• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Clef vs Tricky the Clown

Why wouldn't it be? if Clef can kill even NEP type 1 characters how is Tricky gonna get resurrected from that, he hasn't shown feats of resurrecting from nonexistence, show me the evidence then, relevance doesn't matter here it's the potency.
Negging NEP isn't existence erasure wtf???

until you show feats of him negging SPECIFICALLY Immortality type 4 and 8 (and not an unrelated ability like you just did) he will resurrect. i've repeated this task 3 times now, and you've failed to do so, which makes me believe he has never negged those immortalities.
Completely misrepresented what I said, Clef's teleportation is based on his passive reality warp, it still is right.
Saying 'its passive tho' isn't a counter-argument to the fact he's been hit and at times killed in all his other tales, and one exception to this doesn't make that the default, when it actively conflicts with every other appearance of clef.

Negging NEP isn't existence erasure wtf???

until you show feats of him negging SPECIFICALLY Immortality type 4 and 8 (and not an unrelated ability like you just did) he will resurrect. i've repeated this task 3 times now, and you've failed to do so, which makes me believe he has never negged those immortalities.
When did I say existence erasure? you also seem to ignore the obvious feat of killing NEP type 1 and have yet to also show me any similar feats of Tricky using his immortalities to even resurrect from that, Clef doesn't need to neg them.

Saying 'its passive tho' isn't a counter-argument to the fact he's been hit and at times killed in all his other tales, and one exception to this doesn't make that the default, when it actively conflicts with every other appearance of clef.
Those tales are when he'd be a reality sink and not really his anchor one.

When did I say existence erasure? you also seem to ignore the obvious feat of killing NEP type 1 and have yet to also show me any similar feats of Tricky using his immortalities to even resurrect from that, Clef doesn't need to neg them.
I didn't think i need to explain this, but i guess i do

him negating someone's Non-existant physiology, doesn't mean he can neg immortality based on resurrection. they aren't related at all. he can resurrect because if clef kills tricky he's not just gonna pop out of existence. he'll still be there. Nothing is stopping him from resurrecting. you have the burden of proof here to prove that Clef could neg Immortality types 4 and 8. despite this you have failed at even hinting at the chances he could neg it by using feats of him negging... completely unrelated abilities to immortality or resurrection. do me a favor and come back when you genuinely have feats of clef negging IMMORTALITY types 4 AND 8. anything else is just taking this thread off topic.
Those tales are when he'd be a reality sink and not really his anchor one.
all the tales you linked here didn't have this passive teleportation though. so why weren't they passive there? spoiler alert; it's because it isn't.

I didn't think i need to explain this, but i guess i do

him negating someone's Non-existant physiology, doesn't mean he can neg immortality based on resurrection. they aren't related at all. he can resurrect because if clef kills tricky he's not just gonna pop out of existence. he'll still be there. Nothing is stopping him from resurrecting. you have the burden of proof here to prove that Clef could neg Immortality types 4 and 8. despite this you have failed at even hinting at the chances he could neg it by using feats of him negging... completely unrelated abilities to immortality or resurrection

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else
Regeneration at this godly level is indirectly “self-resurrection”. Resurrection and Regeneration are both subjected to the same standards on VSBW, so it doesn't change much at that point. Even a person that gets cut into pieces is technically “dead”. That is purely perspective based. Clef killed someone who can come back from and embodies nonexistence while Tricky in all its forms hasn't even come back from that type of feat. The Higher powers are indeed based on a supernatural medium, something Clef passively negates.

all the tales you linked here didn't have this passive teleportation though. so why weren't they passive there? spoiler alert; it's because it isn't.
Because Clef didn't mainly use it since he had other abilities in his reality warping arsonal?

His teleportation is not passive unless there are feats for teleporting specifically being passive.

His teleportation is not passive unless there are feats for teleporting specifically being passive.
I think at this point it would be redundant as Tricky also has Teleportation. But I still firmly believe Clef takes this due to negging supernatural phenomena including reality warping which would mean the Higher Orders would also be nullified.

Last edited:
Back