• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Revisions (Puss In Boots: The Last Wish)

That isn't an assumption, it is a byproduct of his nature. To deny that is to deny him being death, which you can't because he is and we already know that. This is a silly argument.

His nature also means he's existed however long life has existed in the overall Shrek universe.

The thing I don't get is that you're acting as if he isn't what he is. He is quite literally the embodiment of the concept of death. That, by default, makes him immortal at least in the sense of eternal life. You're treating him as a purely physical living being just named Death and not literally the idea of death made manifest, which he is.
How do you know that being unable to die via age is a by-product of his nature? Once again, this is an assumption lmfao

I am here only to say that his AE1 is bullshit. Nowhere in the movie he's portrayed as an untouchable thing, despite being physically Death, he is still, well, physical. AE1 is waaaaay too much of a reach, and should be AE2 at best, unless Puss has a busted NPI out of nowhere.

How do you know that being unable to die via age is a by-product of his nature? Once again, this is an assumption lmfao
Because the manifestation of the Death phenomenon dying of old age makes no sense. Because that would mean at some point Death wouldn't exist which means everyone becomes immortal, which is way more nonsensical

Because existing as the manifestation of an eternal concept is grounds for never being able to die of natural causes. You'd literally, unironically be saying that the concept of death can die from old age. On the contrary, you would need to provide evidence for this audacious claim (evidence that he doesn't quite literally represent death I mean), the burden of proof does not apply to me in this instance.

Because the manifestation of the Death phenomenon dying of old age makes no sense. Because that would mean at some point Death wouldn't exist which means everyone becomes immortal, which is way more nonsensical
The concept of Death would exist with or without the wolf, he ain't AE1, he's AE2, which basically means that while he is tied to the concept, the concept does not require him to exist.

Because existing as the manifestation of an eternal concept is grounds for never being able to die of natural causes. You'd literally, unironically be saying that the concept of death can die from old age. On the contrary, you would need to provide evidence for this audacious claim (evidence that he doesn't quite literally represent death I mean), the burden of proof does not apply to me in this instance.
Same thing unironically applies to you
The concept of Death would exist with or without the wolf, he ain't AE1, he's AE2, which basically means that while he is tied to the concept, the concept does not require him to exist.

Same thing unironically applies to you
"Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it."

Unless death is destroyed, Death can't die of normal means. Type 2 definition literally supports this.

I don't get why it's hard to grasp.

"And I don't mean it metaphorically, rhetorically, poetically, theoretically, or in any other fancy way. I'm Death. Straight. Up."

Death ain't gonna die from old age in his rocking chair.

How exactly? He's literally the concept in physical form. He wasn't stated to be some avatar of something incorporeal
ImmortalDread explained it better then I could.

But the difference is that when the physical form goes down the overall concept wouldn't be effected all that much.
"Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it."

Unless death is destroyed, Death can't die of normal means. Type 2 definition literally supports this.
And none of the description grants type 1 immortality, that's moreso type 8. And it's redundant.

ImmortalDread explained it better then I could.

But the difference is that when the physical form goes down the overall concept wouldn't be effected all that much.

And none of the description grants type 1 immortality, that's moreso type 8. And it's redundant.
The entire point is that if the concept exists, Death will exist. But yes sounds like an assumption that the literal concept of death won't get senile and die in his 100,000's from old age. Anyways gotta go to work 👋

It would not because he states that he isnt death in any metaphorical sense, he is just death straight up. That is immortality unless you attempt some mental gymnastics to refute it

...concepts don't age. He's Death. He's the physical embodiment of the concept of Death itself. He wouldn't be constrained by Death because he IS death.

Also, the hell does him being the embodiment of Death change? The difference is in one he has a body. I don't see how this proves literally anything. It doesn't make him NOT Death.

Guys, stop creating assumptions and theories. I still need evidence of this:

This is clearly a personal interpretation for sure, there is no evidence for this.
Him LITERALLY being death IS the evidence. "I am death" means things. It means he's literally the concept of Death, and he would get the immortalities and such that being a concept gives.

This is what the other proposition is arguing for: "I am (concept), but I am constrained by (concept that he is) and will die of old age in a few billion years, or if someone hits me over the head a bit too hard with a stick".

The only way the other side of this argument works is if there's some proof that the Wolf isn't literally Death, like he says he is. Show proof of that, and you'll win. Otherwise, this argument is pointless.

Where is the evidence of the quoted statement in my post?
You stated it is a personal interpretation; it is not, as death himself states this. It would be a personal interpretation had he not went into detail about how he is actually death in physical form, leaving room for people to theorize, but that simply isn't the case here.

You stated it is a personal interpretation; it is not, as death himself states this. It would be a personal interpretation had he not went into detail about how he is actually death in physical form, leaving room for people to theorize, but that simply isn't the case here.
He said "as long as my concept of death exists, I won't die?"

To make my stance clear, I am arguing over immortality type 8/AE type 2 that covers the immortality.

If it is not personal assumption, then I am likely requesting an evidence.

He is death.
You would need to get rid of Death for him to die.
Death is a concept

This is a very simple logic to follow.
No he is not AE type 1. He is death but still in physical form which gives him AE type 2.

Now going with this, from where is immortality type 1 coming from? Type 8 from which statement?

Back