any speed feat close to the one piccolo did.

1- final flash going to outer space in 1 second.

2- gotenks do a dozen of laps around the earth in just 1 second.

3- Kid buu destroying a galaxy in just a few years.

4- Frieza's Namek busting.

thos are the one i can remember...

Aimenaltair said:
To the one that said dragon ball don't have any speed feat close to the one piccolo did.

Kid Buu is filler but the rest is true however.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Aimenaltair said:

Kid Buu is filler but the rest is true however.
But didn't Kid buu busting a galaxy over years made him 4-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back