• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's play a game I like to call: Guess the matchup based on the GIFs!

sora-smash.gif
this-is-my-right-hand-righty.gif
Isaac(Binding of Isaac) vs Glenn Quagmire

yeah new stuff, but putting them against Marvel/DC characters!
This is already giving new lives to "capeshit vs capeshit" matchups.

thats true Peter is long overdue given batman vs Spiderman was S1
Yes.
But given Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen is less performing than expected... I do not think it is good to sacrifice Spider-Man to Ladybug when (a) Spider-Men battle royale is a thing, and (b) Ladybug vs Randy Cunningham exists and fans from all three sides believe Ladybug vs Randy Cunningham is way better than Ladybug executing Spider-Man.

Going through the seasons, the ones that could stand to come back are (not including rematches like Doom/Chief):

Spiderman, Captain America, Mewtwo, Bowser, Eggman, Tifa(?), Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Samus, Kratos, Dante, Spawn, Chun-Li, Deathstroke, Doomsday, Natsu, Zero, Shredder.

Apologies, wrong link. https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/predicting-and-ranking-possible-death.html
TMNT vs Street Sharks or Extreme Dinosaurs or just some other 4-person party exists.
Bomberman may perhaps come back.
Eggman vs Wily rematch as well as other matchups from each opponent.
Pikachu vs Jibanyan exists.

And more I will save for later.

But yeah count me in if someone wants to host our prediction blog. Just... Make sure we make our disclaimers that ideas are our own and does not represent VBW and Death Battle team and Rooster Teeth or the fiction copyright owners.

Darn it I am now growing in curiosity which matchups does Brandon Yates pick for the "testing five" and for the Christmas special.

Anyways, if y'all couldn't tell by how I won't shut up about it, I just beat Everhood yesterday and it's stuck with me. Here's a matchup.

Megalo_Revenge.jpg

Frog vs Sans
(Everhood vs Undertale)​
  • Both are met early in the game and are generally friendly towards the player.
  • Later on in the game, we see a depth that we hadn't seen before, showing that these two understand more then they let on
  • Both are secret superbosses in their respective games that you only fight when playing a certain way that's considered the opposite of the "Main" way (Undertale's Genocide Route and Everhood's Pacifist Route)​
  • Both act the way they do due to a knowledge of the existential existence the people of their worlds go through (Sans understanding alternate timelines and resets, while Frog understands just how much the people of Everhood suffer due to their inability to die)​
  • Both directly acknowledge the player, both by breaking the fourth wall on occasion and by understanding the nature of what they represent in-universe (The Anomaly and The Human)​
  • Ironically, one only fights you at full power when you kill almost everyone, while the other only fights you at full power when you kill no one.​
  • Both have a visual indication they're giving it their all (Sans' flashing eye and Frog's circle of guitars)​
  • Both's battle themes are a bop​

I was thinking, could Mordecai VS Scott Pilgrim work as a match.
Also for connects
Both are millennial losers in their 20s who haven't accomplished anything meaningful in their life and are terrible with women, despite this both are seen as capable of handeling themselves in the stranges events that go on in their world (which is based on 80+90 culture) though they as still seen as loosers.

I guess Shredder vs Ra's exists if they want Shredder back. I think Splinter vs Master Shifu prolly happens before, thanks to IF vs Po success.
Shredder vs which Ra? Like Shredder (1987) vs Ra's Al Ghul (Post-Crisis)?

Splinter vs Shifu sounds nice, just...... Does Splinter and Shifu have much to talk about in regard towards their abilities?

Perhaps Jindiao and Kai the Collector are more interesting Kung fu Panda representatives in terms of Death Battle.

Who is in the VBW version Death Battle prediction blog?
First, I am in.
Second, I may wish to introduce some matchups to kick off for that. Which fights do you want? And which poll sites do you use?
Third, who now are actually working on this?

But given Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen is less performing than expected... I do not think it is good to sacrifice Spider-Man to Ladybug when (a) Spider-Men battle royale is a thing, and (b) Ladybug vs Randy Cunningham exists and fans from all three sides believe Ladybug vs Randy Cunningham is way better than Ladybug executing Spider-Man
BatGwen was a result capeshit fatigue,being ass, and overall a Meh MU
I was thinking, could Mordecai VS Scott Pilgrim work as a match.
No
Mordecai mostly works better off in a team battle with Rigby than having his own episode

Mordecai isn't someone I say is worth his own episode on DB

It really boils down to What Mordecai and Rigby are given with there equipment
Their profile honestly needs a lot of work. Assuming they don't lose it in some later episode, they received an Invisibility Cloak in their Holiday special.

Using Mordecai and Rigby and restraining their equipment would probably be the worst way to go about using them, but I still am fairly confident in them pulling out a W if their high end feats are used overall.

Their profile honestly needs a lot of work. Assuming they don't lose it in some later episode, they received an Invisibility Cloak in their Holiday special.

Using Mordecai and Rigby and restraining their equipment would probably be the worst way to go about using them, but I still am fairly confident in them pulling out a W if their high end feats are used overall.
Mordecai and Rigs Hax are for more deadlier than Finn and Jakes Equipment
and Speed should be their favor thanks to the basketball episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back