• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I kinda wanna see someone make an AMV of the BillCord track. Plenty of footage of both to use lol. Though hopefuly after we get the official lyrics, some of the lines (especially on Bill’s part) are a little hard to understand

"I wonder why they aren't doing a QnA! It doesn't make any sense! It totally deserves unpaid work despite our aggression!""

This is just a handful of comments I've noticed. It's bad here, lol.
Yes, yes, don't defend your stance, let me be unchallenged with my beliefs.
hands-rubbing.gif

I definitely appreciate the episode a lot more than I did upon first watching. Honestly my initial frustration was definitely a combo of this being the first episode in a long time o haven’t spoiled myself on the result of, so actually had the nail biting tension of watching an episode completely blind, as well as waking up at 8:30 to be ready for my most wanted matchup. I am not a morning person ;-; but ultimately even though my preferred lost it was a perfect sendoff, what better way for the Lord of Chaos to go out than by tricking a being that “sees infinite realities”, he certainly didn’t see that coming~. And if Bill does somehow manage to find a way back to Equestria, Discord will be waiting for him again for a rematch. If any DB team members haven’t been scared off by the unneeded hate, thank you sincerely for giving this match a chance after so many years of rumors of it never having a chance to happen. Looking forward to next time.

I saw it coming from a mile away tbh. I've seen this thread's attitude towards this matchup since before it was even in contention for the ballot, and I've seen the attitude leading up to it. After seeing the info laid out in G1^2 and the fact that I thought a Bill win was honestly pretty solid and very likely, and the ensuing reaction to said blog, I figured things would go bad, but 3 pages of vitriol in like a day is lol.

I dunno if this place has always been this bad or if the downwards spiral is reaching its peak, but I think I'm done here ya'll. I don't think I'll be popping in here all that much anymore, it's just getting to be generally too toxic and I'm not having much fun talking or debating with others here anymore lol.
Ehh, still disagree with the blogs reasoning for most of it, since they were trying way to hard to prove those dimensions were 11D they accidentally proved they didn't have qualitative superiority along with the discord debunks not being very good. However, 5D was fine tbh though, That was solid. But discord also has 5D arguments. Kinda predicted a/p would be equal

Also a LOT of you are overreacting ngl, ohhhhh They thought bill is stronger than you think ohhhhh, its going destroy this planet :eek::eek::eek:. I can understand thinking the episode is wrong but your acting like its the end of the world

12 hours to go

i do think they should do a Q&A for their most controversial episodes regardless of toxicity and ignorance of the audience. This is like the 4th super controversial episode of the season, where DB goes with an entire different direction from the community's consensus. If the episodes don't provide a convincing case for the victor, then the detractors and debunks can go on unopposed and tear the episodes apart, which reduces the community's trust in the show.

also while it's still just a silly internet show, it's the only show out there that does researched who-would-win crossovers with an animation to go with it, so of course it's going to make certain people mad that the preferred or "correct winner" character loses, because now it's going to be shared to at least a million people.

12 hours to go

i do think they should do a Q&A for their most controversial episodes regardless of toxicity and ignorance of the audience. This is like the 4th super controversial episode of the season, where DB goes with an entire different direction from the community's consensus. If the episodes don't provide a convincing case for the victor, then the detractors and debunks can go on unopposed and tear the episodes apart, which reduces the community's trust in the show.

QnA's are done out of fun, not out of necessity, would it have been nice? Yes but they aren't required and the times they actually do a Qna is purely just for their enjoyment

Well in light of this I'll ask again.

If you believed for X win but DB had Y win, has DB ever in such scenario convinced you with their research? Clearly outside of BillDiscord.

12 hours to go

also while it's still just a silly internet show, it's the only show out there that does researched who-would-win crossovers with an animation to go with it, so of course it's going to make certain people mad that the preferred or "correct winner" character loses, because now it's going to be shared to at least a million people.

This mentality most likely is gonna result in people getting less engagment from the researchers, not more.

Everything that goes up on my blogspot is something we made and placed there on our own free time. The suggested media, and QnAs are not made or gathered for the show. They are not "technically" associated with the show or obligated to be made by us in our contracts because of that. I personally don't mind making QnAs, but people are getting increasingly confrontational in regards to feeling "entitled" to them. They where never something anyone was garunteed to get for any given episode.

The fact is a lot of the researchers arn't going to want to do extra work when people are toxic, tin foiling, and trying to pycho-analyze everything they say in bad faith. I would even go as far to as to say that I would not be surprised if most of them stopped answering questions altogether, because people have been so wierd about it lately.

Last edited:
Well in light of this I'll ask again.

If you believed for X win but DB had Y win, has DB ever in such scenario convinced you with their research? Clearly outside of BillDiscord.
Not really because usually when I disagree with death battle it's because they miss some fundemental element that would tip the scales in the other way, like Aizen logically being able to resist EE and still having the Hōgyoku despite what Death Battle implied.

In fact, the animation favors Discord so much (probably to quell the outrage), to the point where he gets the last laugh and foils Bill's plan.

If that's not favoring Discord to bring some cope to his L, then I don't know what is.
True. Discord really died a Makoto Yuki level hero in saving Equestria.

The major outrage comes from the verdict and post fight analysis I must say. A serious one that needs a QnA blog and even a Cast QnA to at least explain the mind in the management team and research team.

Imma be honest if Darkrai happens at all, it's either getting Luna or Antasma. I know it has other MUs but those are just the way more popular ones and they're kind of debatable depending on what you buy, cause trust me MLP, Mario, and Pokemon vary wildly across the vs scene in power levels lol

Antasma is probably the more obscure character between him and Luna but I also for some reason feel like they'd go with him over her cause I think MLP might be done now.

Imma be honest if Darkrai happens at all, it's either getting Luna or Antasma. I know it has other MUs but those are just the way more popular ones and they're kind of debatable depending on what you buy, cause trust me MLP, Mario, and Pokemon vary wildly across the vs scene in power levels lol

Antasma is probably the more obscure character between him and Luna but I also for some reason feel like they'd go with him over her cause I think MLP might be done now.
I don't want to be that guy and say "but I heard the crew say" kind of stuff (speaking of which if any of y'all see this apologies if this is misinfo and thanks for a fun episode!), but I've heard that if this one does well, they're open to tackling MLP again at some point.

Don't take that as some 100% truth though.

This mentality most likely is gonna result in people getting less engagment from the researchers, not more.

Everything that goes up on my blogspot is something we made and placed there on our own free time. The suggested media, and QnAs are not made or gathered for the show. They are not "technically" associated with the show or obligated to be made by us in our contracts because of that. I personally don't mind making QnAs, but people are getting increasingly confrontational in regards to feeling "entitled" to them. They where never something anyone was garunteed to get for any given episode.

The fact is a lot of the researchers arn't going to want to do extra work when people are toxic, tin foiling, and trying to pycho-analyze everything they say in bad faith. I would even go as far to as to say that I would not be surprised if most of them stopped answering questions altogether, because people have been so wierd about it lately.
I call this a vicious cycle - researchers blooped in making the episode, the audience were dissatisfied with some rioting in irrational manners, researchers are discouraged from spending extra due effort, the quality drops, the audience went away and spreading bad mouth, the cycle continues and rhymes event across event.

I will always pull for Darkrai vs Reala if not Freddy, DB could use a return to roots with esoteric video game characters

I don't want to be that guy and say "but I heard the crew say" kind of stuff (speaking of which if any of y'all see this apologies if this is misinfo and thanks for a fun episode!), but I've heard that if this one does well, they're open to tackling MLP again at some point.

Don't take that as some 100% truth though.
I wouldn’t trust hearsay anymore, I thought the same thing about Killua vs Misaka not happening, then it did. Also don’t think people who are on the team who see you say that appreciate it

I call this a vicious cycle - researchers blooped in making the episode, the audience were dissatisfied with some rioting in irrational manners, researchers are discouraged from spending extra due effort, the quality drops, the audience went away and spreading bad mouth, the cycle continues and rhymes event across event.
Eh I don't really think I would see it like that. It's mostly just in terms of how much people communicate.

Like in all honesty the researchers that are the least bothered by people are the ones who never talk in public and never spend time with the community. The quality of thier work is the same as the rest of the team, but barley anyone knows who they are and that makes them fly under the radar even if they work on eps that make people angry. Once people know who you are, people can get way more fixated on you for trivial reasons.

???

There is no world where Bill was dominating that animation you can't just make up problems like that
In fact, the animation favors Discord so much (probably to quell the outrage), to the point where he gets the last laugh and foils Bill's plan.

If that's not favoring Discord to bring some cope to his L, then I don't know what is.

First, the horribly wrong verdict.
Second, Discord is hammered by Bill, repeatedly punched by Bill, throttled by Bill, repeatedly punched by Bill, kicked away by Bill, crushed by Bill's summoning, soul crushed by Bill, while unable to do anything.

A horrible wrong verdict makes all Discord's "sacrifice" completely laughable because Discord is supposed to casually destroy Bill, but in the animation Discord is the one who is destroyed thanks to the wrong verdict. It is like the death of Orga Itsuka meme but with causal audiences not knowing that Discord is the one who are more likely to win. In short, Discord loses to the match he shouldn't lose.

My bigger issue is that this is going to make Bill wank much worse with normies. Like now they have something to point to vindicate themselves when think Bill is some top tier inderdimensional monster. Basically the inverse of what happened with Homelander.
I agree with Tots_Real's this opinion. From now on, Discord will be beat by Bill in the heart of the normies. And that's because of Death Battle. The result will be enshrined and Discord will be disregarded.

By the way, are there good animations where Discord beats Bill?

Sans VS The Judge miiight have a negative reaction because Sans is the massively more well-known and beloved character but I think it's pretty easy to justify him losing even for casuals. He's known to be this super powerful glass cannon so basically saying the opponent can tag him and that his OP shit comes from hax rather than AP should be easy enough to swallow.

Back