• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick’s gonna lose the shit out of this whenever it happens
IMG_6970.webp
On a narrative level, I love the idea of the Doctor's optimistic nature triumphing over Rick's cynical nature.

Was referring to his DBX against Z Broly but yeah I forgot about that one haha, still gets dissed tho.

edit; always hated that brain theory they came up with in the Doomsday vid as a way of downplaying him, glad at least they ditched that in his 2nd coming
Z-Broly was OMM
IIRC Bayonetta kinda got done dirty in her analysis so who would be her runback?
Morrigan was her popular alternative and if DB feels like they could do that
It's a crime what VS Wiki is doing to DB man. Glad I stopped including myself in those discussions lol. My blood pressure can only take so much ignorance and stupidity.
I stop giving a shit Along time ago
I can't imagine what it must have been like during the Moon level Roshi arguments. Like, what more evidence do you want, he literally destroyed the moon.
Roshi shit was always an argument of lol outlier but over the years found the crap to be dumb and stupid especially when the series treat it as something he did multiple times when it happened

It's a crime what VS Wiki is doing to DB man. Glad I stopped including myself in those discussions lol. My blood pressure can only take so much ignorance and stupidity.
Dunno, dude, I wouldn't get bad blood over it I guess. Depending on where you go or who you ask the same characters can be on opposite extremes and the take on them all over the place.

I recall a couple of years ago the stance was pretty much mockery on DB using the site as reference of proper analysis and whatnot. Shows how much stuff can change in the run.

deinp94-60b0dfc6-ca4b-4780-9021-74e52b65bb6a.jpg
fzyme29ziuh61.jpg

yeah as far as Mu goes Dizzy and Bayonetta are/were her two most requested but idk they crew did mention intrest in bringing her on, but they didn't know who exactly would be good to bring her on

maxresdefault.jpg

would be cool to see but Whitebeard and Luffy and several others are more up there in requests

slayer-vs-demitri-3.png

would be cool Mu to reintroduce GG back on

Haggar vs Zangief revisited was released today. I myself haven't seen the episode in a long time and I think it holds up rather well for a season 1 episode. Though their reasoning behind their verdict (what's harder to wrestle -a shark or a bear) is flawed because a shark is more slippery to hold onto per their own admission. What's funny is that went WTF at Pedobear being thrown out the window in that part of the fight. A completely different era of the internet back then.

The match-up was not part of the original pitched season.

Next up is the TMNT Battle Royale which was a mistake per Ben.

Goku Black was major stepdown in comparison to his anime counterpart

Moro was fine at the beginning but he was Overall disappointment given he barley showed his so call magic and became a discount cell near the end of the arc

Overall I'm not impressed with the current State of Dragon Ball outside Super Hero and Broly being good flicks
Tbh DBS should've taken notes from The Clones Wars (by Dave Filoni) when it comes to a series where there's a set in stone plot conclusion meaning many of the main established cast have perfect plot armour and fixed personalities (End of Z and everything from Revenge of the Sith onwards).

With TCW the new characters eventually grew on you and you were invested in their stories plus unlike the main established cast you didn't know where or when their development would conclude (General Rex, Ashoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, etc) plus the show truly expands on how expansive a galaxy truly is with all the different civilisations across space and how each one is affected by the war.

Meanwhile DBS established a multiverse that's barely been touched on, Zalama the creator of Super Dragon Balls (whose never been shown or really talked about), a parallel Earth in U6 that was restored by the Super Dragon Balls (that has never been shown), U6 has Saiyans that are prosperous and plentiful yet Vegeta for some reason hasn't visited them yet (despite saying he will) and so many other wasted opportunities to expand on the world building to further make the newer characters likable instead we're stuck in U7 that seemingly gets smaller for a marcoverse with the newer villains that are just bland (Moro, Gas and Cell X are pretty much Garlic Jr level filler villains compared to Frieza, REAL Cell, Majin Buu or heck even Saiyan Saga Vegeta).

Overall you know it's subpar when I've read fanfics that do a better job at expanding DBS established lore than the official manga (which is ironic considering who Toriyama choose as his protege).

Also don't get me started how U7 almost got erased yet neither Beerus nor Shin have actually worked harder to improve U7.

Thinking on it, Satan vs Dan was considered autostomp, yet profiles indicate it's really close.
To be fair they didnt use for Dan many feats that were impressive like the sandbag thing or how all characters can destroy cars, the only thing they given him was how he struggles to toss a fighter over his shoulder

Also they made a big deal he was the only character in Z to face Cell and Buu, as well as not dying to them in battle

In short they made Dan be pathetic and more laughable as a fighter, while Mister Satan is just a comedic character but is legit strong for human standards, humans that dont use ki and the like

Like they downplay both and the reason they pick for Kirby winning is actually not convincing at all. Like if they bust out the black hole feats earlier arguments may already be more convincing (Void Termina self-destruction feat in Star Allies is unavailable at that point).
They already had Magolor's dimensional & universal stuff at this point which totally could have been used lol.
Also my goodness, this a heated fight at 4Chan lmao
Yeah, it's kind of hilarious. It started out as them generally believing Silver took it, then some Trunks fans started cropping up. Then one Bayo fan derailed the entire argument to try and argue Bayo was Tier 1 and Archie Sonic wasn't a multiversal franchise for several days. The progression on those threads is insane LOL.
Ain't Rick OP?
Rick is OP, sure, he's got some multiversal equipment.

The Doctor is massively, massively more OP, by a significant margin. One of the most secretly insane verses out there.

As an outsider it always seemed like Dragon Ball got off way easier than most other verses on this site, at least recently. Some verses I'm a part of takes a fight to even get them close to where they should be. DBS having such a huge community around it at least meant it was always guaranteed to get attention on its threads. I guess even DBS has it's issues in debating, though.

Huh, Tom is durable enough to survive absorbing enough electricity to obliterate a meteor

Tom can probably solo more verses than we'd like to admit now.
I thought that the Doctor could literally just be shot to death, I didn't realize he went up to like Complex Multiversal and shit.
Yeah, I'm not familiar with Dr Who myself but looking at his vs page was a ******* trip.

Welp, I purchased a FIRST subscription. Can't believe Trunks vs Silver is what finally made me cave in.
I lucked out and when I went to get a free trial so I could stream AdamApoc to my friends (the person who normally streams DBs for us was unavailable) I got one of those free 1 month subscriptions that randomly get handed out. Thankfully it means I can stream Silver v Trunks early as well ( :<

Alright Ladies n Gents we are being with one of the worst fights on the show

mewtwo_vs_shadow_by_grandbull_de6olj9-fullview.jpg

Thoughts&Overall: there's only on- **** it multiple videos that can sum up my thoughts on this fight

Yeah this fight was such a massive disappointment Ya coming in thinking "man im going to get a banger or something decent" no ya .
got this piece of shit instead
crappy shadow voice,Fight being unfinished, and nothing ******* happened in it overall outside Hurr Durr "why am I'm glowing joke "
i get the animator had a breakdown n whatever but that doesn't excuse the flowing
purposely sabotaging the fight, flipping off fans who wanted a good fight
not giving Ben the heads up so he could've delayed the fight or find another animator to do it

getting burned out happens to all of us, **** off for pulling that shit

I feel Ben could've delayed it until they found a suitable replacement or animated the fight himself the guy did do a couple in S1
this fight did no one favors. Shadow was treated like a joke in this fight further increased perception that the crew hated Shadow until recently and Mewtwo has to wait to find a suitable Alt outside of BWG to comeback given Tetsuo was already used

This is the biggest example of Gold on paper but was given the worst execution imaginable, shows no matter how good a Mu is it isn't immune to Animator fuckery
Easily among the Worst fights in the history of the show where the only good thing that came out of it was its track

its sucks cause i believe it was both Best Mu and was done ******* terribly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back