• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Fighter Z Downgrade

In short, there is no evidence that the game's storymode scales to the anime nor its feats.
The only "evidence" of this i've seen was that the anime was being aired around the same time FighterZ was released. And correct me if i am wrong, but we do not usually allow crossover or alternate continuity versions of characters to scale to other materials from the past that might rise their tiering without proper evidence.
(Also this might not have even happened the same as the anime or manga since Cell never mentions the Solar System in his dramatic finish against Gohan, implying that is just the way the cell games ended in the FighterZ timeline.)

From stage transitions and other material that is present on the fighterz storymode, i propose that both of Android 21's tierings to be reduced to "At least High 6-A, possibly higher".

• Frieza references Piccolo's sacrifice, and Piccolo mentions that he and Gohan have been training since Frieza's invasion, both of which only apply to the Super anime.
  • Gohan and Cell speak to each other in a passive-aggressive manner, Cell references Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 transformation, and Gohan references Goku's sacrifice so yeah, the Cell Games played out as it did originally.
  • Goku calls back to his fight with Beerus and the training he did on Whis' planet, Frieza mentions that he spotted Beerus on Earth during his invasion and Goku's Super Saiyan Blue form, calling it ridiculous which is something he only did in the anime.
  • The interview about the game confirms that the story does take place after the story of Dragon Ball Z, so you can't claim "Hurr durr, this version of Dragon Ball is different than the original".

"Also this might not have even happened the same as the anime or manga since Cell never mentions the Solar System in his dramatic finish against Gohan, implying that is just the way the cell games ended in the FighterZ timeline."
"The only "evidence" of this i've seen was that the anime was being aired around the same time FighterZ was released."
I would continue but really, this is all I need.

Actually, while we're here, what evidence is there to support the idea that concealed Android 21 scales above Super Perfect Cell other than the "her potential surpasses Cell's" statement. If I recall correctly, Android 21 was having trouble fighting against a Perfect Cell whose power was suppressed by the Wave Machine.

It’s pretty obvious that DBFZ scales to DBS, but shouldn’t it also scale to Toei DBZ since that’s what we use for the video games?

Well, the Wiki currently considers the Super anime to be connected to the manga, for some reason.
I still think it should be connected to DB Kai tbh

But even with the games that include DBS content, like XV2 and Legends, we use Toei DBZ for the scaling.

Back