• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

De-Compositing Garfield

None to my knowledge, but it seems alotta scans on the original file are broken.

And I think his speed rating currently is a Possibly, if you just look at the scans
Is there enough information about the dates in the file names to find the images again and upload them to the wiki, after which that can be linked to instead?

plus, i have pictures of the diamond explosion compared to a kart, meaning i can calc it. all i gotta do now is upload the pictures to the wiki, take some pixel measurements, plug some numbers into a formula, and bing bang boom garfield kart profile

Please don't make multiple posts in a row. If you have more to say, edit it into one post.

None to my knowledge, but it seems alotta scans on the original file are broken.

And I think his speed rating currently is a Possibly, if you just look at the scans
Is there enough information about the dates in the file names to find the images again and upload them to the wiki, after which that can be linked to instead?

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

I hope this doesn't (re)start any controversies, but I've been on & off of searching for Garfields & Friends feats.

One that I learned of was one of the Garfield Quickies. AFAIK, these tend to be adaptations of the officially printed comic strips.

Here's footage:

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, didn't we have rules listed somewhere stating Anime adaptations of events in the manga can be used as part of calculations, since they can provide timeframes & extra context & such? Could similar principles be applied here?

Nonetheless, even if it's irrelevant to the original printed Garfield comics media it's very clearly directly based on, this may be worth calculating for the Garfield & Friends incarnation of Garfield.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, didn't we have rules listed somewhere stating Anime adaptations of events in the manga can be used as part of calculations, since they can provide timeframes & extra context & such? Could similar principles be applied here?
what are you talking about? this is literally an anime.
also i guess we can't count anything exclusive to garfield and friends because it's filler

what are you talking about? this is literally an anime.
Well, not entirely. While anime does refer to animated series, it also tends to be specifically Japanese media, which Garfield is not.
also i guess we can't count anything exclusive to garfield and friends because it's filler
Well, the Garfield Quickies are just shorts in Garfield & Friends proper, & I'm unsure how much they contradict the main material & they aren't the primary content of the cartoons.

But even Garfield & Friends material that isn't canonical to the comics should be valid for indexing as its own canon, since it's own media; Even if it isn't canon to the comics, the cartoons are "canon" to themselves, I would assume.

If they are exact adaptions of the comic strips, they can probably be used for timeframes, yes.

Also, the Garfield & Friends cartoon can be used for separate profile pages.

Alright. Unfortunately, I said earlier that they were adaptations AFAIK (As Far As I Knew), but....
Having checked, that Garfield Quickie being an adaptation of a Comic Strip may not always be the case, since I've checked a few compilations, & a lot don't seem to be from the Comic Strips. Some do, I think, though.

Nonetheless, I would assume those that are adaptations should be useable for timeframes.

I've also discovered a couple of speed feats while searching the Quickies. However, one is difficult to find....
Quoting https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/GarfieldAndFriends :
  • In episode 33, in a quickie, Jon was trying to relax sitting in his soft chair with a bowl of popcorn, watching TV, then Garfield just came and did everything at speed, changing the channel, eating all the popcorn, putting the bowl on Jon's head, scratching the chair, then dancing away, facing you.
Presuming Garfield does all that in a very short timeframe, it might be a good speed feat. But because G&F has multiple & "episodes"/segments, several huge seasons, & YT is unreliable, I'm having trouble finding footage for it, & I'm unsure which episode exactly is "episode 33". The Garfield Wiki doesn't have much useful documentation either.

As for what I DO have footage of:
Garfield catches up to a hot dog truck (shaped like a hot dog.) on foot, & Jon is also able to follow on foot. Garfield then seemingly outruns the vehicle to go in pursuit of an ice cream vehicle (shaped like an ice cream cone.).
Jon seemingly doesn't keep up with the ice cream vehicle out of choice not to/exasperation with Garfield.

I'd argue these vehicles might be slower than typical vehicles, since they might be food vehicles meant to be stopped by customers at curbsides & such, so they'd likely be slower, usually.... But unless it's on the side opposite the viewer, neither has service windows, discrediting that theory. Maybe they're food delivery, such as for stores &/or restaurants?

In this Quickie, we see Jon walk past Garfield, seemingly asleep, enter the kitchen, take a cookie, & as Jon is about to put the cookie in his mouth, Garfield perks up, as if awakened, & goes by in a blurr (With SFX for emphasis, too.) & stealing the cookie from Jon's hand. Although we see the entranceway connecting the kitchen & the 2 rooms, we sadly don't see the full distance from Garfield's bed to said kitchen entranceway. Still, a calc would be able to account for most of the distance by using Jon to measure most of the rooms. From there, you could get the distance from Garfield's bed to Jon's hand.
Might be a good speed feat.

Thank you for helping out.
Glad to! I'm surprised general feat-finding & discussion is being so well received in a Content Revision Thread. Perhaps I'm biased at least in part because I never knew folks such as you, Antvasima, to be so enthusiastic about Garfield, lol. No offense meant.

i just watched both live action garfield movies. i feel like i've been violated somehow

anyways, cg abomination garfield survived falling off a building and through a truck

Okay. Please submit gifs of the relevant feats so they can be calculated.

Are you able to create and upload a gif file from the YouTube clip?

ok
giphy.gif

All calc group members:

Here is the feat that he is trying to create a gif file from:

I don't think that could be very well calculated. His fall was broken by glass and some boxes.

Back