• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance between Suna and Konoha using the 3 days statement

There is no standard for this, and the speed and the amount of hours should be discussed analyzing the franchise, not using another franchise to support the values.

Damage3245 said:
> The panel showing us the speed they were going (FTE speeds)

That's a big assumption for them to be constantly travelling that fast. That's just a panel of them starting to moving, not always being FTE.

> At best, we can use an assumption of 6 hours rest per day. Fine. But that's still only one assumption compared to the numerous issues with the other method.

Isn't 8 hours standard for this? The current size of Seireitei is determined by assuming 8 hours rest, and that's with them walking.
I agree with 8 hours after looking at this but constant FTE should be perfectly fine seeing as ninjas have incredible stamina, enough to constantly fight for 3 days in a war. Since we are factoring in rest, I don't see why this is an issue

@Jvando; they definitely weren't fighting constantly for 3 days in the war arc.

There were long stretches where there was no fighting, and a lot of shinobi were resting up until the White Zetsu infiltration began (and even after that several Shinobi weren't actively fighting).

The ninjas only fought for two days in the War. The entirety of the third day was Naruto vs Sasuke. They also had a rest in Day 1, a break during Day 2, and were recharged by Naruto a few times during the end phase of Day 2.

Panel shows them going at FTE speeds. Nothing in the verse says they can't maintain that speed. Shunshin is a D-Rank Jutsu with low impact on them and the only limitation it poses is Chakra. Chakra shouldn't be an issue for any of them using a D-Rank Jutsu, but of course, despite not having any proof on your end to back up the notion "They weren't travelling at FTE constantly", you're still going to assert that. So this is what I propose.

• Being as they are quite obviously superhuman and shown travelling at FTE speeds, the least we'll assume they traveled at is 30m/s (Superhuman), that should be fair as it's no proof thet didn't maintain FTE speeds.
  • 6 hours of rest per day is arbitrary. 4 hrs / 24 hr cycle is all that is needed (SOURCE) meaning 8 hrs of rest for the entire Trip. Naruto and Co arrived in 60 hrs, so the travel time spend is 52 hours.
So the calc should be 52 hrs at 30 m/s.

I've made a calc for it here, taking into account different ends for the speed and the hawk statement from the novel.

What is the source of the 8 hours? And you shouldnt use average running speed, they are jumping betwern trees and showing FTE speeds. I am not saying to use FTE speed there but average running speed is bs

@M3X; seven to nine hours of sleep is necessary for health going by this article. And the 8 hours isn't only them sleeping, but eating, drinking, resting etc.

"Jumping between trees" would only be a small part of their journey seeing as they also have cross large stretches of desert.

The speed being used for the different ends would be their average speed across the entire journey, not just a single panel of them appearing FTE.

Damage3245 said:
I've made a calc for it here, taking into account different ends for the speed and the hawk statement from the novel.
Your low end is laughable. Ninja are at least Superhuman and the traveling scenes all demonstrate this.

Peak human is a no go, same reason as above.

Superhuman is the most accurate but considering they are shown using FTE travel Speed and with your lack of proof they couldn't maintain it, High end Superhuman is fair and more accurate. 30m/s is more acvurate than your high end.

@TFO; I don't need to prove they couldn't maintain it. You're the one making the assertation that they can effortlessly keep up FTE travel speed for hours when they've never shown that in the series.

They were I a rush someone from dying and you keep saying they couldn't have been constantly FTE but I don't see much evidence of that aside from your assertion.

And 4 is necessary to live, and they were rushing, again, RUSHING to the village to save Gaara and Kankuro. Why would they sleep and test during ******* 8 hours while their friends were dying? Nonsense.

The rest of your comment falls under what TFO said about shunshin

1. TFO has still not provided any feats of relevance for showing how Naruto and co are, reasonably, able to suddenly go all out in speed for 52 hours, which is the basic necessary assumption for his entire thesis; in fact, he ignored Qawsedf pointing out how there are no feats supporting this absurdly superhuman endurance.

2. There also is no indicator they were constantly moving at the speeds shown in two panels at the start of their journey: again, they ran out of trees at some point and were leaping from tree to tree, not even using Shunshin constantly from what we see.

3. There are too many presumptions and not enough evidence to call these estimates reasonable nor accurate as it stands. The train route is still more objectively accurate.

3a. Alternatively, Damage's calc is not terrible, as his hawk value and peak running speed values are oddly consistent with one another in terms of result, and the two statement contextually are valid based on the novel and main canon.

We ought to go with the mid-end of Damage's running values here at the very highest, anything else would be absurd and provable wank.

>When 4 hours of sleep being the absolute minimum to survive is suddenly considered normal under these circumstances

And suddenly everyone is kid Gaara who was literally forced to stay awake almost his whole childhood due to Ichibi tormenting him.

Novel??? Main canon???

Main canon has Sakura reaching the suna in around 2 days which means something isn't consistent here again as I said above ƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

If anything there is downplay going on if we continue to ignore the fact that Sakura reached suna quicker than the hawk statement and the fact that she was interrupted which means she could have made it faster

Damage3245 said:
@TFO; I don't need to prove they couldn't maintain it. You're the one making the assertation that they can effortlessly keep up FTE travel speed for hours when they've never shown that in the series.
  • They're shown travelling at FTE Speed
  • The Jutsu by which this is possible (Shunshin) is a D-Rank Jutsu which is low impact and poses no limitations other than chakra.
Yes, it's strongly implied they rushed Shunshin (Which is shown). Your stance here is baseless.

Also, how is the Hawk calc consistent when rest time is blatantly ignored...

That's just some forced consistency if I've ever seen it

Jvando said:
Also, how is the Hawk calc consistent when rest time is blatantly ignored...
That's just some forced inconsistency if I've ever seen it
Apparently some species of bird can fly even while sleeping. It is theoretically possible, although I agree with you that if we had some solid info to go off of for how much the hawk rested that it would be better to take that into account.

Fair. I'm just saying that using the mid-end cause of "consistency" is wrong since it's not even consistent when a crucial variable is missing that would make it inconsistent.

Your high end is decent I suppose but still goes against what we see. Their "average speed" throughout the journey should already be accounted for within the 1/3rd of the day period they have to rest.

@Jvando; by average speed, I don't mean including the times when they weren't travelling towards Suna because of theoretical breaks & resting time, but also when they're not just travelling in a straight line.

We've no idea what terrain exactly they're crossing on their route of hundreds of kilometers. Mountains? Valleys? Deserts? Marshes? Who knows. How often were they going in a purely straight line from A to B? Also unknown.

The calc is already a highball for not taking anything like that into account because there are so many unknown variables.

So, it is definitely possible to wank this even higher but seeing how much unknown we have to work with, it is better to be conservative.

I'm in favour of either the mid end or the high end tbh.

Damage3245 said:
@Jvando; by average speed, I don't mean including the times when they weren't travelling towards Suna because of theoretical breaks & resting time, but also when they're not just travelling in a straight line.
We've no idea what terrain exactly they're crossing on their route of hundreds of kilometers. Mountains? Valleys? Deserts? Marshes? Who knows. How often were they going in a purely straight line from A to B? Also unknown.

The calc is already a highball for not taking anything like that into account because there are so many unknown variables.

So, it is definitely possible to wank this even higher but seeing how much unknown we have to work with, it is better to be conservative.

I'm in favour of either the mid end or the high end tbh.
Terrain is irrelevant, Ninja can cross lakes, scales mountains in seconds, etc.

Rest time has already been factored. You're making this more complicated than it has to be. Ontop of this, you're assuming things that have no basis in the story and trying to combat the context and implications.

Did they rest though or 8 hours? I couldn't find anything about it other than they clearly tired when they arrive Suna but a case could be made than it from heat. Kakashi states It's going take three days to get to the Sand. We'd better hurry. and considering Naruto and his speech in the chapter I don't think he rest that much. They just go while talking and next chapter they are in Suna.

Also, is their speed could be calced in chapter 251/252?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Based on TFO's suggestion. 30 m/s * 52 hours = 5616 kilometers.
So you agree or just stating for the record?

Part 1 Chunin Exams show Naruto and Sakura going 24+ up to 30+ hours before feeling sleepy or needing Water/Food while exerting themselves extensively as children.

@TheFinalOrder; as far as I remember Naruto and Sakura weren't running for 24+ hours straight.

I think I agreed with using the speed of the train and the time spent while train was in motion and subtracting stops obviously to calculate the distance. Which I heard it takes 52 hours of motion time; 60 hours minus the 8 hours spent on breaks?

Damage3245 said:
@TheFinalOrder; as far as I remember Naruto and Sakura weren't running for 24+ hours straight.
That's irrelevant.

Sakura:

• Spent the first 24+ hours awake with no rest, food or Water and setting traps to protect then, one of which included prepping an extremely Large Log.
  • Post 24 hours, had to exert her self in a combat scenario while expending Chakra in doing so.
  • 4th day Exam, spent Majority of the day traveling. All night awake.
  • On the 5th day went straight into Preliminaries with little to no rest and into combat again.
Naruto:

• Traveled all day on the first day.
  • Exerted himself all night (Early Night - Dawn) long against Rain Ninja in combat while maintaining Shadow Clones and Transformation Jutsu.
  • Went straight into Preliminaries with little to no rest and again, had to fight.
So, just going off child Naruto and Sakura, you can cut sleep time down significantly. As well as Eating and Drinking and restroom breaks (Which doesn't take hours). We have.

And in Shippuden, we have tenten statimg hervand her team have been running for Majority of the day. You even see Sakura and Co running all day long heading towards Natuto and co and arriving at FTE speeds (And this is afyer exterting themselves and before she gets the Diamond seal)

With 8 hours of rest. You get two 4 hr breaks or four 2hr30min breaks. Which is enough for Several At Least Superhumans who have demonstrated going 24-30+ hours without it at as children.

I agree with damage and also prefer the conservative factors.

I did the same method for Bleach's Seireitei, although the characters had speeds beyond superhuman and feats of staying up 5-7 days, I still calc'd the distance using 8 hours of rest and walking speed.

Even for Las Noches where I didnt use rest because of the fact that the statement came from someone who doesnt rest, I still used walking speed when everyone was beyond FTE even.

I think TFO's points are valid but overall I am neutral as I understand the need to use conservative factors. That being said, I agree with Damage's high end.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I did the same method for Bleach's Seireitei, although the characters had speeds beyond superhuman and feats of staying up 5-7 days, I still calc'd the distance using 8 hours of rest and walking speed.
Wasn't that more so because the statement for the "X days to get to Y" didn't specifically denote/show them running or something? It's been a while since I last read bleach so a lot of stuff is blank. Forgive me if I'm mistaken

Back