• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

This has been bothering me for a while, if Nero is 19 in DMC4 and 5 takes place 5-6 years after 4 why is Nero only 22-23? Are we saying Nero was 16 in DMC4?

Interesting thing i see this in french translations games fondation de l'Univers fondation of the universe

Though, either way, this is a hyperbolic enemy file from Nico, an average human with some knowledge in demonology. No reason to use it to either disprove or prove anything about Urizen.

Eh, it could give a level of clarity, and she has been extremely accurate beforehand with lesser demons. She clearly knows at least a bit of her stuff, although she is certainly hyperbolic.

Regardless, it would be intresting to see what the original japanese said.

Can we please stop this "Oh it's just Nico report" nonsense? I don't care about whatever this line meant universe or not, but those are actual characters profile written by the game creators themselves and just made them into glorified profiles.

If we wanna be real, there is MANY stuff Nico should not know about that are written in those reports in the first place.

Also on the subject of V's durability, I'm going to actually measure out and calc it rather than eye measure like I did last time. Hopefully I don't have too much of a challenge.

Any tips for the measuring process?

Alright, so, you can just barely make out the top of the hole in the cutscene, but in gameplay, you can't move the camera far enough to view it.

Devil May Cry 5 (2)
But here's V next to a wall for any measurements I make using said wall. V is slouching here, so his height is slightly lower than 190 cm like we theorized. I'm going to put him at around 180-175cm in this photo, estimating. If anyone can measure his height here more accurately then it'd be appreciated.

And here's as close as I could get to the
Top of the hole to ya
Note the rocks at the right, and how they measured up to V's height.

top of the hole with the in game camera. Not the fragemented stone at the edge of the hole, which is what I had V stand next to in my last screenshot.
So, we're gonna have to play this a bit roughly, but I'm certain we can get a good metric or measurement. I couldn't screen shot the cutscene, but I'll look for a clear image of that.

ZERO7772 said:
Can we please stop this "Oh it's just Nico report" nonsense? I don't care about whatever this line meant universe or not, but those are actual characters profile written by the game creators themselves and just made them into glorified profiles.
Statements

Nico has absolutely no way of verifying that Urizen can do that. She literally just made this shit up out of nowhere in order to sound impressive. And it isn't necessary either way because Urizen is obviouly stronger than that.

There is a difference between Nico reporting something that experts on demons in the verse could actually be expected to know in-universe, such as, say, that some demons are capable of destroying buildings because such a thing could have actually happenedin the verse, and Nico making up random unknowable fluff on Urizen's power that she can't possibly know literally just after his appearance.

If this were a Narrator Statement or Word of God, that'd be something else

They seem gallery material, but ngl DMC 1 Dante there looks better than the actual pics we got for OG DMC 1 Dante

Statements

Nico has absolutely no way of verifying that Urizen can do that. She literally just made this shit up out of nowhere in order to sound impressive. And it isn't necessary either way because Urizen is obviouly stronger than that.

There is a difference between Nico reporting something that experts on demons in the verse could actually be expected to know in-universe, such as, say, that some demons are capable of destroying buildings because such a thing could have actually happenedin the verse, and Nico making up random unknowable fluff on Urizen's power that she can't possibly know literally just after his appearance.

If this were a Narrator Statement or Word of God, that'd be something else

Again I am saying Nico reports are just gloriefed profiles and they can be consdired a reliable source. You are basically saying the whole freaking gallery within the actual game is not a reliable source, so we need Itsuno to come out and confirm every little deatil because "Nico knows nothing"?

I really don't care the universe thing, you could consider it a folwery language for all I care tbh.

This measurement thing is a pain in the ass. There's no clear angle or way to tell just how large the fall is, but it is clear that it would probably kill or at least heavily injure and cripple a normal human.

KnightOfSunlight said:
This measurement thing is a pain in the ass. There's no clear angle or way to tell just how large the fall is, but it is clear that it would probably kill or at least heavily injure and cripple a normal human.
Yeah, I figured this would become a problem. I think the best course of action would be to just get a very rough estimate and, depending on the calc from that, state that V is "Likely *insert tier here*"

So "At least Average Human, likely Street Level". Because the current calc I have from the last thread is nearly 15 kilojoules. Even half that puts him squarely in the Street Level durability ranges.

If even half of a conservative estimate would still put him at street level, I think that's actually just a good tier to put him at. Can we get more input on this? Should V be street level in durability?

I was watching japanese DMCV and jeez is Dante's voice deep, or at least not what I expected him to sound.

You shouldn't edit a character's statistic like that. And he can't be "Street level+" because you can't get the "+" without a calc.

Ah my bad. Rebuble said it was fine so I figured I could go ahead and add it.

Although, I did do a calc in the last thread, and even half of that calc puts him at Street Level+.

Has any blog for the calc been made?

Is there any official statement on how big the savior is? IIRC his head alone was bigger than Berial

150 meters according to the 3142 graphics artbook

"It's also stated that at first the statue height was supposed to be 50 meters, but it was changed to 150 meters after the developer placed it near the tow which proved it to be unexpectedly small."- Savior's trivia on the DMC wiki

So he's over twice the size of the colossal titan? That goos to know.

It would been interesting if Nero could have lift it with DB.

Most likely since he can easily DB the Savior's full force punches and easily lift the Savior's head and torse with the DB

Back