• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Difference between Ki and Divine Ki

This mainly goes for the Dragon ball god tiers.

But I was wondering, what is the difference bewtween Ki and Divine/God Ki?

What property's make it diffreent?

Does it actually do anything differently?

Or is it just a passive power boost?

God Ki allows the person to sense higher Godlike beings like Beerus/Whis while regular ki doesn't. There is a misconception that a lot of people think King Kai/Supreme Kai can sense Beerus so they also have God Ki, That is wrong

To simply clear this out, first they never sensed Beerus or Whis, they most likely used their omniscient vision to track Beerus. in the manga, they can't even sense Champa or Vados let alone tracking unless they use the orb.

Second, God Ki does give the user an unmeasurable power boost which can never obtain by regular training. Goku obtained this god power through a ritual while Vegeta was given through special trainings with Whis.

I'd like more explanations on what God Ki grants you. I mean we know what normal Ki grants a user with, i'm still wondering what else a person woukd get when gaining god ki.

CrossverseCrisis said:
I'd like more explanations on what God Ki grants you. I mean we know what normal Ki grants a user with, i'm still wondering what else a person woukd get when gaining god ki.
I hope it grants some sort of reality warp or some hax (or resistance to it), because we really need some, i mean look at what crazy things Whis can do

Alexcar3000 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
I hope it grants some sort of reality warp or some hax (or resistance to it), because we really need some, i mean look at what crazy things Whis can do
Well maybe not something too crazy but yes, anything hax-related is fine in my book. I know Akira said he wanted to make his series simple for people to read but still...

CrossverseCrisis said:
Alexcar3000 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Well maybe not something too crazy but yes, anything hax-related is fine in my book. I know Akira said he wanted to make his series simple for people to read but still...
Simple doesn't mean not powerfull, Akira can make simple but pretty OP hax, like Time Stop and others. We also had hax back then like Monster Carrot's touch (turns you into carrot), Akkuman's Devilmite Beam (effectively on good), Spirit Bomb (effectively on evil), Guldo's time stop, Ginyu's body change, Dabura's spit, Regenerationn (Cell & Buu) and now Whis's time reversal, matter manipulation, spatial manipulation (he teleported Goku & Vegeta right in front of Beerus's attack, and also sent them to a pocket dimension or somtething) and others from his other series like Dr. Slump

Alexcar3000 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Alexcar3000 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Simple doesn't mean not powerfull, Akira can make simple but pretty OP hax, like Time Stop and others. We also had hax back then like Monster Carrot's touch (turns you into carrot), Akkuman's Devilmite Beam (effectively on good), Spirit Bomb (effectively on evil), Guldo's time stop, Ginyu's body change, Dabura's spit, Regenerationn (Cell & Buu) and now Whis's time reversal, matter manipulation, spatial manipulation (he teleported Goku & Vegeta right in front of Beerus's attack, and also sent them to a pocket dimension or somtething) and others from his other series like Dr. Slump
That works too.

Alexcar3000 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Alexcar3000 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Agreed with this and especially with spacial manipulation, He did the same in Episode 21 but at higher ends, this time we can actually see this worm hole type of thing which sent both Goku and Vegeta into some unknown God level training Realm

Back