• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image0.png

If we got already potentially 4 comics matches in 6 eps, thats a bad omen. They are more likely to overuse and underuse comics. And frankly, S8 comics fights as MUs are honestly not great.

Lex vs Doom might be fitting, but as the first comics match of what people thought was true legacy season, its weird one. Doesn't help people became to like Doom vs Gilgamesh. Lex had a great ep and Doom's ep wasnt even the worst.

The gap between excitement for IF and excitement for Po was staggering lmao It was all eyes on skadoosh bear,

Batman vs IM was done hilariously late.

Black vs RF and Korra vs Storm were gargantuan stomp.

The main upside was that none of these episodes were truly bad. But being excited for comics is way too hard. If DJTiki says that there isnt gimmicks, why should I not expected 8 comics for next year? 40% of season being comics is a standard ffs. And thats a lot.

And it really is true that after S7 comic fights have been not that great and those that are good are suffering due to overuse fatigue.

"There is no gimmick"

"More new franchises"

Which one is it?
simple
DB have introduced new franchises before, S9 will feature more new ones given the 20 episodes Format
there never said they won't use previous franchise given Star Wars, Dragon Ball, and of Marvel/DC are in next year
also Tiki's comments came like two weeks ago while Ultraguy was recent
think of it like S6
If we got already potentially 4 comics matches in 6 eps, thats a bad omen. They are more likely to overuse and underuse comics. And frankly, S8 comics fights as MUs are honestly not great.

Lex vs Doom might be fitting, but as the first comics match of what people thought was true legacy season, its weird one. Doesn't help people became to like Doom vs Gilgamesh. Lex had a great ep and Doom's ep wasnt even the worst.

The gap between excitement for IF and excitement for Po was staggering lmao It was all eyes on skadoosh bear,

The main upside was that none of these episodes were truly bad. But being excited for comics is way too hard. If DJTiki says that there isnt gimmicks, why should I not expected 8 comics for next year? 40% of season being comics is a standard ffs. And thats a lot.

And it really is true that after S7 comic fights have been not that great and those that are good are suffering due to overuse fatigue.
let's see
20 episodes this season
Thor vs Vegeta
Magneto vs Tetsuo
Scarlet With vs Zatanna
Harley vs Jinx
We know Tanjiro is fighting Jonathan
Boba likely fighting Predator

Four Comic Book Related MU
Two Nonrelated Comic Book MU

if we assume there keeping it to a minimum and not trying to repeat S& issues i don't see it being akin to s7

I doubt Everhood can ever make its way to Death Battle given bigger names like no More Heroes have not come up yet.

What are the connections between Red Mage and Geno anyway? Beside their obviously similar face
I mean, I guess they're both dolls possessed by a thing? Geno, like a lot of Mario characters, dosn't have a whole lot to work with when it comes to connections.

Honestly Red unironically has more in common with Yogiri than Geno, but it vibes, you know? And minus the Right Hand of Death, it's probably decently close.

Ignoring Doomguy getting uni-stuff, how would that fight go now vs MC? Is it just fans wanting Doomguy to get a W, or is it a debate?
Oh no ignoring Universal stuff Doomguy just stomps MC
Plus it's more than giving DG his W his first fight on death battle was low quality even Ben stated he didn't like the quality for it
Plus not Doomguy has better alternatives

https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/5349816615042203608/2129380122761879609

Back to working on this, may need help with some matchups. If you see a matchup with less than 3 sentences, assume I need help.

I take issue with the fact of the two Marvel vs DC fights we got these two, they picked two that were so ... similar?

IronBat was just kinda LexDoom - Hero Edition for me. Two super-rich humans in cosmic-level power armour and the Marvel guy wins. They fact that everyone involved was a returning combatant doesn't help either.

Speaking of which, who are we feeling for returning combatants? We already have Boba Fett (?), Vegeta (and Thor) confirmed, but who else could we get?

Last edited:
https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/5349816615042203608/2129380122761879609

Back to working on this, may need help with some matchups. If you see a matchup with less than 3 sentences, assume I need help.

I take issue with the fact of the two Marvel vs DC fights we got these two, they picked two that were so ... similar?

IronBat was just kinda LexDoom - Hero Edition for me. Two super-rich humans in cosmic-level power armour and the Marvel guy wins. They fact that everyone involved was a returning combatant doesn't help either.

Speaking of which, who are we feeling for returning combatants? We already have Vegeta (and Thor) confirmed, but who else could we get?
Blogger login issue again.

Oh right. I forgot similarity was an issue too for comics. S7 had 2-3 Spidey characters.

Boba Fett is odd. Honestly, S8 was a confirm slap that DB returns characters we are not expecting. That makes things harder. Spawn vs GR might happen eventually. MC vs Doomguy is the current most requested remake. Surprisingly Bowser vs Eggman might happen, at least next year.

A definite key factor is that returnees are usually important characters. Even if they had their "it" fight, really important characters tend to return, even when they are forgotten or not much talked here.

Speaking of which, who are we feeling for returning combatants? We already have Boba Fett (?), Vegeta (and Thor) confirmed, but who else could we get?
Maybe Captain America he's long overdue for a runback
Can anyone even touch Composite Santa Claus
None

Going through the seasons, the ones that could stand to come back are (not including rematches like Doom/Chief):

Spiderman, Captain America, Mewtwo, Bowser, Eggman, Tifa(?), Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Samus, Kratos, Dante, Spawn, Chun-Li, Deathstroke, Doomsday Natsu, Zero, Shredder.

Blogger login issue again.

Oh right. I forgot similarity was an issue too for comics. S7 had 2-3 Spidey characters.

Boba Fett is odd. Honestly, S8 was a confirm slap that DB returns characters we are not expecting. That makes things harder. Spawn vs GR might happen eventually. MC vs Doomguy is the current most requested remake. Surprisingly Bowser vs Eggman might happen, at least next year.

A definite key factor is that returnees are usually important characters. Even if they had their "it" fight, really important characters tend to return, even when they are forgotten or not much talked here.
Apologies, wrong link. https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/predicting-and-ranking-possible-death.html

Going through the seasons, the ones that could stand to come back are (not including rematches like Doom/Chief):

Spiderman, Captain America, Mewtwo, Bowser, Eggman, Tifa(?), Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Samus, Kratos, Dante, Spawn, Chun-Li, Deathstroke, Doomsday Natsu, Zero, Shredder.

Apologies, wrong link. https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/predicting-and-ranking-possible-death.html
Who can Tifa fight tho?
Also, while Shredder could come back, i don't think he should, Shredder vs Silver Samurai is genuinely one of their best sprite episodes and i doubt that they can top it that easily

Always found it odd that match-ups must have connections for some reason. That's not an actual rule of Death Battle. A lot of the popular fights just happen to have some connections, they weren't popular/made because of it (Goku vs Superman). It seems that people focus too much on "connections"/how similar the fighters are rather than how close the fight is and how their abilities/skills counter each other.

Who can Tifa fight tho?
Also, while Shredder could come back, i don't think he should, Shredder vs Silver Samurai is genuinely one of their best sprite episodes and i doubt that they can top it that easily
agreed Shredder vs Silver Samurai is among the Best Sprite Fights on the show
Tifa is hard cause most of her options are eh in terms of her coming back
Tifa doesn't need to come back. Just have kill her Yang in a DB revisited episode. If they ever do something like that, which they really should
Ben outright said he didn't want to do Tifa vs Yang 2 and said back then it was wrong right after link vs cloud 2

Spiderman-Ladybug is pick I've seen for Parker or the Movie Spider-Man BR
Captain America-Kamen Rider Ichigo
Mewtwo-BlackWarGremymon
Bowser-Eggman or Someone else
Eggman-Wily or the Above
Tifa-IDK
Luke Skywalker-IDK
Darth Vader-Obito
Samus-X
Kratos-Dante
Dante-^
Spawn-Demi-Fiend or Ghost Rider
Chun-Li-IDK
Deathstroke-Taskmaster
Doomsday-SCP 682
Natsu-Luffy i guess
Zero-Meta Knight
Shredder-Shouldn't come back

Tifa doesn't need to come back. Just have kill her Yang in a DB revisited episode. If they ever do something like that, which they really should
Yes. Yes she does.

She was done too dirty to deserver anything else. I don't know who she'd face, maybe Chun-Li or whatever, but Tifa needs to return....personally against an opponent where she gets the W.

EDIT* I also personally believe Yang deserves to be done better, but that's whatever

Yes. Yes she does.

She was done too dirty to deserver anything else. I don't know who she'd face, maybe Chun-Li or whatever, but Tifa needs to return....personally against an opponent where she gets the W.

EDIT* I also personally believe Yang deserves to be done better, but that's whatever
Tifa was also done pretty dirty in DBX against Chun-Li where she pretty much did nothing against her
If Tifa fights Chun in an actual DB, it will be pretty satisfying to see her win (Tho Tifa vs Chun sucks as a MU)

Tifa was also done pretty dirty in DBX against Chun-Li where she pretty much did nothing against her
If Tifa fights Chun in an actual DB, it will be pretty satisfying to see her win (Tho Tifa vs Chun sucks as a MU)
I want Tifa to get the W so bad, but Chun-Li also deserves to come back in some compacity, and not against someone who absolutely stomps her.

Curious if they get Chun Li back what character they have in mind to fight her

To me Lei Wulong is her best, especially with connections and character overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back