• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan Profile Overhaul

Ok, I will try to render it myself.

Dave Gibbons said Before Watchmen was non-canon but gave Doomsday Clock his blessings so I was just curious.

I just wanted to ask first-

Since he's not interfering with people's perceptions directly but instead ******* around with light to make a false appearance, wouldn't that fit better as illusion creation?

Not entirely sure but asking doesn't hurt.

I actually put it as Illusion Creation first before changing to Perception Manipulation. We'll see what others say.

Ok, looks like I should change it to Illusion Creation instead?

I've been planning to make a Doctor Manhattan revision thread for quite some time. I'll seize my opportunity here (I see there's still some powers missing)

Deconstruction (no-brainer, it's his main method of attack)

BFR (Remotely teleported Laurie to California while attending a funeral in New York City)

Plant Manipulation (Made plants grow. Same reasoning for Life Manipulation)

Here's some more evidence for his Acausality (Experiences first-hand the reboots in DC Continuity and yet he remains unaffected)

Last edited:
It should be regeneration (at least mid high possibly high) because an alternate batman with Doc's powers could rebuild himself molecule by molecule

Actually Dr. Manhattan can be 1-A or at least Low 1-C, possibly 1-A. It was stated he's brimming with Connective Energy. This energy is born from The God itself and is used to create Multiverses throughout the Void. We know that the main Multiverse contains 1-A realms like Limbo and the Monitor Sphere, so we obviously can scale from that.

Well, the problem is that DC Comics scaling for cosmic entities is currently a mess, and recurrently greatly exaggerated, due to us mixing up incompatible different versions of the cosmology with each other.

@Firestorm808 @Eficiente and a few other members were supposed to investigate what we can do about the problem.

There isn't any contradiction between Morrison and Scott Snyder's Cosmology. Scott Snyder even uses Map of the Multiverse for his cosmology. Morrison's Cosmology has 1-A realms like Limbo which is basically a Void that has no space and time and is where the DC Multiverse and dimensions are stop. There's also the Monitor Sphere which is an archetypal world that transcends Limbo.

As far as I understand, Morrison uses an 11-dimensional cosmology, whereas our 1-A tiers are based on other writers.

Regardless, given that we haven't revised the tiers yet, Doctor Manhattan seems to scale from Perpetua, or at least Perpetua within the multiverse.

Morrison uses concepts from String Theory but he never limited the entire multiverse to 11 dimensions. Also realms like Limbo and the Monitor Sphere has nothing to do with String Theory, for example the Monitor Sphere is an archetypal realm which was made out of the thoughts of the Overvoid, Limbo is a literal world of memory etc.

We should scale him from Perpetua's true form because he has Connective Energy which is opposite of Crisis Energy which was used by Perpetua to create main DC Multiverse. I think at least Low 1-C, possibly 1-A is good for now.

For now, I suppose, but the cosmic entities are largely not portrayed at anywhere near a 1-A scale, so they need to be revised at a later date.

From what I recall PrinceOfTheMorning talked with me about that he thinks that we are mixing different system, and making an unreliable mess. He quit because he considered our DC Comics profiles to be of so thoroughly awful unreliability that he would need several hundred hours to fix them. It is very unfortunate that he left the wiki, as he was a great resource,

Wow, i didn't know that. Then we need a big CRT to revise stats of high-tier cosmic beings, but for now we can use at least Low 1-C, possibly 1-A.

Yes. I have asked some knowledgeable members for help with correcting the scaling, but Sandman31, PrinceOfTheMorning, and ClassicNESfan are missing, and they were our most knowledgeable members in this area.

Anyway, there is nothing to do about it right now, so in lack of better options, I suppose that Manhattan scales from Perpetua.

That is probably fine, but he is physically quite vulnerable in comparison, so his durability and striking strength do not scale.

So is some experienced member willing to add the accepted changes to the Doctor Manhattan page?

I have some experience with editing profiles (i've edited some DC/Vertigo profiles in the past), so if someone else doesn't, i can do it.

Last edited:
Okay. I will give you editing rights. Tell me here when you are done.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

Btw: Here is further information about our current scaling from a reply in this thread:

"I think we can't mix these cosmologies as they are completely different from each other.

▪ Grant Morrison's Cosmology is based on 11-dimensional M theory and according to his cosmology Monitors are superior to The Endless, angels and The Presence.

▪ Neil Gaiman doesn't use higher infinites and in his cosmology the god tiers are The Endless, angels and The Presence.

▪ J.M. DeMatteis doesn't use higher infinities either, he sees creation as a collection of infinite universes. In his cosmology the god tiers are The Presence, Pralaya and angels.

▪ Scott Snyders's Cosmology is totally different from other cosmologies. In his cosmology there are infinite multiverses which were created by Super Celestials, and The Presence / Source is above everything. Also Snyder doesn't use higher dimensions as higher infinities (only Grant Morrison treats them as such) his "dimensions" are only planes of existence.

▪ Also there is Mike Carey's Cosmology. His cosmology is like Neil Gaiman's cosmology but there are important differences. For example in Neil Gaiman's cosmology Silver City isn't heaven and it predates all of creation and time. I can give more examples but it's enough I think."

It should be good now.

Btw: Here is further information about our current scaling from a reply in this thread:

Actually "higher dimensions = higher infinities" thing is very consistent in DC Comics. Grant Morrison isn't the only one using this concept. Not every writer has to make this clear in his own series.

Grant Morrison uses some concepts from String Theory but his entire cosmology isn't based on String Theory. There are realms like Limbo which is basically a Void that doesn't have any space, time or stories and is the last outpost of the DCU, and the Monitor Sphere which is an archetypal world beyond the DCU and was made out of the thoughts of the Overvoid.

Scott Snyder's cosmology isn't totally different from the others. He even uses Map of the Multiverse for his cosmology and there isn't many contradictions between his and Morrison's cosmology.

Doctor Manhattan has never demonstrated speed on anywhere near that level, and his physical lifting strength has not been demonstrated to be anywhere near that scale either.

I extremely strongly disagree about that the cosmologies of the mentioned different writers fit together properly, but that is a discussion for another time.

Should I close this thread?

Also, thank you for helping out Firestorm808.

Doctor Manhattan has never demonstrated speed on anywhere near that level, and his physical lifting strength has not been demonstrated to be anywhere near that scale either.
Doesn't any 1-A character should have Irrelevant LS and Speed? If not then okay.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. It depends on the mechanics of the verse. Doctor Manhattan is portrayed as a physical being with great power, not as a truly transcendental entity in himself.

Last edited:
Back