• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 10

In this way nothing is gonna be solved, him closing threads and talking rude and with hate on the series will just add fuel to the fire, some people already lost trust and respect on him cuz of that

If he really is, properly mention it to other staff. Matt has been accused of his behavior before, and he has been talked to about it. Just don't make an immense fuse about it.

This is debating about fictional characters at the end of the day, frustrating people and yourself over it leaves no one winning.

Look, I am extremely tired and don't have the time and energy to properly evaluate this. All that I am saying is that I am used to waiting for years for revisions, so a few weeks did not seem so bad to get this done.

I think you're on the wrong thread.

And you shouldn't overwork yourself, leave some of the work to the other mods.

I think ant has a point because if we try and do this now it will just end with everyone at each other's throats

We could use this time to back up are arguments and give back counter arguments for Matt's

It was in response to the comments about me and Matthew. I will leave now though.

Problem is Matthew hasn't given any counter arguments, or addressed any of the arguments presented. All he said was "no you're wrong", which isn't helpful at all.

Then you simply disregard him and call other admins, trying to see if they agree or disagree. Admins are important, but his opinion isn't gonna be more relevant if other trusted people see the arguments and agree.

Again, go about this intelligently.

No admin is going to disagree with Matthew, unless someone with a different colored name already agrees with this. So you see the paradox.

Then you haven't been around very long Og, because that happens quite a lot. Actually think about the fact that the admins maybe have a mind of their own and they simply agree with Matt, not that he's the master and lord of this site and nobody can go against his will.

That kind of mindset is what causes more stress for everyone involved.

I don't wanna get too involve but it seems you guys have a lot of problems with this guy from what I seen in the lastest posts

UltimateFlare said:
I don't wanna get too involve but it seems you guys have a lot of problems with this guy from what I seen in the lastest posts
A lot of people do, actually. On- and off-site.

Most of the time it's not that they agree with Matt, alotta the times they just take his word for it because he does admittedly a great job when it comes to other verses.

That's actually true, I'm relatively still new here, only became an active member sometime at the end of last year. Just saying from everything I've seen so far.

And I, at least, don't have anything against Matthew. I rather like him.

He does need to curve how he approaches things, he's been called out for it before after all. But it's not wrong that he's a very busy and sometimes stressed person.

Even if no one is as stressed as Ant, God bless him.

Tony di bugalu said:
I don't feel nothing about Matt or how the wikia handles DMC, in fact I find it not worth the effort, what I find completely stupid is the idea of one thread being halted for weeks just because one admin disagrees with the post.
Basically a middle finger to all that worked and talked about those things there in hope for something good

In short, yes.

Also, the thread got reopened, like the last I'm not going to participate until a consensus has been reached.

Since someone mentioned how Sparda scales to dante, dante was stated in DMC2 to be surpassed. Sparda split his power into three which came about the 3 swords. But we dont know the exact number of the distribution. The fact that in the library it was stated sparda has great divine power within. So it's most likely that sparda is way over than just 1/3. In the prologue, when dante used sparda he couldnt overcome urizen. In DMC3 the description that was made towards sparda is about ig has magic of sparda with hidden potential. So those WHO are righteous to hold the sword and use it can utilize the full strength and gets a boost from the sword. Dante in his DT who far surpasses the demon kings in just his base along wity his DT being boosted by sparda was no help towards urizen at all. The only scaling we have is rhat Sparda defeated mundus which we dont know the gap between them. Not only that sparda was a right hand man of mundus, if mundus knew how strong sparda was he wouldve never made him his riggt hand.

I just wanted to clarify something about the knowledgeable members when it comes to the CRT. Back when Matthew had not responded for weeks and it seemed like he wouldn't respond at all, I contacted every other person on the DMC knowledgeable members list to get their opinions. So far, the only one to have not responded was CrimsonStarFallen. Apart from him and Matthew (obviously) every single other Knowledgeable Member has agreed with the CRT.

Quick question, are Dante's cameo appearances in other franchises canon? Say in Shin Megami Tensei and Viewtiful Joe. Any relevant feats there?

DarkGrath said:
I just wanted to clarify something about the knowledgeable members when it comes to the CRT. Back when Matthew had not responded for weeks and it seemed like he wouldn't respond at all, I contacted every other person on the DMC knowledgeable members list to get their opinions. So far, the only one to have not responded was CrimsonStarFallen. Apart from him and Matthew (obviously) every single other Knowledgeable Member has agreed with the CRT.
If literally all knowledgeable members on DMC gave green light, then Matt literally has no right at this point to say no, when he did the downgrade, there were more in favor of the downgrade back then and its reached an end

I see thanks, I've no knowledge of the other games, just stumbled on a wiki page of Dante's sword Alastor, and saw in the page that they both appeared in said games and got curious.

Back