• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance between Suna and Konoha using the 3 days statement

Damage3245 said:
@AstralKing7; pretty sure Boruto fainted just from walking through the desert. Which is funny, if he could casually travel FTE I'm not sure why he was walking so slowly.

Um no your wrong. Boruto was running the whole time then he started walking slowly and fainted.....did u not see the whole episode man? Boruto was running for a long time. Your getting stamina and inconsistency mixed up

@AstralKing7; Pretty sure we're talking about different episodes. I'm thinking of a scene from episode 120 where he is only shown walking between two different platforms.

... this is not necessary, please guys, vote for the method you think it is the most accurate. After then, we can discuss the speed we should use

Yeah your right damage. Also VSBW was messing up or buggingƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å I meant the return part where Boruto was running

The trains run on electricity like modern day trains. They are faster than genius that's the only speed u can use

The 3 day statement is consistent and is carried over from Shippuden

Honestly until someone can actually give a reason as to why we shouldn't use the statements we should drop any other argument. Cause that's literally going against the writers intentions. Both Kishis and Kodachi. It's not even inconsistent. We are shown Boruto two days still traveling.

Honestly until someone can actually give a reason as to why we shouldn't use the statements we should drop any other argument
Well, here are some things to consider:

1. According to the Sakura novel , her standard travel speed would take her 4 days to reach the village of the sand. Explicitly, if she 'hurried', it would then take her 3 days. A 25% increase in speed over leisurely travel does not fit with the presented 'Consistently FTE for several hours' thesis.

2. According to the same album of scans in Point 1, an ordinary hawk can make the trip in 2 days. And, again, that's within the context that fits what we know from feats, that of 'A hurrying Sakura can make the trip in roughly 3 days', so there is no reason to really dismiss that

3. The trains in Boruto can easily be calc'd. For examplein this instance we are able to visibly see something light be held aloft in the air whilst atop the train and it doesn't simply go flying, so we have no reason to presume the 120mph 'lowball' even that DDM offered. At approximately 1:26 into that same clip , we visibly see how fast the railroad ties are moving in reference to the train

4. To give an idea of consistency for the trains' speed, in this longer clip we see Boruto and crew simply give up on chasing a foe, and in the half-minute monologue said train hasn't even reached the horizon proper yet

Conclusion
The trains are a pretty consistently-shown speed, utilizing some FTE idea for 3 days of an arbitrarily-chosen number of hours is fallacious as shown by consistent statements, we should use the train and calc how quickly the railroads ties are moving past it as shown in Point 3, second timestamp of the clip.

That was a freight train that your using in the last argument.

Sakura has reached suna in faster than 3 days before back in Shippuden which is why that's inconsistent asf

Also that argument about the burger is very verve weak. U have two boys sitting on top of a train not falling off. Last not forget that we don't even know if they are using chakra to stick to the train as well as the fact that u can use chakra to make things stick to you as well. For instance that could be the reason the burger didn't fly or jsut the fact that it's pis or that in was in a position in his hand where it would fly.

Also...not all burgers are light in the first place. We don't know if that was a quarter pounder or what.

That was a freight train that your using in the last argument.
Still a supporting piece of evidence considering it is visibly consistent.

Sakura has reached suna in faster than 3 days before back in Shippuden which is why that's inconsistent asf
Being off by what, a couple hours? doesn't make something inconsistent, it means that you can't ascribe precise hourly measurements to a travel distance by foot for a variety of reasons, and further supports my point about how arbitrary the numbers people are attempting to shoehorn truly are.

Naw more like 2 days which means your whole argument is debunked. The hawk feat is pure inconsistent which your ignoring despite the fact that Sakura has did it faster.

We are going with the numbers from the main writers man not jsut any novel writing by others and not fans numbers which your implying for some reason. Kishi said 3, Kodachi said what more do you want when your evidence is based on inconsistency from someone who is not Kishi nor Kodachi???

Also...not all burgers are light in the first place. We don't know if that was a quarter pounder or what.
Thank you for the laugh, I'm glad to see we can still be light-hearted and make jokes even when disagreeing haha, much appreciated

Let's not forget Sakura and co were also interrupted by Akatsuki. So that only adds to the fact that she could have made it faster

Yeah can never reach a conclusion without these things. **** this thread

Yeah can never reach a conclusion without these things. **** this thread
Apologies, I figured evidence supporting how we vote was what was desired. Perhaps you might discuss with your cohorts as to why their argumentation ought to improve to prevent such derailment?

M3X said:
Ok, the train left the village in the morning, and it arrived in a frontier at night, and then, morning of the next day, it arrived in a local near where Sasuke was, wich is near Suna. So, it is too vague, we don't have a spcific timeframe, we can only assume a timeframe based with what I said.

This.

Also idk why we would assume that a machine would stop moving at top speed until it reaches its check pointƒñö

This was a simple thread

This was a simple thread
It still is, really. The aggressively-desired assertions simply don't hold up under scrutiny, however, thus my pointing it out, giving my evidence, and casting my vote elsewhere.

You're free to disagree but asserting 'it's inconsistent' is a claim I already address within my evidence and preempt, I'm absolutely open to strong evidence as opposed to inferences and claims.

I'm more with DDM here, I find it a little more consistent. Or with the 3 day statement.

But still, trying to prove an argument using inconsistency of a secondary canon above the primary is hilarious, really! kek

Xulrev said:
Honestly until someone can actually give a reason as to why we shouldn't use the statements we should drop any other argument
Well, here are some things to consider:

1. According to the Sakura novel , her standard travel speed would take her 4 days to reach the village of the sand. Explicitly, if she 'hurried', it would then take her 3 days. A 25% increase in speed over leisurely travel does not fit with the presented 'Consistently FTE for several hours' thesis.

2. According to the same album of scans in Point 1, an ordinary hawk can make the trip in 2 days. And, again, that's within the context that fits what we know from feats, that of 'A hurrying Sakura can make the trip in roughly 3 days', so there is no reason to really dismiss that

3. The trains in Boruto can easily be calc'd. For examplein this instance we are able to visibly see something light be held aloft in the air whilst atop the train and it doesn't simply go flying, so we have no reason to presume the 120mph 'lowball' even that DDM offered. At approximately 1:26 into that same clip , we visibly see how fast the railroad ties are moving in reference to the train

4. To give an idea of consistency for the trains' speed, in this longer clip we see Boruto and crew simply give up on chasing a foe, and in the half-minute monologue said train hasn't even reached the horizon proper yet

Conclusion
The trains are a pretty consistently-shown speed, utilizing some FTE idea for 3 days of an arbitrarily-chosen number of hours is fallacious as shown by consistent statements, we should use the train and calc how quickly the railroads ties are moving past it as shown in Point 3, second timestamp of the clip.
Honestly, given the train model, this seems more reasonable. Why not calc the train's speed given it's not a modern train.

Then use that for the speed.

Or maybe jsut maybe see how fast an electric train back in the 2000s could travel out of country like DDM suggested. Because saying it's not a modern train when it's based off electrical trains in rl kinda doesn't make any sense??ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å For Pete's sake Boruto series has Jet scooters man. I'm pretty sure there trains are based off modern trains

They wanna keep the ninja aspect of it

But first of all...why don't we compare it to trains in japan instead of trains in America cause I feel that's what a lot of us are doing when trains in japan actually look like that in some places I've seen I believe

That thing in no way is comparable to modern day bullet trains in Japan. Also those trains look a lot more identical to western trains than they do Japanese trains, they even look identical to some trains in Russia. I think Imades suggestion of calculating the speed of the train itself would be the best method.

Why not use the speed of a freight train, remembering that Boruto is infiltrating this type of train? Although it varies slightly, most of it is around 80 MPH, as I recall.

It seems much more reliable than calculating and then using this calculation to find out the distance. Sounds very strange to me.

It's kinda funny how people assume Naruto doesn't take place in a Modern society solely because people use knives and shurikens instead of guns considering despite the numerous inventions they have. Anyway, a lot of Western and Bullet Trains are generally 200 km/hr or 120 mph according to Wikipedia if you don't want to compare them to bullet trains. They do appear to be electrical trains yes.

• We don't know the timeframe
  • We don't know the speed of the train
  • The train didnt arrived Suna, but a near place.
I would like to know from those who think train method is better, the answer of my points. You guys are simply ignoring a direct statement from manga and anime and using a extremely vague method to calc because of...?

And asking to calc the train speed is even an absurd. It is so iffy that I am almost sure all CGM would reject it. So, you guys need to explain a specific timeframe (while the manga literally states to us), discuss the train model (using the method of the 3 days require an speed assumption as well, but we have feats to scale from and use) and discuss even from where the train went (While the statement literally says to where it was going)

The entire method is iffy

Nobody said Naruto doesn't take place in modern times, but they aren't as advanced as we are when it comes to technology and such. We had guns and nukes for quite some time, when we first invented them we weren't nearly as advanced as we are nowadays.

The Prince of Counters said:
Nobody said Naruto doesn't take place in modern times, but they aren't as advanced as we are when it comes to technology and such. We had guns and nukes for quite some time, when we first invented them we weren't nearly as advanced as we are nowadays.
Bruh....Did you mot read the Ao arc? Lmao Seriously though, Naruto has Technology that surpasses us and technology that's in the past.

has laptop,Phones,Camera,Satellite Dish,Wireless Radio,hologram technology,led monitor, so on

so hows that not advanced enough

.....first of all this isn't Naruto anymore. No offense but it seems you aren't knowledgeable on the content in Boruto

Also can anyone answer Mx3's question who has actually watched this current Boruto arc instead of just agreeing FRA that don't answer his question about the faulty method

The basis of Occam's Razor is that which requires less assumptions is likely to be true. How exactly is it then more accurate to find the speed of a train (which would require you to assume the anime was portraying the speed realistically which usually isn't the case and would also require you to assume Boruto wasn't just causing the burgers to adhere to his hands like every ninja with a modicum of training is able to do), then assume a timeframe and then favoring in the fact that the train didn't even arrive at Suna but near it? That entire method is really not accurate.

On the other hand, we have:

• The timeframe
  • The panel showing us the speed they were going (FTE speeds)
  • It is literally stated Konoha to Suna two times
At best, we can use an assumption of 6 hours rest per day. Fine. But that's still only one assumption compared to the numerous issues with the other method.

One method requires a couple nifty assumptions while the object in question doesn't even reach its destination

Another requires one method and we know the object reaches its destination.

It should be obvious which one is more accurate.

Also, using secondary support canon to "debunk" claims coming from primary canon that were stated twice? Really?

> The panel showing us the speed they were going (FTE speeds)

That's a big assumption for them to be constantly travelling that fast. That's just a panel of them starting to moving, not always being FTE.

> At best, we can use an assumption of 6 hours rest per day. Fine. But that's still only one assumption compared to the numerous issues with the other method.

Isn't 8 hours standard for this? The current size of Seireitei is determined by assuming 8 hours rest, and that's with them walking.

Back