• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance between Suna and Konoha using the 3 days statement

The Causality said:
MostPowerfull said:
But to hear something like "distance between villages being 2x Earth's size" when the guys' favorite verse literally has a calculated distance of around 10 billion meters, which would be around 26x greater than the Moon-Earth distance and say something like "common sense".
Pretty sure it's stated to have this size, it not rely on calcs.
As far as I can remember, the calculation involved something like several days at a falling speed or something.

It was not declared, it was calculated roughly equal to the TFO High End. But that's not the point ... The point is to say you're wank, because the distance seems surreal.

The only thing that im gonna contribute to this is that planets being as big as sizes for Narutos planet here are not unrealistic at all. Adding to what other people said above, I know a verse where there's a planet thats close to being half the size of the sun.

I don't think Kishimoto's comment is supposed to be taken as rock-solid evidence that he intended Shinobi's travel speed to be like a car on the highway.

I'm still in favour of my version, for either the mid end or the high end.

Also, those sources on soldiers sleep hours aren't really applicable to this scenario. Soldiers aren't running all day across countries typically.

The mid end of damages is the highest end that could even be considered accurate

There is zero proof they even used Shunshin a single percentage of the trip so to presume so is patently wank.

I have no clue why such reaching presumptions are being made or even engaged at this point.

Soldiers evidence was for the slew argument not the running. TFO was using the soldiers getting that much sleep as proof that Ninjas only need 4 hours

Xulrev said:
The mid end of damages is the highest end that could even be considered accurate
There is zero proof they even used Shunshin a single percentage of the trip so to presume so is patently wank.

I have no clue why such reaching presumptions are being made or even engaged at this point.
If you ignore the scan of them going FTE speeds, sure...but I don't have to point out the problem with that.

No presumptions have been made.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think Kishimoto's comment is supposed to be taken as rock-solid evidence that he intended Shinobi's travel speed to be like a car on the highway.
I'm still in favour of my version, for either the mid end or the high end.

Also, those sources on soldiers sleep hours aren't really applicable to this scenario. Soldiers aren't running all day across countries typically.
1.)There is literally no reason not to accept Kishimoto's statement. It's quite clear. Stuff like Cars are not needed due to Ninja Skills and Ninjutsu.

2.) @Bold, the issue with your argument is that Irl Soldiers are inferior to a fictional military whose Soldiers can, walk on vertical surfaces and water, leap over builds, move faster than the eye can see and blow fire from their mouths...

This is tantamount to trying to argue Batman's capabilities against Superman's.

If you ignore the scan of them going FTE speeds, sure...but I don't have to point out the problem with that.
It's not ignoring it whatsoever. We see them leap into trees, and witness, on-panel, their hopping from tree to tree. I see no reason to presume it's even Shunshin at that point honestly aside from the initial kick off the ground, and that's an assumption even at that.

Your proof is woefully inadequate to be called accurate for the sake of the wiki

Xulrev said:
It's not ignoring it whatsoever. We see them leap into trees, and witness, on-panel, their hopping from tree to tree. I see no reason to presume it's even Shunshin at that point honestly aside from the initial kick off the ground, and that's an assumption even at that.

Your proof is woefully inadequate to be called accurate for the sake of the wiki
I disagree. This argument of yours is essentially the same one from earlier "What says they maintained that speed" but in different form. I've already addressed that. And FTE movement in Naruto is only achieved by Shunshin, so it's not an assumption either way. Also, you seem to think jumping through the trees doesn't happen along with Shunshin (Check Chapter 46 as ome example).

So you disagree with the High-End, Respect your opinion, but what say you about the low-end?

I said I was fine with either using the high end of Damage's calc at 3703.42 km or the low end of TheFinalOrder's version of 4786.56 km. But I think it was preferable to wait for another calc group member to accept it.

Back