• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Star Vs. Xyston Fleet (Cost, Material, and Energy)

Catalyst75

The longest serving member
https://sites.wustl.edu/fictionomics/2017/11/29/starkiller-base-cost/

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/15...-wars-death-star-would-actually-cost-to-build

The above link to be used as a reference. Including overall energy output, I thought it would be fun to discuss how much each super-weapon would cost in material and energy production compared to each other. The above links directly compare the Death Stars and Starkiller Base, but we don't have anything for the Xyston fleet.

I'll start off:

Talking about raw material, I think the Empire could have built over a million Star Destroyers (at minimum) with all the material they used to build each Death Star. Its diameter alone is equal to a hundred Star Destroyers lined up with each other. We all know how volume and area scale - Square/Cube Law means that multiplying something's the length/diameter/height by 100 would mean its volume is increased by 1,000,000 times. Given a Star Destroyer doesn't share the same dimensions as the Death Star, that could mean that even more than a million Star Destroyers could be made with the material of the Death Star.

Meanwhile, the Xystons are a direct scale-up of the Imperial Star Destroyer frame - 1.5 times the size, which would be a 3.35 x increase in overall volume and mass (I think). Based on that, I'd say the fleet of 1,080 Xystons would conceivably cost less than 1% the price of a single Death Star.

The site has a calculation for the destructive power of a single shot from the Death Star, so we know how much energy the Death Star super-laser produces at full-power: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ByAsura/Death_Star_Upgrade_-_Star_Wars

To compare, it is safe to say that a Xyston-class Star Destroyer's axial super-laser would at minimum exceed a planet's gravitational binding energy after its firing sequence. The energy difference between GBE of an Earth-sized planet and the Death Star super lasers power output is six orders of magnitude - over twenty-thousand times the GBE, to be specific.

To put it simply, the entire armada would still wind up vastly cheaper than a single Death Star, both in terms of the material required to build them all, and about 10% the energy production necessary for all their super-lasers combined (individually, many orders of magnitudes less energy, both for the weapon and essential systems).

I.e. The material the Empire put into both the Death Stars could have been used to build at least ten times the number of Xystons stated to be in "Rise of Skywalker".

I don't have exact numbers, but what do you all think? Am I in the ball-park, or did I miss a crucial element?

Speaking of the Xyston, has anyone started on a profile for them yet?

No since the planet was smaller but likely much desner it would be at least multiple continent level at the very least likely moon level. Starc War Turbolaser and Ion Cannon Upogrades should in inline with the superheavy composite beam turbolasers or particle cannons found on the longer class if directly powered by the main reactor itself. The Resurgent should be at least the power being likey better built and not having the superlaser as well has bigger a little bit bigger. Her main line weapons should be at the very least low teraton range and likely much higher. They had tens of thousands of such starships in the fleet. Death star is 160 kilometers wide and the Xyston is around 66 cubed smaller so increase it with the better technology. Ion Cannons Should be at least large mountain or even large island level. They would need to batter planetary grade shilding arrays of planets themselves.

Kijimi's diameter is 9,874 kilometers. That's still the size of a planet.

Yeah it would be much denser than earth because it can support human like life. It is bigger than mars I think. Large planet level because it annihilated it in 15 seconds. Would that mean multiple continent level for turbolasers and at least country level for ion cannons. And large mountain level for point defence weapon systems .

Novel says tens of thousands, but the team working on the film said 1080 Star Destroyers

they might 1080 of them in the movie but since you people go with the novels most of time with the claimed multiple teraton gigaton megaton turbolsers. Witch on screen aren't were near that powerful and would be in the sub kiloton yield witch also makes zero sense. Because than nuclear weapons would be orders of magnitude more powerful.

Back