• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Morality Control Additions and Resistances

Quibster

She/Her
I was overlooking Vegeta's profile, and noticed that he didn't have Resistance to Morality Manipulation Type 1, and that Babidi didn't have Morality Manipulation.

In Dragon Ball Z Kai, Babidi was commanding Vegeta to kill Son Goku. Wouldn't that fall under the catagory of Morality Control? Vegeta also resisted said Morality Control through sheer willpower.

Anyways, please discuss this amoungst yourselves. I'm curious if we can apply these to the Following...

Morality Control Type 1 Babidi via commanding Vegeta to kill Son Goku

Resistance to Morality Control Type 1 Vegeta via resisting Babidi's Morality Control Type 1. Babidi states that he has "control of every fiber in Vegeta's body". Wouldn't this apply to Vegeta's brain? I mean, there's a big-fat M on Majin Vegeta's Forehead. I'm pretty sure Babidi would have total control over that area with his magic. Vegeta didn't want to kill Son Goku right off the bat. Resisting Babidi's magic command proves this. He wanted to fight Goku and show him how powerful he had become before finishing him off. After all, he has his famous "Saiyan Pride" that he has to show off.

And Resistance to Morality Control Type 1 Gogeta (Dragon Ball Super) via fusee knowledge and experience.

I hope this doesn't turn toxic, most DB CRTs usually do.

It's listed as Mind Control on the profile:

"Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Vegeta was able to overpower Babidi's hold on his mind through sheer willpower)"

So it's already there, but if you think that Morality Manipulation Type 1 is a better fit for the ability and want to switch abilities and names, than I guess you could do that.

I don't think it's really neccesary, tbh,

Also, ending with a negative thought like that just breeds the toxicity that you don't want. You should go into every CRT with an optimistic outlook, not apprehensive.

Thanks for the input.

Making CRTs for well-renowned and famous versus is risky.

I guess you're right when it comes to having an optimistic outlook.

However, I would like to see all three profiles to specify what kind of mind-based resistances/abilities the characters have. It would clear up a ton of confusion.

Reason I made this thread was because I made a Gogeta vs Giygas thread a while back, and Gogeta got "stomped" because he couldn't resist being Giygas' servant. Making this change would give Giygas either a win, or incon. He desperately needs either.

I tried to argue that abstracts can die if their concepts/universe gets destroyed, heck, it's even under "Limitations" of the Abstract Existence profile.

What does Babidi's mind control do in general? Let's first define that and sail from there.

Also, you gotta rme really potencies. Babidi doesn't really mind control a lot of people, while Giygas might have affected a metric ton. By consequence, it would still be a stomp.

Can't Gogeta resist on a Low Multiversal level? (Scaling from his AP), or at the very least, on a Universal/Universal+ Level?

No. His bigger AP has literally nothing to do with his degree of resistance. AP and mins resistance, like, don't even correlate in anyway.

Is it safe to assume that the resistance to Mind Manipulation is stronger since Vegeta has improved post Z Kai?

Anyways, aside from Gogeta vs Giygas

Are these changes possible?

What do you guys think?

Nop, since Mind Manio resistance isn't something we just assume you improve over time unless it is directly or indirectly stated.

Example, in Naruto it is derived from fine control of chakra. Sakura js way weaker than Naruto, but she has much better resistance in most keys due to this simple fact. Since she has to make her fine control waaaay better in Shippuden, we can say it's gotten way better as well, even though we can't assign a specific number to it.

In DBZ, there's no connection given to the improvement of mind manip stuff, beyond being related to his pride maybe? But that isn't really something you 'improve' nor has a direct correlation to the resistance. It really can't be used.

Check his powers on his first Key. Planetary, normally rouses people's negative emotions or just makes them into Servants.

But later you see it works even on gentle or pure hearted people like Ness.

Did his Majin Mark change anything in Vegeta, then? Besides making him more powerful.

And yeah, in that case Giygas still destroys Gogeta by pure passive mind hax.

I fully agree with this, since it is completely true Badibi also has morality and empathic manip. Also, why do you say this happened on Kai? I'm 100% sure it's exactly like that on the original.

Actually read my comment carefully, please. Like, all of it. Babidi has never been shown affecting more than a handful of people. Giygas is planet wide, many billions of times stronger, and passive. This was even before he was unsealed.

Also, like I said, it was shown to work later even on gentle and pure hearted people like Ness.

I'd feel much moe comfortable having someone else do the edits.

Preferably a DB verse contributor?

Edit: I'd rather not make a mistake while editing these major profiles.

It's mind manipulation. Not morality. Babidi clearly manipulates their mind to make them his servants and keep them under his control, that means they do whatever he tells them to do. Morality is the subset of mind manipulation which only changes the morality of characters to make them join the user.

Back