• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Clef vs Tricky the Clown

Tricky only amps to blitz people if he gets injured enough, The Atomic Revolver will either kill or more or so incap Tricky before he amps himself to such speeds, and if he even as touches Clef with CQC he will get corrupted with converting him into Dr. Clef.

Tricky only amps to blitz people if he gets injured enough, The Atomic Revolver will either kill or more or so incap Tricky before he amps himself to such speeds, and if he even as touches Clef with CQC he will get corrupted with converting him into Dr. Clef.
The higher powers will come into effect if he's incapped.

Corruption doesn't seem like he uses it in combat.

It was implied that Dr. Clef's iteration was killed during a raid so I think it can

Also what do you mean by higher powers?
'it can' and 'will' are two different things. has he ever shown to actually corrupt someone in combat?

his type 8 immortality resurrections.

'it can' and 'will' are two different things. has he ever shown to actually corrupt someone in combat?

his type 8 immortality resurrections.
They are more so legends that are passed on to his targets, such as the case with Agent Surthers.

The resurrection is mostly unusable and even if it was he'd be quickly incapped and therefore not dead

If clef uses that once on him , tricky will amp to blitz. That’s literally his worst option in this situation.
The amp wouldn't happen instantly, the arena is too small for Tricky to use it to his advantage, I wonder what Shapeshifting would do here.

The amp wouldn't happen instantly, the arena is too small for Tricky to use it to his advantage, I wonder what Shapeshifting would do here.
Oh yes he can do it instantly. Every time someone pisses him off and he amps to blitz, he hits those speeds INSTANTLY.

Oh yes he can do it instantly. Every time someone pisses him off and he amps to blitz, he hits those speeds INSTANTLY.
The platform would be too small for him to carry out his actions, it would be more of a gradual increase then fully hitting those speeds, Clef could just teleport away from a short distance, and yes it is combat applicable.

The platform would be too small for him to carry out his actions, it would be more of a gradual increase then fully hitting those speeds, Clef could just teleport away from a short distance, and yes it is combat applicable.
What?

Tricky doesn't need to move and build up the speed. he just has to go at the speed. Clef can't teleport away if he hasn't even perceived tricky moving yet before being punched the shit out of.

Tricky doesn't need to move and build up the speed. he just has to go at the speed. Clef can't teleport away if he hasn't even perceived tricky moving yet before being punched the shit out of.
Forgot to say its thought based meaning passive, He'd go at the speed but it would not be instant, Tricky touches him once and he's corrupted.

Forgot to say its thought based meaning passive, He'd go at the speed but it would not be instant, Tricky touches him once and he's corrupted.
Touch based?

"Excellent. In the briefcase before you are all the necessary documents needed to become Dr. Clef. From this point onward, Agent Jason Suthers died in an Insurgent raid. Remove the bandages, take the documents, read them, and destroy them afterward."

Tearing at the bandages over his head, he looked at the monitor viewing his room. It was the same, except the man sitting in it had a bright red tomato where his head would normally be. He felt the bulbous nose and grinned, feeling the corners of his mouth reaching up towards his ears. And while it was Agent Suthers that was first brought into the room, out of it walked Dr. Alto H. Clef, Father of Lies.

Doesn't sound very 'touch based' to me. sounds like an outside force is required to even do this corruption, and they only do it AFTER clef dies, so no. Clef can't even use it himself.

Last edited:
Touch based?

Doesn't sound very 'touch based' to me. sounds like an outside force is required to even do this corruption, and they only do it AFTER clef dies, so no. Clef can't even use it himself.
Then it's better for Clef, it's not really an outside force considering the nature of Clef's persona as a lying reality warper, so he still can use it, if Tricky does kill him, which is difficult.

Then it's better for Clef, it's not really an outside force considering the nature of Clef's persona as a lying reality warper, so he still can use it, if Tricky does kill him, which is difficult.
No that isn't better for him.

It means it's outside help, meaning he can't even use it here. It's not combat applicable. Corruption is not a factor here.

No that isn't better for him.

It means it's outside help, meaning he can't even use it here. It's not combat applicable. Corruption is not a factor here.
As I said, considering his nature, it isn't any type of outside force as he would use it if given the chance due to him being a slimy cunning liar who often lies about the legends he spews.

As I said, considering his nature, it isn't any type of outside force as he would use it if given the chance due to him being a slimy cunning liar who often lies about the legends he spews.
How is he supposed to use it? the documents that are required to use the corruption are destroyed after each corruption, so unless Clef pulls a printer out of his ass and starts making new ones while he's getting ripped apart by a clown, Clef doesn't even have the necessary stuff to even do that.

It's not applicable here.

How is he supposed to use it? the documents that are required to use the corruption are destroyed after each corruption, so unless Clef pulls a printer out of his ass and starts making new ones while he's getting ripped apart by a clown, Clef doesn't even have the necessary stuff to even do that.

It's not applicable here.
He can use his reality warp to make it happen, Tricky aint touching Clef's passive TP either way.

He can use his reality warp to make it happen, Tricky aint touching Clef's passive TP either way.
Really? show me an example of him using his reality warping SPECIFICALLY to corrupt another person into himself.

Where is his passive teleportation? i dont see that on his page, only regular teleportation with equipment. that's also contradicted by the fact he's been hit before, and killed in cases. there's zero way he has passive teleportation and still gets hit on the regular.

Really? show me an example of him using his reality warping SPECIFICALLY to corrupt another person into himself.
Forgot to say that Clef fought and negated SCP-239 who has Low Godly regen and killed her so how does Tricky counter that.

Where is his passive teleportation? i dont see that on his page, only regular teleportation with equipment. that's also contradicted by the fact he's been hit before, and killed in cases. there's zero way he has passive teleportation and still gets hit on the regular.
That's because its mostly contradicted by other articles since there obviously isn't a canon to begin with.

The regen is based on SCP-239 coming back from nonexistence, How can Tricky come back from that level of negation?
Because, again, he doesn't have regeneration. he'd need to neg type 4 and 8 immortality, which im not seeing immortality negation 4 or 8 on his page.
The no-canon argument again.
If it's depicted that it's not passive most of the time, why would it be here?

Because, again, he doesn't have regeneration. he'd need to neg type 4 and 8 immortality, which im not seeing immortality negation 4 or 8 on his page
You haven't answered how simple resurrection and type 8 immortality can counter nonexistence immortality negation.

If it's depicted that it's not passive most of the time, why would it be here?
That doesn't mean it isn't true in some cases.

I still think Clef would win with his fight-based regen and can kill SCP-239 who's able to exist in a state of total nonexistence.

It isn't more so regen, she just came back from nonexistence after becoming someone with NEP type 2, and Clef can kill them permanently.
You fluctuate from calling it regeneration and immortality. if someone comes back from non-existence, that's regeneration. he negged regeneration, not immortality (he wouldn't have even negged the right kind anyways, negging type 3 doesn't cover type 8)
In this case, it will be since exceptions can exist against rules.
No, it wont, if it's almost never passive it's not passive here.

You fluctuate from calling it regeneration and immortality. if someone comes back from non-existence, that's regeneration. he negged regeneration, not immortality (he wouldn't have even negged the right kind anyways, negging type 3 doesn't cover type 8)
Resurrection at base is basically Low Godly regen with steps, I fail to see the distinction here that you're providing.

No, it wont, if it's almost never passive it's not passive here.
Reality Warping is passive here so it will indeed be active most of the time.

Resurrection at base is basically Low Godly regen with steps, I fail to see the distinction here that you're providing.
Immortality and Regeneration are two different abilities.

negging regeneration doesn't mean you can neg any sort of immortality. Clef can't neg his type 4 or 8. and assuming he could neg his resurrection, that still doesn't cover his type 8 meaning he can come back.
Reality Warping is passive here so it will indeed be active most of the time.
Reality warping and teleportation are two different abilities. not relevant.

Immortality and Regeneration are two different abilities.

negging regeneration doesn't mean you can neg any sort of immortality. Clef can't neg his type 4 or 8. and assuming he could neg his resurrection, that still doesn't cover his type 8 meaning he can come back.
Oh forgot to mention, Clef can kill SCP-239, who has type 1 NEP by embodying it.

Reality warping and teleportation are two different abilities. not relevant.
TP is based on RW, still relevant.

Oh forgot to mention, Clef can kill SCP-239, who has type 1 NEP by embodying it.
Okay at this point i just gotta ask how is that relevant?

Give me a feat of him negging immortality, NOT A COMPLETELY UNRELATED ABILITY. regeneration, non-existant physiology, and anything of the sorts are in no way related to the immortalities tricky has. if you can't find a feat of him negging type 4 AND 8 immortality they will work as intended.
TP is based on RW, still relevant.
Clef is almost never shown to have passive teleportation. you are trying to say that it'd be passive here despite the fact in all his appearances (besides the one) doesn't have this ability passive, it should be passive here? i dont think i need to spell out why that's wrong.

Okay at this point i just gotta ask how is that relevant?

Give me a feat of him negging immortality, NOT A COMPLETELY UNRELATED ABILITY. regeneration, non-existant physiology, and anything of the sorts are in no way related to the immortalities tricky has. if you can't find a feat of him negging type 4 AND 8 immortality they will work as intended.
Why wouldn't it be? if Clef can kill even NEP type 1 characters how is Tricky gonna get resurrected from that, he hasn't shown feats of resurrecting from nonexistence, show me the evidence then, relevance doesn't matter here it's the potency.

Clef is almost never shown to have passive teleportation. you are trying to say that it'd be passive here despite the fact in all his appearances (besides the one) doesn't have this ability passive, it should be passive here? i dont think i need to spell out why that's wrong.
Completely misrepresented what I said, Clef's teleportation is based on his passive reality warp, it still is right.

Back