• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

De-Compositing Garfield

I mean I don't doubt your capabilities or anything, I just think it's abit... y'know, to have your work being judged by people who are supposedly your peers
True, but I really don't think this is going to be a trend as it is mostly a way for BigSmoke to ultra Instinct their way out of a full profile making ban

alright. going off of a quick google search, an average go kart weighs 170 pounds and can go at 45 mph. this means the kinetic energy of a go kart is about 15602.797 joules. garfield's go kart, formula zzzz, should scale to this.

garfield can casually shake off crashing into walls and other racers in his go kart. should his durability scale to wall level as well?

No. You don't scale to the KE of a vehicle for being in that vehicle. The vehicle absorbs some of the impact.

Is this an acceptable thread to discuss feats & possible revisions for versions of Garfield?
If so, I'd be interested in discussing basises for a profile for Garfield as he is in Garfield & Friends.

garfield should probably have 9-B durability anyways since he can survive the explosions caused by diamond power ups

the old curious george explosion calc with a 2.4 foot radius got wall level, i'm 101% sure this explosion (which is significantly larger than the karts) reaches that level too

... @Antvasima can you verify this? I don't think a bluename getting handed the reigns of another bluename should be a trend
Well, we had to make do with the people who were willing to volunteer at the time, but I hope that it will work out.

Okay. That can be used for the Garfield cartoon profile page then.

would garfield kart count as a part of the garfield show? it seems to share the same designs, characters, and music.

oh, uhh, in the garfield show, garfield regenerates from being crushed flat by a safe.

happens at around 6:25.
That's considered regen instead of a goofy cartoony way of tanking something? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Garfield has a highly malleable body?

Last edited:
That's considered regen instead of a goofy cartoony way of tanking something? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Garfield has a highly malleable body?
Well, currently we treat that sort of stuff as regeneration.
Anything else would require a revision on how toon force is treated in general TBH.

Anything else would require a revision on how toon force is treated in general TBH.
Jesus, toon force standards are wild. But if that's how it is, that's how it is.

Actually what file does that? Because I recall I listed that level of regen as a "Possibly" in my toon files.

Garfield Kart doesn't even have a plot, so it most likely isn't canon, the site is quite strict regarding them and all.

Otherwise I could argue that the Madagascar videogames are canon to the movies.

So which of the feats in the current profile is not from the original comic strips, and should be moved to a profile for his cartoon version instead?

None to my knowledge, but it seems alotta scans on the original file are broken.

And I think his speed rating currently is a Possibly, if you just look at the scans

Wasn't there a scene in The Garfield Show where Garfield states he will heal from any inflicted damage once the camera goes offscreen since he could just regenerate?

Granted, I'm not saying he can regenerate from a punch from Superman or whatever, but if that gets dug up, that should at least support his currently-listed regen feats

IIRC that was accepted to be the case back when that got added, IDK why it wasn't included already as optional equipment.

Back