• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since ice element battle is being brought up, what kind of themed matches havent they done yet?

They havent done plant vs plant themed fights, cant remember such. Other elements like poison are rare too, Harley vs Jinx might be only poison themed MU by technicality. Theme can be more abstract like pirate vs ninjas as well which we technically got with Sanji vs Lee.

But are there good MUs for these missing MUs then as well?
For main elements, only plant and air themed matches seem to be left.
For abstract or other concept, Vampire VS Werewolf and Cats VS Dogs would be neat to see. Only examples I can think of are Edward Cullen VS Legoshi for the former (by technicality as Legoshi is an anthro wolf but fits the wolfman part) and Mr. Kat VS Mr. Pickles for the latter.

For main elements, only plant and air themed matches seem to be left.
For abstract or other concept, Vampire VS Werewolf and Cats VS Dogs would be neat to see. Only examples I can think of are Edward Cullen VS Legoshi for the former (by technicality as Legoshi is an anthro wolf but fits the wolfman part) and Mr. Kat VS Mr. Pickles for the latter.

mqdefault.jpg

If anyone wants to chip in ideas for the Mewthree/SSJ5 Goku fight, it isn't too late. Stuff I'm pretty sure I'll include in the final script include:

Goku's clones vs Mewthree's clones. Ends with a headbutt with sends out les shockwaves, destroying all the other clones.
Power Pole vs Spoon
Mewthree powering through the Hakai
Kamehameha vs Hyper Beam
Kaio Ken X Infinity, which Mewthree uses Psyche Up to copy
SSJ5 Goku w/ Ultra Instinct vs Mega Mewthree

Might also include:
Psycho Cut vs Spirit Sword
Mewthree grabbing and compressing a Spirit Bomb into a black hole
Dragon Fist vs Psydisaster
Dark Nova

Said this last time, but looking for ideas not just for the fight itself but also the setup and how the fight should end. I feel a fight like this can only end in a draw of some kind, so how should it be executed?

If anyone wants to chip in ideas for the Mewthree/SSJ5 Goku fight, it isn't too late. Stuff I'm pretty sure I'll include in the final script include:

Goku's clones vs Mewthree's clones. Ends with a headbutt with sends out les shockwaves, destroying all the other clones.
Power Pole vs Spoon
Mewthree powering through the Hakai
Kamehameha vs Hyper Beam
Kaio Ken X Infinity, which Mewthree uses Psyche Up to copy
SSJ5 Goku w/ Ultra Instinct vs Mega Mewthree

Might also include:
Psycho Cut vs Spirit Sword
Mewthree grabbing and compressing a Spirit Bomb into a black hole
Dragon Fist vs Psydisaster
Dark Nova

Said this last time, but looking for ideas not just for the fight itself but also the setup and how the fight should end. I feel a fight like this can only end in a draw of some kind, so how should it be executed?
Can SSJ5 Goku even use hakai? SSJ5 was created way before Super, so idk if the rumours surrounding it at that time would've had shit like this

Hey, what do you guys think of V for Vendetta vs Shishio Makoto as a DBX?
Neutral.

Anyone already talked with Aaron about how your music is being completed?

I am surprised Aaron has started on mine.
Meanwhile we shall wait for what Aaron would dish out for volume 2.1(2.2?)

And for Brandon Yates... here we are

Last edited:
Marvel Iceman / DC Captain Cold / DC Mr. Freeze vs Mega Man Ice Man
Marvel Iceman vs DC Captain Cold
DC Mr. Freeze (or Captain Cold for a bigger stomp) vs Arknights FrostNova

Any ice user may do, to a different degree of matching.

Just Captain Cold seems to be an even stronger Mr Freeze so here is the competition or differentiation - Captain Cold will fight against herald tiers while Mr Freeze will fight "street to city" tiers.
Best I can think of is Ghiaccio vs Captain Cold
Mind explaining? Sounds fresh an idea.

Okay so for Mr. Freeze (Post-Crisis) we have

And that Mr Freeze vs FrostNova would be loosely related to a rabbit as FrostNova loosely shows rabbit traits.

Can anyone think of a better matchup for Korra than Storm?

I mean, I did enjoy the episode, but I feel like it was another episode that has two characters DB ass pulls similarities between to make it seem like it's a very thematic matchup.

The Gru sweep is reeaaalll
Should we make a CRT? Or two CRTs? With calc blogs?

Jafar sweep coming up
Jafar may actually sweep.
Extended canon (those spinoff animation) says Jafar can just kill Maleficent in base form by summoning and concentrating storms and it is arguable Aladdin actually needs MFTL+ speed to shut down Genie Jafar into the lamp - or Genie Jafar is busy fighting Blue Genie so that Aladdin can take the chance - or in other incarnations Jafar is too stupid to realise that genies in Aladdin universe start off as sealed forms confined in a lamp

Can anyone think of a better matchup for Korra than Storm?

I mean, I did enjoy the episode, but I feel like it was another episode that has two characters DB ass pulls similarities between to make it seem like it's a very thematic matchup.
Korra has, aside from Storm (Marvel Comics):

Almost every deathbattle and g1 blog has something that would warrant a crt

Just compare our Avatar stats to their calcs
Some people are already criticising against those G1 bloggers for wanking on Gru. Gosh.

Seems too stompish tho

I prefer V vs Rorsach
V vs Rorsach - This for Death Battle.
V vs Shishio Makoto is for DBX.

Some people are already criticising against those G1 bloggers for wanking on Gru. Gosh.
Lets be real, a majority of the fandom knows jack shit of power scaling. Notice how people hate this wiki but have to rely on it since they dont know how to scale? or how people who know nothing of a certain character still wanks them? (a majority of alucard and alien X supporters haven't even watched their respective series lol)

That's... a surprisingly interesting matchup
I was thinking of it as either a mini rumble, a omm, or DBX because it can be interesting dialog wise and it having no research helps with the fact that it’s a stomp. I also thought Joshua Graham could be cool for both but I’m not sure how’d they get him to work in an animation.
Seems too stompish tho

I prefer V vs Rorsach
DBX has no research tho

You think DB will bring back characters like Bucky O'Hare or Dig Dug?
Nah
There Way too irrelevant

It's was miracle they got on in the first place mainly because Ben n Chad watched Bucky as kids and Dig Dug happen in early DB which focused mainly video games

Bucky was already an obscure character back Then

I feel FrostNova vs Mr. Freeze is too boring so i'm not supporting this idea lel
Okay so for Mr. Freeze (Post-Crisis) we have

And that Mr Freeze vs FrostNova would be loosely related to a rabbit as FrostNova loosely shows rabbit traits.
I'd like to explain Mr. Freeze VS FrostNova.

Something which makes me interested in the matchup is that they all have physiology which makes them generate coldness.
Their connections are:
Both gets altered physiology which causes their whole body adapted cold after contacting with dangerous substance. (Originium for FrostNova and cold-generation substances for Mr. Freeze) Both have cold-generation abilities as their main abilities and needs a substance to fuel their abilities. (Originium for FrostNova and Crystal for Mr. Freeze) Both body are cold enough to freeze anything who contacted their skin in some extent. Both are stated to be a master of their cold-generation abilities in their representative series. (FrostNova's full power is stated to be able to freeze all molecule while Mr. Freeze's science and technology are stated "as advanced as Apokilips or Lex Luthor’s") Both takes antagonist role but their motivation of being antagonists can be understood. (FrostNova joins the Reunion Movement and leads her army for surviving as an Infected, Mr. Freeze attempts to cure his wife) Both have a cold personality but they have shown their caring side.
By the way, Arknights VS Genshin Impact is interesting but it is too controversial in "alternative universe" and obscure in we versus debating community.

I've very recently fallen in love with V1 vs Neon White as a MU. Might start pushing for it soon, especially now that I know White has honest to god wincons and might actually AP stomp ******* somehow.

...Though I guess I should make a Neon White page here first, huh.

I'd like to explain Mr. Freeze VS FrostNova.

Something which makes me interested in the matchup is that they all have physiology which makes them generate coldness.
Their connections are:
  • Both gets altered physiology which causes their whole body adapted cold after contacting with dangerous substance. (Originium for FrostNova and cold-generation substances for Mr. Freeze)
  • Both have cold-generation abilities as their main abilities and needs a substance to fuel their abilities. (Originium for FrostNova and Crystal for Mr. Freeze)
  • Both body are cold enough to freeze anything who contacted their skin in some extent.
  • Both are stated to be a master of their cold-generation abilities in their representative series. (FrostNova's full power is stated to be able to freeze all molecule while Mr. Freeze's science and technology are stated "as advanced as Apokilips or Lex Luthor’s")
  • Both takes antagonist role but their motivation of being antagonists can be understood. (FrostNova joins the Reunion Movement and leads her army for surviving as an Infected, Mr. Freeze attempts to cure his wife)
  • Both have a cold personality but they have shown their caring side.
By the way, Arknights VS Genshin Impact is interesting but it is too controversial in "alternative universe" and obscure in we versus debating community.
Can potentially see FreezeNova be a matchup inheriting HarleyJinx and MagneTsuo.

BTW (sigh) Yostar and Mihoyo have been having both healthy and unhealthy competition for a while.

Seeing a few comments mourning over Megamind L just to be flooded by a lot of hurrays for Gru W
Looks like the tide has been turned around really quickly
(And that my observation has become a red herring)

Kingsly
not sure i'm convinced on the ionising radiation logic but it wouldn't really change much, the verdict makes sense
tfw matchup based around arsenal and intelligence comes down to a blitz and one shot

Hyperstarman
Gru underdog win is cool but megamind losing is massive cringe
I’ll read when I’m off work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back