• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 1 Dio Brando vs Witcher 3 Geralt. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in Dio's castle during midnight. Geralt has prior knowledge of Dio's Vampirism and a day of prep time.

Dio:

Geralt: 2

Inconculsive:

Diobrandorender
Geraltw3

KnightOfSunlight said:
"Stuff your foot in your ass and leave me be"
Code:
*waves hand*
Geralt mindhaxes
I didn't expect this thread to make me laugh as much as it did

Honestly we kinda overhype the mindhax a little bit

I mean he does use it but not as oftenly as we claim he uses, he tends to use it when he tries to get a good blow or something not to say go away

It's not even like he spams it. He often just fights. In books and fighting cutscenes he barely use it but if he does, he starts with it

I remember that the game gives you the choice of using Mindhax when you want to avoid a battle

That's literally what happens here

If Geralt fights, how is he going to avoid Dio's Regen ?

Dante Demon Killah said:
I remember that the game gives you the choice of using Mindhax when you want to avoid a battle
That's literally what happens here

If Geralt fights, how is he going to avoid Dio's Regen ?
Can be negged by exploiting Vampiric weaknesses such as sunlight. Or he can just freeze him?

Igni tends to be a really good counter to fast regenerators like werewolfs and fiends

Oh and the moon dust also counters regen was even shown to be effective to a bruxa (Essentially a semi-Higher Vampire)

SpookyShadow said:
Well it's against humans, mainly.
Burning him with Igni/Bombs/Crossbow shot/freezing?
I believe burning him could work. Considering the fact he seemed to be severely ****** up by not only Hamon, but also Johnathan setting his fist on Fire.

ThaTSayMarine said:
Igni tends to be a really good counter to fast regenerators like werewolfs and fiends
Oh and the moon dust also counters regen was even shown to be effective to a bruxa (Essentially a semi-Higher Vampire)
Seems like Geralt is missing some hax.

Dio regens fast enough to heal fire burning him iirc, and he freezes himself to attack.

I'd say that Yrden/Heliotrope is Geralt's best bet, just outskilling Dio and chopping him to pieces over and over until the sun comes up and he dies.

Dio isn't exactly the most skilled fighter and certainly isn't on Geralts level.

He dies to Sunlight so I believe it is Geralts's win-move

Burning him with Igni/Bombs/Crossbow shot/freezing?

Not sure if he can turn to ashes someone with that regen and higher AP and Durability

None of them have High Mid

What is Bruxa's level of Regen ?

SpookyShadow said:
He's not missing hax, Moon Dust is listed on his profile as powernull.
Powernull isn't really same as Regen negging, assuming the whole bit about negging regen is legit.

Dante Demon Killah said:
What is Bruxa's level of Regen ?
Low-Mid possibly higher, still not as fast or as effective as dio's

Dio will be a hard case here because dio can actually outright end the fight instantly if he wants to freeze geralt

Idk never used that shit

Geralt can use Aksji if he gets tired of this shit and chop DIO to pieces, or bombs that cause status effects/poison him.

ThaTSayMarine said:
Dio will be a hard case here because dio can actually outright end the fight instantly if he wants to freeze geralt
If he manages to get even a punch on Geralt. He has experience dealing with Alps, Garkains, Fleders, Nosferats and Bruxas and Dio is not exactly as good at fighting as them

The freeze is the most obvious one and the most likely wincon for dio

The other one is the pressurized jets of water hitting geralt in a critical spot which while it isn't as likely there is still a chance

There might be more but i dunno

The first thing I can imagine is Dio trying to close combat with Geralt, wich is hard because of Aard, and Geralt's skill with a sword, and as people said above, Dio isn't that skilled. Even if he tries it, Yrden would make him slower and at higher levels, Yrden can damage you every second.

But even so, Dio need to deal with Quen, wich he can't destroy, even if he could, Geralt can use it again and again and Quen can reflect half of Dio's attack back to him + Geralt's own attacks.

Geralt has 3 ways to freeze Dio: With his sword, with bombs and Aard. That would make him immobile. Dio is a vampire, vampire = monster. So, Dio doesn't have any advantage in AP or durability.

I am voting Geralt because of more wincons

Hmmm, ya know I'd thought about Geralt vs Jonathan. But let's see here, so Dio's freeze is his main wincon. Laser eyes can probably work too, that said though prior knowledge means Geralt knows not to get tagged by them.

Would silver swords work on Dio?

Well, I thought that Silver would work via Verse Equalization but apparently that's not allowed

So no, he isn't weak against Silver

Dante Demon Killah said:
Well, I thought that Silver would work via Verse Equalization but apparently that's not allowed
So no, he isn't weak against Silver
And why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back