• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Revisions (Puss In Boots: The Last Wish)

There is a big reason why we removed type 3 AE because there are characters who identified themselves as a concept/abstraction without even regeneration/immortality benefit.

True, kindred in league of legends is literally "death" and got one spotted by a a random Rammus in lore. Oh ya, death can die indeed

@TheMonkeMan
image0.png

Oh wow, a verse did something illogical. We should apply what this one specific verse did to literally all verses.
You mean a fiction that is always illogical did something in its nature.

No we should not apply it to every verse but we are not required to do assumptions because it is not logical for you personally.

The immortality type 8 and 1 should be removed.

Agree with OP.
For Abstract Existence :
Death said it was his concept of death. This is definitely a Abstract Existence. Death never showed feats such as resurrection/regeneration required to have Type 2 in the movie. Likely "Wolf" is the physical avatar of the concept of Death . Physical appearance in the movie can be explained in this way. Likely Abstract Existence Type 1 is fine.
Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.

Went ahead and just removed SI, Perception Manipulation, and Fear Manipulation as per the OP.

I think Immortality is fine because concepts don’t age. Though Type 1 AE is complete bullshit, Death is clearly a physical entity.

Agree with OP.
For Abstract Existence :
Death said it was his concept of death. This is definitely a Abstract Existence. Death never showed feats such as resurrection/regeneration required to have Type 2 in the movie. Likely "Wolf" is the physical avatar of the concept of Death . Physical appearance in the movie can be explained in this way. Likely Abstract Existence Type 1 is fine.
Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.
Type 1 and physical????? Dude wtf

This is not clarification. This is insufficient. You are required to give an evidence for his immortality and not his damn nature or physiology
Immortality comes from the very nature of death. Death is an eternal concept and is just the end of life. He is literally the embodiment of the concept of death. Assuming Death will age and die (permanently) is beyond illogical because this isn't something logical. You can't kill the phenomenon itself (unless you delete the very concept of death), and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that

If you really think that at some point, Death will die and as such everyone living will become literally immortal makes any sense to you then I got nothing to say to you

It's not my fault you don't understand that

Why would a physical entity that embodies death won't die? He is still physical regardless of his embodiment.

This is not a reason to give him immortality type 1. Also, this comes from your own personal interpretation where a verse itself never imply it or even state it. This needs to be removed.

You mean a fiction that is always illogical did something in its nature.
No, I mean a fictional verse that did something illogical.
No we should not apply it to every verse but we are not required to do assumptions because it is not logical for you personally.
But it's just straight up not logical. It's not just me.
The immortality type 8 and 1 should be removed.
Well, if this is the caliber of arguments we're making now, here's my rebuttal:

No.

Why would a physical entity that embodies death won't die? He is still physical regardless of his embodiment.
Physical Embodiment of a CONCEPT.
This is not a reason to give him immortality type 1. Also, this comes from your own personal interpretation where a verse itself never imply it or even state it. This needs to be removed.
It is. Verse says something which this logically leads to. And no, it doesn't.

Why would a physical entity that embodies death won't die?
Because Death dying is completely illogical for reason I stated many times before???
He is still physical regardless of his embodiment.
And? How is that relevant? Doesn't matter physical or not, he's literally the concept of Death, and concepts don't age or die
Also, this comes from your own personal interpretation where a verse itself never imply it or even state it.
1) He literally states in verse to be Death. As in the phenomenon itself, straight up
2) No??? It's literally logic. Death dying makes no logical sense
This needs to be removed.
Sure. When 1+1=3 will be true it'll happen

No, I mean a fictional verse that did something illogical.
Every fiction is illogical if it has supernatural abilities. What is this argument right now
But it's just straight up not logical. It's not just me.
Oh ya, applying what is logical and illogical is not a discussion here. We are discussing if there is a statement or evidence which is not available here.

Because Death dying is completely illogical for reason I stated many times before???
None cares if it is logical or not. Oh ya, I wonder why he could not kill cat immediately in matter of seconds if he is real death.

Dont talk about logic when we are debating on an illogical fictional work.
And? How is that relevant? Doesn't matter physical or not, he's literally the concept of Death, and concepts don't age or die
Because he has a body that can die from aging. You need to give evidence that he is independent of the body itself. And I need evidence, not your interpretation
1) He literally states in verse to be Death. As in the phenomenon itself, straight up
He is not AE type 1, so none cares what he said.
2) No??? It's literally logic. Death dying makes no logical sense
Death and has a body, oh ya. Talking about logic here.

We are going in circles, send an evidence for immortality type 1 or remove it.

Every fiction is illogical if it has supernatural abilities. What is this argument right now
There's logic to supernatural things... Unrealistic doesn't equal illogical. This is a stupid argument.
Oh ya, applying what is logical and illogical is not a discussion here. We are discussing if there is a statement or evidence which is not available here.
It is very much so a discussion, and your side is the illogical side (as decided by the people saying you're illogical in the thread). The statement saying he is literal death is evidence in of itself. He is a concept, and concepts have inherent things to them.

All this circular arguments and yet no one brought a single evidence that wolf who is a psychical entity that embodies a concept being immortal that can't age or does not die as long as a concept of death exists.

Like not a single evidence as far. All this arguments about logic and common sense that has no grounds.

"A concept can't die" - oh ya, mind quoting which standards from vsbw states this?

Lemme shut the shit down real quick.
First of all, Death fearlessly and effortlessly walked through a magic barrier which was about to murder/erase Baby Bear and DID erase Jack's henchman. He is thus resistant to Death Manip ( or possibly EE but I'm not sure if the barrier erases people once the person is fully consumed by it so... ). Stop saying he can die, that is an asinine not-even-headcanon lie contradicted by the movie.
And yeah, Death was just playing with Puss because he's sadistic against arrogant fools like Puss. He even says:
¿Por qué diablos fui a jugar con mi comida?
= Why the hell did I play with my food?
Please, ******* stop with all the strawman arguments and blatant lies, just try to find a way to watch the movie if you're so committed to opposing our CRTs.

Back