• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

I am asking this now, but where does Dante's Majin form fit in all of this? Why didn't he use it against Urizen for example? The form appears in DMC3 manga despite Dante not even unlocking normal DT at that point.

It's a massive headache =___=

IMO it's fine assume SDT is the superior form right?

Well the theory is that the Majin is the true version of the Devil Trigger. But in the DMC wiki it is said that Itsuno wanted to make a second DT and it never worked out, with DMC4's not making into that game, and it was fully realized in DMC5 with SDT so it might be retconned it might not be. Who knows.

Apparently Japan call both forms by the same name "Shin Majin" so does that mean it's the same form but more controlled? Either there is more contex behinde this or Majin form is not canon anymore.

Even PDT seemed like a different form than Majin, while SDT seems a mix of both PDT and Majin.

Well it's not the same form because one is obtained by achieving higher power and the other one is always there but hard to access. The way of achieving them is also drastically different, Majin requires you to be near death and SDT is something else. So I don't think that they're supposed to be the same thing.

So you are pretty much saying Majin form is basically Ultra Instinct? ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Seeing some people still arguing that Vergil would have stood a chance against Mundus if he was at full power is amusing ~

Lol you wut M8? This is best Dante DT design. It's same as 4, which was my fav

DMC3 DT is worst one imo.

DMC4 DT makes Dante look like a weird, bearded lizard creature. His face also looks strangely squished back. I mostly liked DMC2's design, aside from the gun-hands. Those were just plain weird.

DMC3's looks like an actual demon imo.

Here's a hot take.DMC3's DT designs looked out of place and has the 2nd worst looking DT's in a game after Alastor and Ifrit DT from DMC1

I just can't stand how far into the uncanny valley DMC4's face is. Seriously, its disturbingly bad.

It's also weird how the face is completely smooth whereas everything else is scales.

I keep trying to find things I like but I just find things that put me off more.

The reason I like DMC3's design is because it looks distinctly inhuman and demonic. It really feels like Dante and Vergil are tapping into something other than human to access the power, rather than just transforming into reptilian looking humanoids.

I don't get the uncanny valley thing, it looks like something cross between power rangers and demons which looks amazing imo.

I dislike 3's DT designs because they look really out of place compared to everything else in DMC3 being sorta gritty and having a clearly different stylish take on the demonic artstyle compared to the DT's.Basically the DMC3 DT's style of demonic doesn't match the demonic style of everything else in the game.

I dislike Alastor and Ifrit because I can't really tell what they're supposed to look like which is probably due to graphical limitations

It was a guy from Shin Megami Tensei who design their DTs in DMC3, maybe that's why it looks so different

I gotta agree with Knight, they are awesome, now imagine that in 5 but with wings tho, would be perfect

Well, I never liked power rangers so that's probably why.

And I'd say that even though it goes against the series norm, it's still a good design. Imo, it's good enough to ignore how different it looks from the other DTs. It also helps that both Dante and Vergil are relatively inexperienced with the DT forms in that game, probably explaining the differences.

And yeah that's probably just graphics. Add on that we've never gotten a good look at them in a single pose, unlike the Sparda DT.

Despite all this, the SDTs look absolutely badass.

If we're going to continue the DMC discussion on this thread, should we close the last thread?

Yea, though it's not like I dislike DMC3's DTs designs by themselves but I just personally love the others (besides Alastor and Ifrit) better.Draconic, Jeepers Creepers and fleshy crossed infused with human type of forms when it comes to things like DMC or Devilman, which reminds me that I would love to see DMC's take on a more sci-fi oriented DT's with similiar designs seen in Devilman Saga but I rather have either a new character have that form or give it to Nero by having the devil breakers somehow bond with his DT and makes him a cyberdemon or something but that's just my terrible hopes for future installments.

And yea, SDTs are baller

The 10th one. You've just finished it with the 500th post, so no need to worry about it now. XD

Dante Demon Killah said:
It was a guy from Shin Megami Tensei who design their DTs in DMC3, maybe that's why it looks so different
>A guy from Shin Megami Tensei

>A GUY

******* Kazuma Kaneko designed their DTs, we should be grateful for that, and the desing is godly, dunno why people disliked it when it is the most "Demonic" thing in the whole series.

"dunno why people disliked it when it is the most "Demonic" thing in the whole series."

That would go to the Nobodies and Sargossos or however you spell it

Also, dmc2 lesser demons are pretty demonic as well

DMC3 DTs looks like freaking bugs lol. The point of DT was never to show how ugly or demonic they are, it's to make them look cool. Itsuno went out of his way to redesign Vergil DT apparently so he clearly didn't like the DMC3 one.

When you look at characters DT, you are supposed to think of something like "Epic" not "Inhuman" IMO

For some reasons it always bothered me that DTs in earlier games changed depending of the weapons

But that's like the best part. It showed that Dante was unfamiliar with the form, so the demons he collected had an effect on his abilities and form because of it.

I also like how DMC3's Rebellion DT looks like a younger, weaker version of Sparda with a red trenchcoat. Points for symbolism, especially since Vergil's had a closer horn design to Sparda's but without the points.

Almost like they knew who got the point of Sparda and his legacy, and who was closer to him. Even though it's unintentional, its still something I find a bit cool to look at.

Pretty sure they just didn't know what to do with DT yet at that point, one iconic DT form is better. We have higher forms of DT anyway

Back