• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sealing is thought based, and WR Rumple's nulling is plot manip-based, being able to affect himself (yes, there are two Rumplestiltskins, don't think about it too much), who resisted Hades' nulling.

Not sure whether or not it's enough, though.

We know discord starts with powernull.

It's just inconsistent in how fast he does it in character. It's either snap based or thought based

If Discord's powernull is snap based, rumple wins

If Discord's powernull is thought based, it's incon.

So I can't make a vote yet

Discord usually snaps in character, with some exceptions being made. I'm currently binging MLP and I don't recall much scenes where he doesn't snap, there are some scenes where he's offscreen and does the ability.

Good behavior. If you don't like a verse, simply just don't express it.

If you're someone who still ridicules MLP for being "girly and for kids", then you're not cool, you're only putting yourself on spot. People should actually give reasons why the show is bad.

Anyways, let's not derail. From what I can remember, Discord usually snaps while in character, especially towards his opponents.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Discord usually snaps in character, with some exceptions being made. I'm currently binging MLP and I don't recall much scenes where he doesn't snap, there are some scenes where he's offscreen and does the ability.
Not some, but many exceptions. I personally think he thought more than he snapped in his first appearance.

In that case, I guess Rumple activates faster. In any case, he also resists power nulling (from Hades), though I don't know the extent of Discord's power.

The Archdemon said:
In that case, I guess Rumple activates faster. In any case, he also resists power nulling (from Hades), though I don't know the extent of Discord's power.
Virtually every time he summons an item, transforms himself, or does anything, he just thinks it into existence. The amount of times he snaps is actually fairly low compared to when he RWs via thinking. Snapping is just more iconic since you can actually see it happen, so it creates the illusion that he snaps more when he doesn't.

And really? Sealing in a pocket dimension? Against a guy superior to people with multiversal+ range? He literally walks out and puts Rumple in it instead.

Multiversal+ range??????? Pretty sure MLP is only a 2-C universe.

Also, dimensional travel and 2-C range has never been a counter to sealing. Think youre talking about BFR that is a counter to that.

Legends of Magic has infinite Universes and a spell that can access them. Luna can cast it as a teenager.

It is when the sealing amounts to "put this dude in a pocket dimension". Unless the sealing nulls his powers; which Discord resists, he's walking right out.

Lightbuster30 said:
It is when the sealing amounts to "put this dude in a pocket dimension". Unless the sealing nulls his powers; which Discord resists, he's walking right out.
WR Rumple's nulling affects the powers of a guy who is absurdly resistant to power nulling (vulgo actual Rumple)

Based on what is it plot-based?

Doesn't matter. Range revisions were accepted. I'm just too busy with school to revise the range for mostly a whole verse + a bunch of additional powers for most of the verse.

Also, occam's razor. Why would a portal spell performed by reality warping chaos magic be weaker than something cooked up by Starswirl? Also, it's presumably the only known spell that travels to alternate universes. And yes, Discord can perform actual spells and not just reality warping. More than a few things he's done were described as spells instead of reality bending.

Rumples 4-B attack potency does not mention a quill. I know he has a tab with "the authors powers" but thats about it. The quill on the other hand does mention Rumple using it.

Wait, does he have the crystal or the quill? Because I'm seeing an extra 4-B on his tab coming from an Olympian crystal. And you only said: "4-B versions for both".

So, despite draining power from the quill, what if someone were to take it away? Does he actually need it on his person to drain it?

Back