• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance between Suna and Konoha using the 3 days statement

Hmm, I think both sides make sense. I don't think they would really need up to 8 hours of rest each day tbh and since they are really rushing, even less so. But tbh it is likely the safer option, I believe that when this was proposed to me I used 8 hours too? But I think TFO's point makes sense and Boruto should be in the same boat especially with Shinki there being extremely rigid in his behaviour and wanting the missions to be completed as quickly as possible. Especially since Gaara his Dad is in trouble.

Basically I think 4 hours makes sense considering their abilities and sense of haste. If it was a more casual travel I would have agreed with 8 hours instead.

Don't really see the need to calc this this way you could just scale Frost Countries size with the multiple panels we have of it and then use the map of the villages to get a relative size of them

TFO's argument doesn't hold up from what I've reread of the Chunin Exams.

He's trying to compare someone just staying awake for 24+ hours to someone running across hundreds of kilometers without resting.

Not just the rest time but I don't agree with Damages High End using an averaged out superhuman speed. Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura and Temari are shown leaving the Leaf at FTE speeds (And we know they're casually above FTE since Part 1). Even if we accept them not moving at FTE speeds constantly (which is a baseless assertion), the High-End of Superhuman would be the best low-ball.

Wasn't that more so because the statement for the "X days to get to Y" didn't specifically denote/show them running or something? It's been a while since I last read bleach so a lot of stuff is blank. Forgive me if I'm mistaken

They were in a similar situation, in a rush to save a friend.

I told Damage I was also fine with using the high end of his blog, but that I would prefer to here thoughts from other staff members.

Damage3245 said:
TFO's argument doesn't hold up from what I've reread of the Chunin Exams.
He's trying to compare someone just staying awake for 24+ hours to someone running across hundreds of kilometers without resting.
Have you not been paying attention? Not just staying up, but several fights and exerting yourself at the same time (Thanks for trying to twist it btw).

When we think of resting:

• Sleep
  • Eating/Drunking
  • Restroom
  • Catching your breath.
Out of those 4, the only one that's time consuming is Sleeping.

Naruto and co made it to Suna in 60hrs. In Chunin Exams, On the 4th day in the FoD, Naruto and Co:

• Traveled all day.
  • Naruto Fought Rain Ninja all night (While using Transformation Jutsu and clones)
  • Naruto and Co went from 4th Day to the 5th day (No sleep, no eating (Except for Once before traveling) and no drinking) straight into Preliminaries where they had to fight serious battles, exerting themselves more.
  • Naruto went from that straight into more training before night fall.
So no, it's not just "No sleeping". They exerted themselves far more than just not sleeping or running would and this here is at least 26+ hours up to 30+ hours based on statements.

Naruto in chapter 21 trained for 24+ hours (Dawn from day 6 of training to Dawn of Day 7) with nothing inbetween.

So, 8 hours per 24 hour cycle is nonsense.

What's established:

• Sakura on screen can, as a child, can go at least 26+ hours without sleep.
  • Naruto, as a child, at least 26+ hours without sleep.
8 hours is arbitrary. Naruto is emotionally invested and they are rushing. Source says 4 hours is bare minimum needed for sleep, this makes sense and actually lines up with military training and active duty irl. At best, i'm willing to go up to 12 hrs.

• 4hrs of sleep per 24 hr cycle
  • 2 hrs of rest per 24hr cycle (Eating, Drinking, Restroom and Catching breath).
This is the best outcome.

@TFO; you're basically arguing for 6 hours of rest per day instead of 8 hours but your examples of saying "These characters can go a while without sleep" doesn't make it any more likely that 6 hours is better than 8 hours.

You say they "fight all night" but you haven't provided specific timeframes of activity or links to these scenes.

For the Sakura example she simply spent most of her time watching over Naruto and Sasuke - sure, she went without sleep - but that's not strenuous activity.

I'd rather stick with 8 hours of rest per day (and currently I'm not even assuming any rest for the half day they spent finishing their travelling).

Also, for Naruto training we don't even know when he fell asleep.

Also, I got proof they can maintain Shunshin speed for the duration of travel.

Oboro (Rain Ninja from Chunin Exams) could maintain his illusion jutsu against Naruto and co all night (Early Night to Dawn) comfortably, without issue or tiring. His jutsu, like Shunshin, is a D-Rank Jutsu while physicallytrying to attack them from a distance (Ala, Kidomaru vs Neji). Part 2 Naruto and co are vastly more experienced and trained than him. And Naruto could maintain both His Shadow Clones and Transformation for the same period of time, which is a B rank and C-Rank Jutsu respectively), while keeping up his Physical activity.

So this proves that they can maintain a D-Rank Jutsu like Shunshin, for at least 8-10 hours or more WITHOUT any issues or impact as I said.

Not sure how much this will change minds or whatever, but I'll write it anyway.

Another thing that's interesting about Naruto's world is that there's technology, like ways to view videos, communicate over long distances ― it's definitely not something that exists in traditional samurai-era Japan, but it's not a typical 'modern' Japan either. What definitely does NOT exist in Naruto's world?

Kishimoto: It would actually take too long to really go nitty-gritty into details, but for example: one of the things I focused on was that anything that's NOT possible to recreate, or to do, using ninjustu, ninja skills, I would not develop for Naruto's world. So no cars. Because they have shuriken, the throwing stars, there's no guns either. So there were certain things I had clearly in my head that I didn't want to have available in their worldview.

Taken from here

With some author support, using superhuman speed at minimum seems to make sense as Kishimoto stated there is no need for cars since Ninja's can travel fast enough and long enough on their own for cars to be unnecessary.

Feel free to double check of course and correct me if I'm wrong.

Damage3245 said:
@TFO; you're basically arguing for 6 hours of rest per day instead of 8 hours but your examples of saying "These characters can go a while without sleep" doesn't make it any more likely that 6 hours is better than 8 hours.
You say they "fight all night" but you haven't provided specific timeframes of activity or links to these scenes.

For the Sakura example she simply spent most of her time watching over Naruto and Sasuke - sure, she went without sleep - but that's not strenuous activity.

I'd rather stick with 8 hours of rest per day (and currently I'm not even assuming any rest for the half day they spent finishing their travelling).

Also, for Naruto training we don't even know when he fell asleep.
  • These are military trained people and 8 hours of sleep is for health care reasons, not applicable here. I'm not talking about "What's best for them". They're on an urgent mission and rushing to another country on foot.
  • You asked for proof i gave you references on your blog. For the fight all night is Chapter 63 and it's specifically stated to have lasted "Early Night" - "Dawn" Which is generally 8-6, depending on the season. You'd know what chapter if you actually went back and read Chunin Exams like you "Claimed" above, but clearly you didn't or just didn't pay attention.
  • That's the first 24+ hours in FoD. On that 2nd 24hr Cycle, she fought Sound Ninja, taking a beating and spamming Jutsu and come to fine out, she prepped traps, one of which including that big ass log she tried to hit Dosu with. Then you got that 2nd half of FoD you haven't mentioned.
  • Why does 8 hr per day make any sense to you? Again, these are Military trained individuals (Which, going off irl, sleep can be as low as 4 hr per day or no sleep at all in a 24hr cycle) who're on a Urgent Mission and rushing to another country. Seriously, the only only thing that 8 hours of sleep is good for is good overall health.
  • Naruto feel asleep from the 5th -6th day. Haku woke him up on the 6th day at Dawn. Naruto trained and was still awake on that 7th Morning where he tricked Kakashi and Sakura. You're getting them mixed up.
There are two 24hr cycles in the trip. 4hrs of sleep + 2 hrs of rest per each one is fair and makes most sense. Given the fact they can go so long without sleep anyways as proven without adverse issues just makes 8 hours excessive and resting doesn't require more than 2 hrs. That in and of itself is generous.

Jvando said:
Not sure how much this will change minds or whatever, but I'll write it anyway.----
Another thing that's interesting about Naruto's world is that there's technology, like ways to view videos, communicate over long distances ― it's definitely not something that exists in traditional samurai-era Japan, but it's not a typical 'modern' Japan either. What definitely does NOT exist in Naruto's world?

Kishimoto: It would actually take too long to really go nitty-gritty into details, but for example: one of the things I focused on was that anything that's NOT possible to recreate, or to do, using ninjustu, ninja skills, I would not develop for Naruto's world. So no cars. Because they have shuriken, the throwing stars, there's no guns either. So there were certain things I had clearly in my head that I didn't want to have available in their worldview.

Taken from here

With some author support, using superhuman speed at minimum seems to make sense as Kishimoto stated there is no need for cars since Ninja's can travel fast enough and long enough on their own for cars to be unnecessary.

Feel free to double check of course and correct me if I'm wrong.
More proof that they can use Shunshin over long distances continuously.

• Manga also proves this by establishing being able to maintain D-Rank Jutsu and higher over plenty of hours.

The most I'm willing to concede on is using the average Superhuman speed which is the high end of my calc.

Trying to force it further by saying we should high ball it to maximum superhuman speed is just trying to transparently wank the calc for a bigger size. Using the average is best - which is what DDM seems to agree with.

DDM also said he would prefer to hear the thoughts of other staff members tbf

And calling something wank with no evidence to say it is only sounds like downplay when their is evidence against your calc tbf.

Damage3245 said:
The most I'm willing to concede on is using the average Superhuman speed which is the high end of my calc.

Trying to force it further by saying we should high ball it to maximum superhuman speed is just trying to transparently wank the calc for a bigger size. Using the average is best - which is what DDM seems to agree with.
Your high end is fine, I was jus trying to support its use as opposed to the mid-end.

We will not accept something wrong just because you want to move on with this.

Need more staff calc members on this like DDM originally suggested cause the calc is still technically wrong knowing that things are being ignored

**** all calcs of that kind of feat. If they want to use something wrong it is not my problem. It is not applicable here

M3X said:
**** all calcs of that kind of feat. If they want to use something wrong it is not my problem. It is not applicable here
A staff and calc group member alrady disagree with it, so you'll have to convince then if you want that to be accepted.

No they didnt disagree with this. No one debunked TFO after his walls of text. Still, 8 hours is wrong. We will not move on with this bullshit. Stop being impatient

M3X said:
No they didnt disagree with this. No one debunked TFO after his walls of text. Still, 8 hours is wrong. We will not move on with this bullshit. Stop being impatient
Damage literally said 5 hours ago his thoughts on what TFO said.

Why make a blog for it when Damage can simply edit his blog and put the 4 hours value?

Wrath Of Itachi said:
M3X said:
Damage literally said 5 hours ago his thoughts on what TFO said.
Doesn't make him right and he still hasn't debunked anything.

TheFinalOrder said:
I'm not convinced by your walls of text.

I've spoken with Alex about it and he agrees with me that eight hours total rest per day (accounting for sleep, eating, drinking, toilet breaks and resting) is fine for the calc (not even taking into account any rest on the remaining half day of their journey).

Feel free to ask any other calc members or staff for their input - because so far from my perspective Qaws, DDM and Alex are fine with the calc as it is.

Damage3245 said:
TheFinalOrder said:
I'm not convinced by your walls of text.

I've spoken with Alex about it and he agrees with me that eight hours total rest per day (accounting for sleep, eating, drinking, toilet breaks and resting) is fine for the calc (not even taking into account any rest on the remaining half day of their journey).

Feel free to ask any other calc members or staff for their input - because so far from my perspective Qaws, DDM and Alex are fine with the calc as it is.
Nah. I got a better idea.

Back