• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan Profile Overhaul

Ok, let's get this out of the way first: The current page for the Doc, is quite frankly, crap. Depending on the context of Death Metal, he might even be 1-A instead of Low 1-C, however I'm not an expert on 1-A stuff so I'll leave that for future discussions. He is, however, missing a whole bunch of abilities that he should definitely have (although there are 2 proposed abilities that I am unsure about and need further input) and his current image sucks as well tbh. Also would like to know if we consider feats from Before Watchmen canon. Dave Gibbons has deemed it non-canon but said Doomsday Clock was so I'm just curious.

- (✓) Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3; Jon has no need for food, sleep or oxygen, this should really be self-explanatory and not even need scans)

-(✓) Immortality (Types 1 and 3; Jon no longer ages and can regenerate from any injury. A little explanation is always good I feel, no matter how obvious)

-(✓) Cosmic Awareness (Jon possesses an understanding of the workings of the universe on a cosmic scale)

-Does he meet the requirements for Nigh-Omniscience? I remember he had Nigh-Omniscient on his page before but it was replaced with "Immensely High"

-(✓) Flight (Again, self-explanatory)

-(✓) Reality Warping (Brought back the Flashpoint timeline even after it was erased and erased 10 years from the timeline, creating the New 52. Is far superior to Mister Mxyzptlk's powers)

-(✓) Existence Erasure (Erased the Flashpoint timeline again and in Doomsday Clock #12, ended everything, which Manhattan foresaw that he would do)

-(✓) Precognition (Jon is able to look into the future, having seen a month, year, century and millennium into it)

-(✓) Matter Manipulation (On the Matter Manip. page, Doctor Manhattan is listed as an example for Macro-Quantum users. He definitely has matter manipulation no matter what but I would really appreciate some scan for this) (Scan needed)

-Some kind of Acausality? (Jon does not experience time normally, instead he experiences the past, present and future simultaneously)

-(✓) Causality Manipulation? (Reset and fixed the Metaverse to how it was before his interference and removed 10 years from the timeline, creating the New 52)

-(✓) Time Travel (Went back in time to save Jor-El from Krypton's destruction)

-(✓) Duplication (Duplicates himself via bio-fission, and divides his consciousness among them)

-(✓) Dimensional Travel (Travelled from his universe to Earth Prime and can travel to other timelines like Flashpoint as well) (Scan needed)

-(✓) Elemental Manipulation (Created a ring of blue fire, produced an oxygen field for Laurie on Mars, created water, and produces electricity with most if not all of his physical actions)

-(✓) Enhanced Senses (Can read atoms, sense tachyons, knew Ozymandias was lying about his cancer with a glance, and heard a heartbeat from Marionette's womb)

-(✓) Transmutation (The Comedian said Jon could have turned the gun into steam, the bullets into mercury or the bottle into snowflakes)

-(✓) Alternate Future Display/Clairvoyance (Viewed a timeline where Jon never experienced the accident and had a long happy life with Janey)

-Time Manipulation (Ray Palmer stated that Jon caused disruptions within the temporal nanostructure of the timeline)

-(✓) Size Manipulation (Can control his size)

-(✓)Telekinesis (Can disassemble objects with his thought and levitated his glass fortress)

-(✓) Intangibility, Water Walking and Surface Scaling (Walks on water and walls and phases through walls)

-(✓) Creation (Jon states he might create life)

-(✓) Forcefield Creation (Created a forcefield to shield Laurie)

-Attack Reflection (Don't have the scan but he made the Shazam Family's lightning backfire on them in Doomsday Clock issue 9, page 26) (Scan needed)

-Regeneration (Low-Godly; Regenerated from being reduced to nothing but his consciousness three separate times, At least Mid-High?)

-(✓) Light Manipulation and Perception Manipulation (By shifting the light color frequency around him, he can make himself look different to others)

-(✓) Life Manipulation (Made plants grow)

-(✓) Power Bestowal (Transferred his powers to Clark Dreiberg and I believe he imbued a portion of his powers into the Mobius Chair)

-(✓) Telepathy (Showed Firestorm this inside his head)

-(✓) Teleportation (Sends an entire crowd away and sends protestors back home)

-(✓) Information Analysis (Instantly analyzed and learned magic after being attacked with it)

-(✓) Magic (Uses magic against the Justice League)

-(✓) Absorption (Absorbed energy from Guy Gardner's ring and later in the fight he absorbed energy from Starfire's attacks as well)

-(✓) Energy Manipulation (Wally West stated that Jon was full of Connective Energy, which is essentially a form of positive cosmic energy, opposite in nature to the negative Crisis energy wielded by beings like Perpetua)

Last edited:
Anyway, this seems fine to apply to me, but Perpetua is likely scaled far too high in her 1-A key, as are various other DC Comics characters, so a 1-A Doctor Manhattan seems exaggerated as well.

I do not remember so well, but this seems rather straightforward to apply.

Besides the 1-A stuff most are the proposed abilites are straightforward enough to apply.

I agree with all the new powers stuff.

1-A Manhattan is because of stuff in the current Death Metal story arc where apparently Wally with Manhattan's powers fought a full-powered Perpetua off-panel and is part of the reason she is currently weakened. And Manhattan is supposed to have absolute power over the "Positive Forces" that make-up the DC Multiverse.

Yeah, I know, but the problem is that Perpetua has never actually been portrayed at anywhere near a 1-A scale. That should be left to discuss in a future content revision thread though.

So Acausality and Causality Manipulation are also valid? Those were the only two that I was unsure of. And if it is Acausality what type is that, 4? Also do we use feats from Before Watchmen as well?

I suppose that it seems fine, except for that I do not think that Perpetua, The Anti-Monitor, World Forget, The Monitor, or Doctor Manhattan are portrayed as anywhere near tier 1-A.

>Reality Warping (Brought back the Flashpoint timeline even after it was erased and erased 10 years from the timeline, creating the New 52. Is far superior to Mister Mxyzptlk's powers)

The first is probably correct but that 1 image doesn't give the full context, idk who's doing that and not even what exactly is going on. We don't need a profile telling that for us while we pretend to give the evidence to the same. Erasing 10 years needs evidence and should likely go as causality manip. I would only add the context of what happened with Mxy.

>Existence Erasure (Erased the Flashpoint timeline again and in Doomsday Clock #12, ended everything)

The wording doesn't make it seem as if he erased that, just that it would destroy itself without him holding it in place and then he stopped holding it. The ended everything is half the context, you then show the rest on your precog proposal, can you add that to the gallery?

>Precognition (Jon is able to look into the future)

Yes, I would put it as "Can see into the future, having seen a month, year, century and millennium into it".

>Some kind of Acausality? (Jon does not experience time normally, instead he experiences the past, present and future simultaneously)

That's no evidence of it., what's he doing there? Seeing the future and time traveling a message back in time? If so then from that to what you claim there's an insane gap. You can get type 1 Acausality with the right image tho.

>Time Travel (Went back in time to save Jor-El from Krypton's destruction)

Well, yes, he clearly did that, but I would prefer evidence directly saying that he did that if there's any.

>Duplication (Duplicates himself via bio-fission, and divides his consciousness among them)

Idk about the bio-fission and consciousness thing but the power is correct.

>Dimensional Travel (Travelled from his universe to Earth Prime and can travel to other timelines like Flashpoint as well)

Yes but evidence would be good.

>Elemental Manipulation (Created a ring of blue fire, produced an oxygen field for Laurie on Mars, created water, and produces electricity with most if not all of his physical actions)

Yes.

>Enhanced Senses (Can read atoms, sense tachyons, knew Ozymandias was lying about his cancer with a glance, and heard a heartbeat from Marionette's womb)

Yes, the first, second and third are also info analysis.

>Transmutation (The Comedian said Jon could have turned the gun into steam, the bullets into mercury or the bottle into snowflakes)

Yes.

>Alternate Future Display (Viewed a timeline where Jon never experienced the accident and had a long happy life with Janey)

Yeah but f*ck that power, it's clairvoyance.

>Time Manipulation (Ray Palmer stated that Jon caused disruptions within the temporal nanostructure of the timeline)

No he didn't, that happened but who did it? It's wrong and lazy to have descriptions lying like this just because it's easier.

>Size Manipulation (Can control his size)

Yes.

>Intangibility, Water Walking and Surface Scaling (Walks on water and walls and phases through walls)

Yes.

>Creation (Jon states he might create life)

Yes.

>Forcefield Creation (Created a forcefield to shield Laurie)

Yes.

>-Attack Reflection (Don't have the scan but he made the Shazam Family's lightning backfire on them in Doomsday Clock issue 9, page 26)

Somebody should bring that.

>Regeneration (Low-Godly; Regenerated from being reduced to nothing but his consciousness three separate times)

The first lacks context, in the second we clearly see smoke, if that's the same as the first time then both aren't Low-Godly. The 3° lacks context too, seriously do you expect people to just see that and believe it? That just lowers the standards of the wiki.

>Light Manipulation and Perception Manipulation (By shifting the light color frequency around him, he can make himself look different to others)

Yes.

>Life Manipulation (Made plants grow)

Yes.

>Power Bestowal (Transferred his powers to Clark Dreiberg and I believe he imbued a portion of his powers into the Mobius Chair)

Yes for the first, we can wair for evidence for the second.

>Telepathy (Showed Firestorm this inside his head)

Works but there may be a missing image showing it was inside his head.

>Teleportation (Sends an entire crowd away and sends protestors back home)

Yes.

>Information Analysis (Instantly analyzed and learned magic after being attacked with it)

Yes.

>Absorption (Absorbed energy from Guy Gardner's ring and later in the fight he absorbed energy from Starfire's attacks as well)

I don't think he did that on the first image, maybe he just made it shine while trying to do something to it, not necessarily absorbing it. You had the evidence for the second right above.

>Energy Manipulation (Wally West stated that Jon was full of Connective Energy, which is essentially a form of positive cosmic energy, opposite in nature to the negative Crisis energy wielded by beings like Perpetua)

We can wait for the evidence.

What Eficiente has accepted can probably be applied. Thank you for helping out.

From I what I said I kinda want to downgrade his regen to Mid-High as his accident apparently left him as smoke. The regen was upgraded to Low-Godly due to a private conversation after a video from the Imaginary Axis talking about the character and basically saying it had that power. That was not all that bad but smoke is smoke and evidence should have been added.

Last edited:
Okay. Understood. We need more input for that though.

From I what I said I kinda want to downgrade his regen to Mid-High as his accident apparently left him as smoke. The regen was upgraded to Low-Godly due to a private conversation after a video from the Imaginary Axis talking about the character and basically saying it had that power. That was not all that bad but smoke is smoke and evidence should have been added.
I'm not sure but an alternate batman who applied the experiment that turned Jon into Doc, and the result was the same, where it is explained that molecule by molecule was regenerated, I don't know if that helps to Regen revision

I understand about the regen part and I have adjusted the sandbox accordingly to the majority of your suggestions. At least Mid-High for regen works? The first scan's context basically just says there was nothing to bury and the one where he blows up from the JLA's attacks doesn't show any smoke or anything, just him blowing up then regenerating again.

For Acausality I was never certain about it, but if anyone else gives input as well I am open to it, because some on this thread seems like they're ok with it.

In the telepathy scan, Ronnie literally says "Get out of my head"

For absorption, I assumed he drained the Lantern ring because Guy reverts back to civilian clothing which happens only when the Ring runs out of energy IIRC. And yeah the magic drain works as evidence as well.

The time manipulation scan is from the very first issue of Rebirth I believe, where Dr. Manhattan is hinted at throughout the issue, so I assumed Ray was talking about him. This issue about the temporal nanostructure was never brought up again or resolved in future issues afaik but then again I don't follow Atom comics so who knows.

Last edited:
I'm not sure but an alternate batman who applied the experiment that turned Jon into Doc, and the result was the same, where it is explained that molecule by molecule was regenerated, I don't know if that helps to Regen revision
Problem is, that's not technically wrong, he sure did so molecule by molecule. But what was he when starting to do that?

@LordUrien935 Ok, I'm just making sure to have everything done well and on a way worth being copied by other users when they do stuff.

Can you put a "(✓)" before everything accepted in the OP? Maybe it's me, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything on the new forum.

Last edited:
Good, I think someone should unlock you the profile so that you may add those powers.

Eficiente:

This page helps you to appropriately adjust your user settings for notifications:

I will give Urien editing rights, and unlock the Doctor Manhattan profile.

Actually, how do we treat Manhattan's durability? Guy Gardner snapped his neck and the JLA blew him up with a concentrated attack

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

Can you link to your sandbox please?

Anyway, he should probably get unknown durability and striking strength, yes.

Last question I have is do we consider Before Watchmen feats canon? If we do he gets some additional scans and keeps his Omnipresent across space-time but if not...

The blog summary seems fine, but the image needs to be rendered first.

I do not know if Before Watchmen is canon or not.

Back