• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kyoko sakura vs lancer
maxresdefault.jpg

For Yang Xiao Long vs Yang Guo, I think if we follow the stats in VS Battles Wiki, Yang Guo outskills since Yang Guo's martial arts counter Yang Xiao Long's fighting style (For example, the Toad Technique allows Yang Xiao Long's attack backfire. Yang Guo's well-trained sword skill and H2H skill can make Yang Xiao Long feel like she's fighting Neo and Adam at the same time. Also, Yang Guo has limited mind haxes)

Researching comic dudes are a pain, took me days to read half of Flash’s first Volume.

(This post was brought to you by the Reverse-Flash vs Black gang)
I would prefer doing that to watching the live action Last Airbender film just to see what stats live action Aang would have. Thanks VS Wiki for not having a stat page for that thus meaning I can't try to cop out of actual research.

He's like 9-B or 9-A unless im forgetting something in the 8 years since I've last watched that boring movie
As I am about to work IRL I want to say:

Hot take: Live action Aang and live action Edward Elric deserve a character profile.

And live action Aang vs live action Edward Elric ironically deserves a live action DBX or even a Death Battle.

Last edited:
He's like 9-B or 9-A unless im forgetting something in the 8 years since I've last watched that boring movie
Yeah, definitely can confirm by my watching he is only like Wall level at best with the exception of this building size tornado which he only made to prove he is the Avatar to the Northern Water Tribe. Which is randomly inconsistent and might just be a digital effects error since it only happens when the camera has zoomed out to show off the entire city. Also 8-C to possible 8-B in Avatar State. I don't know how to calc making tidal waves, but he made massive ones in the finale.

Yeah, definitely can confirm by my watching he is only like Wall level at best with the exception of this building size tornado which he only made to prove he is the Avatar to the Northern Water Tribe. Which is randomly inconsistent and might just be a digital effects error since it only happens when the camera has zoomed out to show off the entire city. Also 8-C to possible 8-B in Avatar State. I don't know how to calc making tidal waves, but he made massive ones in the finale.
This is all without scaling to tapping into prior Avatars right?

5 earth benders combined could barely lift a small boulder.
Dude I have no freaking clue what those people were doing but it was definitely not to help lift the rock/pebble/boulder. Because a single Earthbender created a wall even bigger than himself. And it was the same exact Earthbender that threw the rock/pebble/boulder. So yeah whatever the frock those guys in the background I refuse to believe it was to lift something as small as that. It is way too inconsistent within the same scene.

The series being "inconsistent" doesn't always invalidate their feats. Marvel and DC still has consistently portrayed heralds as the strongest and so are many of their feats. Mario really isn't that inconsistent tbh. It, like many series, suffers from PIS.
It has way too much PIS. If Mario got limits similar to Comics Duo we'd singing a whole different tune.

And like this is technically problem for nigh everything. Writers have no idea how strong some things are which can lead to big numbers.

I doubt Steven was intended to be Dwarf Star level in DB Context.

It has way too much PIS. If Mario got limits similar to Comics Duo we'd singing a whole different tune.

And like this is technically problem for nigh everything. Writers have no idea how strong some things are which can lead to big numbers.

I doubt Steven was intended to be Dwarf Star level in DB Context.
Good chunk probably don't
Authors and animators learn too little science leading to big numbers is one thing. Authors and animators caring too little consistency making things like being able to create a large boulder but unable to move a small pebble in the next second is another.

Well the Mario verse do tend to attempt to follow a pattern in a feat demonstration:

Early game characters (excluding cinematics) are just tier 9 to tier 7-ish, then end game characters bump to tier 4 to tier 2 in feat demonstration.

The only problem is: The writer tends to rinse and repeat the same story plot - to the point the characters drop to tier 9 to tier 7 right after one story concludes and another story commences.

Sonic characters are slightly better: they limit the tier 2 stuffs to super forms or hyper forms or ultra forms whatever.

Verses that have genuinely tried to get tier 1 over the last 5 months:

• Persona (succeeded)
  • Archie Sonic (succeeded)
  • Kirby (failed, might try again)
  • DB Xenoverse (failed)
  • Bayonetta (failed)
  • Earthbound/Mother (succeded)
  • Mario (looks like its gonna fail)
  • And probably a lot more that I'm forgetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back