• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard a lot about SMT inspiring PC-98. I would like to know more about it.

I saw SMT Alice's design and it doesn't look like any version of Alice. Touhou Alice looks more like Alice in wonderland Alice than SMT Alice.
And what is SMT Alice based upon?…. Wonderland Alice!

There’s a lot of SMT influence throughout MS specifically iirc and a few songs throughout the series such as Strawberry Crisis even reference / are inspired by specific SMT tracks, I’m pretty sure there’s a visual within one of the PC 98 games that’s lifted or traced right from SMT, and ZUN has even mentioned SMT a few times in interviews as well. It’s a pretty clear inspiration for the series, especially early on.

And why would we do that when they could only fight the Zeekeeper using Dreamy Luigi at max power in the Dream World?
Well, technically, Mario could tank hits from the Zeekeeper, and he beat his dreamy self while both being in base.

Also, Mario dodged attacks from the Zeekeeper until Dreamy Luigi stepped in.

So let's not act like this is the most absurd scaling on the face of the earth and plague the verse with outliers.

Well, technically, Mario could tank hits from the Zeekeeper, and he beat his dreamy self while both being in base.

Also, Mario dodged attacks from the Zeekeeper until Dreamy Luigi stepped in.

So let's not act like this is the most absurd scaling on the face of the earth and plague the verse with outliers.
By this logic Sonic scales to immeasurable speed in base for outrunning Titans on multiple occasions. Not to mention Mario avoiding attacks from him wouldn’t matter since iirc he doesn’t even have massive speed feats that would put him hugely above on that front, just AP/dura feats

It still is pretty ridiculous scaling, yeah. If you take it by the English translation’s level of power (which is different than Japanese) the Dream Stone would be wildly more powerful than anything else in the series, Dreamy Bowser’s fight would be either a massive outlier or anti feat.

Zeekeeper took a fusion of Dreamy Luigi & several Luiginoids to match. Absolutely not something that would somehow backscale to M&L, especially not since neither of them on their own did meaningful damage to Zeekeeper. Everything but Dreamy Bowser involving the Dream Stone or associated dream shenanigans required an amp or assistance of some sort, it’s a pretty huge discrepancy in power.

(And if you go with the Japanese translation for the power of the Dream Stone it’s vague as ****, it might not even be uni lol)

Paint.net is free and that's what I use for TNs.

Reimu vs Doomslayer is funny but Reimu doesn't really need a stat advantage to win I don't think. Too many hax as wincons.
thank you for the suggestion, Paint net seems to be a good alternative to Pixlr. Now I'll be able to make unlimited thumbnails.
FoUVy4NX0AAwtvC

By this logic Sonic scales to immeasurable speed in base for outrunning Titans on multiple occasions.
Based
It still is pretty ridiculous scaling, yeah. If you take it by the English translation’s level of power (which is different than Japanese) the Dream Stone would be wildly more powerful than anything else in the series, Dreamy Bowser’s fight would be either a massive outlier or anti feat.
Ridiculous scaling is DBH at outerversal this scaling is clear-cut and dry. Actually, if Mario & Luigi can fight the Zeekeeper then scaling to Dreamy Bowser would just be more consistent and not an anti-feat for Bowser.
Zeekeeper took a fusion of Dreamy Luigi & several Luiginoids to match. Absolutely not something that would somehow backscale to M&L, especially not since neither of them on their own did meaningful damage to Zeekeeper.
Mario can tank hits from Zeekeeper and Mario can assist Luigi in the Drill Stomp attack since it takes both of their power for it to be effective.
(And if you go with the Japanese translation for the power of the Dream Stone it’s vague as ****, it might not even be uni lol)
The Dream Stone could be Wall Level, and it still wouldn't change anything. The scaling would still be the same.

What??????
I am referring to my opinion on HyperShadic6500 bringing upthat matchup - that even Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi is better than Zoom vs Sakuya.
Sorry for the confusion.

On hope of matches, I wonder if they can manage to get more Invincible and mythology fights for next season. Good view results are nice, but if their season planning goes far ahead, they might have missed the chance for S10.
I believe they scanned through the matchups proposed for the Champion Poll 2022.

All are having potential for future episodes.
Oh Frieza gets 1.58 m tall when Megatron is roughly 11.6 m tall.
While Kirby stands 0.2 m, Fat Buu stands 1.83 m and Kid Buu stands 1.52 m.

Perhaps Frieza vs Megatron is not that big in size gap. But try putting that in sprites and be 100% faithful towards the height.

thank you for the suggestion, Paint net seems to be a good alternative to Pixlr. Now I'll be able to make unlimited thumbnails.
FoUVy4NX0AAwtvC
Glad that you like using Paint net.

I think I can use Paint net for something else.

Jetstream Sam. Versus. Sam Gideon.
Oh gosh we actually have a profile for Sam Gideon.

(Part marketing and part psychology: Do people generally tolerate a bigger stomp when a new franchise is being brought up?)

Kenshiro: 6b to 5c with ftl speed
Deku: at best 6c
Well, TBH FOTNS FTL speeds comes from "statements of people naming moves 'moving faster than shadows'" and "projectiles being stated as light" (but does not even states to move at light speed).

Like a ki ball is thrown, it is called a 'light energy ki ball' then it is called light.
Or I name my move 'no shadow kick' then have a pedestrian says 'oh this move moved faster than a shadow can cast'. These are typical fallacies.

This deserves a bump despite the simplicity of the 3D models.

Based

Ridiculous scaling is DBH at outerversal this scaling is clear-cut and dry. Actually, if Mario & Luigi can fight the Zeekeeper then scaling to Dreamy Bowser would just be more consistent and not an anti-feat for Bowser.

Mario can tank hits from Zeekeeper and Mario can assist Luigi in the Drill Stomp attack since it takes both of their power for it to be effective.

The Dream Stone could be Wall Level, and it still wouldn't change anything. The scaling would still be the same.
it’s nowhere near as cut and dry as ur making it, especially not when it makes a massive ******* circular scaling loop where unamped characters are somehow comparable to their massively amped selves when the characters are demonstrably shown within the narrative to need either help or amps to match said opponents. Mario never fights the Zeekeeper one on one and defeats him with his own power. He needs a giga amped fusion giant Dreamy Luigi to be able to do all the

if there was genuine proof of Mario 1v1ing Zeekeeper and doing significant damage and surviving attacks I’d be fine with the scaling, but making Luigi spin faster when he does an attack (Especially when this mega amped Luigi is the one delivering the brunt of the attack in the first place) or surviving getting knocked away by one blast isn’t going to fully scale Mario to him by any means.

If the Dream stone is wall level there’s no scaling to be had lmao. My point was the Japanese version varies pretty widely in how strong the Dream stone is, which would make Low Multi/Multi Mario not even attainable in the first place.

GridArt_20230206_173505233.jpg
getting a Vs piece between these two
You might wanna look into getting a different one.

Well, TBH FOTNS FTL speeds comes from "statements of people naming moves 'moving faster than shadows'" and "projectiles being stated as light" (but does not even states to move at light speed).

Like a ki ball is thrown, it is called a 'light energy ki ball' then it is called light.
Or I name my move 'no shadow kick' then have a pedestrian says 'oh this move moved faster than a shadow can cast'. These are typical fallacies.
I feel that you are a knowledgeable member of FOTNS. I don't know if the current FOTNS rating is accurate, but it seems that Jotaro still loses.
FoUVy4NX0AAwtvC
I have used Paint.net to do that too.
All are having potential for future episodes.
Oh Frieza gets 1.58 m tall when Megatron is roughly 11.6 m tall.
While Kirby stands 0.2 m, Fat Buu stands 1.83 m and Kid Buu stands 1.52 m.

Perhaps Frieza vs Megatron is not that big in size gap. But try putting that in sprites and be 100% faithful towards the height.
Death Battle has made Megaton VS Gundam before.

I feel that you are a knowledgeable member of FOTNS. I don't know if the current FOTNS rating is accurate, but it seems that Jotaro still loses.
Definitely Jotaro still dies. And Ken still has travel speed and range and area of effect to make sure Jotaro gets hit with a zankaiken and die. Oh Kenshiro can totally poke pressure points from afar with projectiles.

In fact being circled and poked is one typical wincon for Kenshiro so famous.

That (spoilery) track still rocks hell to date.

(That said, currently all three tracks for JJBA Death Battle episode fights are made by Therewolf Media)

Death Battle has made Megaton VS Gundam before.
That is Optimus Prime (11.6 m) vs RX-78-2 Gundam (18 m).

Oh we also have Dragonzord (38 m to 95 m) vs Mechagodzilla (60 m to 122 m).

Oh Wings of Iron and Draconic Robotics are produced by Therewolf Media back then.

Last edited:
Definitely Jotaro still dies. And Ken still has travel speed and range and area of effect to make sure Jotaro gets hit with a zankaiken and die. Oh Kenshiro can totally poke pressure points from afar with projectiles.
Since it is early Death Battle, both Jotaro and Kenshiro are nurfed somewhat.
(That said, currently all three tracks for JJBA Death Battle episode fights are made by Therewolf Media)
(And Therewolf Media is regarded by a person in alternative universe as "good at making Chinese style music")

I honestly haven't figured out a Pucci match that i consider my favorite. While he has Kirei, i prefer Alexander Anderson for Kirei. There is Shirou Kotomine but i don't really care much for him to really want the match. And as for Sakuya, i don't really have a match for her but that's due to me not having much knowledge in Touhou. Oh and Zolomon exists ig.
How about this: Pucci at his peak with MiH vs Kirei in his servant form

This is how 90% of Death Battle matchups sound and then you will have mfs saying it's the best for both.
FoTmmudX0AMXuN2
Okay but Puss VS Sam sounds kinda fun

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard Vegeta is scared of needles and Goku is scared of bugs, meaning they would be too frightened to hit Weedle. And Weedle's Bug/Poison typing takes 1/4 damage of any fighting-type move they would do though Weedle is too weak to take a hit anyways.

Okay but Puss VS Sam sounds kinda fun

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard Vegeta is scared of needles and Goku is scared of bugs, meaning they would be too frightened to hit Weedle. And Weedle's Bug/Poison typing takes 1/4 damage of any fighting-type move they would do though Weedle is too weak to take a hit anyways.
Goku is afraid of needles, Vegeta is afraid of worms
Tbf those were anime filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back