• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

A saiyan grows stronger every time he fights and can improve in the midst of combat, vastly increasing in strength whenever he's mortally injured

Going through hit's DBS scenes again I believe I understand how his time skips works

First, when he activates it, he transfers time from the normal world to his Pocket dimension, from within the perspective of this dimension, time outside is frozen, allowing him move to an advantageous position while inside it, but he can't physically attack until he comes out in which case, time moves normally for him again and the opponent can react. His 0.1,0.2, 0.5 second limit is the maximum time he can move within his pocket reality at a time before having to come out

Against Goku, he then advanced his timeskip to the point that the background turned RED, this is important for later

After the U6 VS U7 arc, hit showed more of his timeskip, he didn't seem to have a particular limit, and he now showcased the ability to freely bring others into his Pocket dimension. Also the red background was shown here again, and hit could freely interact with whomever he wanted. In the same video, hit blatantly says that time has indeed stopped for them, this is what he did to Goku, in his very last on panel evolution (red background, Goku frozen in time)

In his rematch against Goku, we see even more adaptations of timeskip displayed, hit can stay on his pocket dimension as long as he wants, he can create ghost phantoms in the real world which throws off most sensing, and most likely removed the initial weakness of people with AP predicting what hed do based on his movements - although Goku and Jiren's AP was advanced enough to still react just fine, he could also freely attack without having to leave by attacking directly from his dimension. When Goku broke his dimension (around 2:50), you can see rhr background was red again, signalling that time should be stopped , and you can see Goku's aura cracking through it, showing it's ignoring the time stop

Basically hit doesn't travel to the future, he simply moves within his dimension to different points in the real world and comes out, in his perspective he moves 0.1s, in everyone's perspective he appeared at a new place, because for them, time stopped, basically making it seem like time travel

I think Luffy gave a lot of scans about the timeskip being able to stop time, Vados simply corrected the notion that time skip just stops time, it does a lot more, with one consequence being that time stops from his perspective when in his dimension

Going through hit's DBS scenes again I believe I understand how his time skips works

First, when he activates it, he transfers time from the normal world to his Pocket dimension, from within the perspective of this dimension, time outside is frozen, allowing him move to an advantageous position while inside it, but he can't physically attack until he comes out in which case, time moves normally for him again and the opponent can react. His 0.1,0.2, 0.5 second limit is the maximum time he can move within his pocket reality at a time before having to come out

Against Goku, he then advanced his timeskip to the point that the background turned RED, this is important for later

After the U6 VS U7 arc, hit showed more of his timeskip, he didn't seem to have a particular limit, and he now showcased the ability to freely bring others into his Pocket dimension. Also the red background was shown here again, and hit could freely interact with whomever he wanted. In the same video, hit blatantly says that time has indeed stopped for them, this is what he did to Goku, in his very last on panel evolution (red background, Goku frozen in time)

In his rematch against Goku, we see even more adaptations of timeskip displayed, hit can stay on his pocket dimension as long as he wants, he can create ghost phantoms in the real world which throws off most sensing, and most likely removed the initial weakness of people with AP predicting what hed do based on his movements - although Goku and Jiren's AP was advanced enough to still react just fine, he could also freely attack without having to leave by attacking directly from his dimension. When Goku broke his dimension (around 2:50), you can see rhr background was red again, signalling that time should be stopped , and you can see Goku's aura cracking through it, showing it's ignoring the time stop

Basically hit doesn't travel to the future, he simply moves within his dimension to different points in the real world and comes out, in his perspective he moves 0.1s, in everyone's perspective he appeared at a new place, because for them, time stopped, basically making it seem like time travel

I think Luffy gave a lot of scans about the timeskip being able to stop time, Vados simply corrected the notion that time skip just stops time, it does a lot more, with one consequence being that time stops from his perspective when in his dimension
My problem with this idea is that this dimension simply didn’t exist in U6vU7, because, according to Hit himself, he’s never needed more than basic Time Skip to win fights and thus never cultivated the power beyond that, and only started doing so BECAUSE he fought Goku. (Meaning this mechanic simply couldn’t have existed in that Tournament.)

Last edited:
My problem with this idea is that this dimension simply didn’t exist in U6vU7, because, according to Hit himself, he’s never needed more than basic Time Skip to win fights and thus never cultivated the power beyond that, and only started doing so BECAUSE he fought Goku. (Meaning this mechanic simply couldn’t have existed in that Tournament.)
This, in addition to the hit dimension in the rematch, is recognized as a new time skip ability By hit and goku

There are definitely inconsistencies with the technique tbh, but when vados explained his abilities, she asked Champa why he thought it was called timeskip and then explained why it's called that, and this included the dimension, meaning it was always part of it, it could be that hit could only use the basic version of timeskip at first, but there was definitely a slight alteration in his his ability works

Funny how the only in-universe explanations of Time-Skip,—like "時間を飛んでいるのです" ("time" + indicates an area traversed + to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hop; "leap through time"), as per the words of Vados, an Angel (i.e., time travel experts)—are completely ignored in favor of tertiary canon webpage promotional material.
Isn't vados the same one that explained why it was called timeskip?
Hit manipulates time as Whis noted but I don't remember when hit was stated to fly through time, when did Vados say that?

Hit manipulates time as Whis noted but I don't remember when hit was stated to fly through time, when did Vados say that?
Episode 72 (14:09).
this included the dimension, meaning it was always part of it
(ヴァドス)ヒットの技がなぜ 時とばしと呼ばれるか―ご存じですか?
(シャンパ)時間を止められるからだろ?
(ヴァドス)彼は時間を止めているのではありません正確には 時間を飛んでいるのです
(シャンパ)時間を飛ぶって何?
(ヴァドス)そして ヒットは飛ばした時間をためることができるのです
(シャンパ)だから それ 何?
(ヴァドス)さらに ためた時間で別の空間つまり パラレルワールドをつくり―そこへ自由に移動することができるのです
目には見えても触れることができないのはそのためです

Vados: "Do you know why Hit's technique is called "Time-Skip"?"
Champa: "Is it because he stops time?"
Vados: "To be exact, he isn't stopping time, he is jumping through time."
Champa: "What does 'jumping through time' mean?"
Vados: "And,* Hit is able to accumulate the time he skips."
Champa: "Yes, but what [does that mean]?"
Vados: "Furthermore, he can use that time he saves up to generate separate space,—a "parallel world" of sorts,—in which he can maneuver freely."
Vados (cont.): "That is why he can be seen but cannot be touched."
The definition of そして ("soshite") includes "and; and then; thus; and now; and finally", but, per the words of Kanagawa University, japaneseprofessor.com, jtest4you, George Trombley of FromZero (formerly YesJapan), Hasisi of HiNative, and JLPTsensei, a simple "and" is the most common use case.
I can understand your point.
But, odds are that Hit never used the Tides of Time during the Tournament of Destroyers, if he even had the capacity.

He was strictly forbidden from killing, and the Tides of Time is the basis for Hit's sure-to-kill assassin technique: the Time Release. Plus, the Tides of Time grants complete intangibility, whereas, during the Tournament of Destroyers, Hit was forced numerous times to evade incoming attacks, and only by a hair.

He was strictly forbidden from killing, and the Tides of Time is the basis for Hit's sure-to-kill assassin technique: the Time Release. Plus, the Tides of Time grants complete intangibility, whereas, during the Tournament of Destroyers, Hit was forced numerous times to evade incoming attacks, and only by a hair.
I mean, wasn’t that only against Jiren, because Jiren was able to sense and punch Hit despite the Tides of Time? Because against Dyspo, he used full on phasing.

Edit: Whoops, wrong Tournament.

Episode 72 (14:09).
All I can find are English dub versions, do you have a link to the Japanese version
The definition of そして ("soshite") includes "and; and then; thus; and now; and finally", but, per the words of Kanagawa University, japaneseprofessor.com, jtest4you, George Trombley of FromZero (formerly YesJapan), Hasisi of HiNative, and JLPTsensei, a simple "and" is the most common use case.
I can understand your point.
But, odds are that Hit never used the Tides of Time during the Tournament of Destroyers, if he even had the capacity.
Oh no, I know he never used tides of Time, I don't think he could use it then I was simply talking about the dimension itself existing, I'd assume all he could do back then was go from point A to B, come out and attack, rinse and repeat , tides of time gives him several other skills .

This, and Hit said to Goku already, using the same timeskip against Goku that he used back in U6 vs U7 is pointless, thus he decided to use new pocket dimension ability, if it is the same timeskip in U6 vs U7, it make no sense when he stated timeskip will not work then process to use the same ability

This, and Hit said to Goku already, using the same timeskip against Goku that he used back in U6 vs U7 is pointless, thus he decided to use new pocket dimension ability, if it is the same timeskip in U6 vs U7, it make no sense when he stated timeskip will not work then process to use the same ability
I’d agree, but when Hit used the abilities in the ToP, he explicitly calls it Time Skipping, and so do other characters (namely Jiren and Dyspo. Hell, after Jiren calls it Time Skipping, it snap cuts to Whis explaining the power, with it being {NEARLY} one for one with Vados’ explanation).

(The thing it lacks is him saying that it isn’t Time Stop.)

So it’s definitely Time Skipping. Just an improved variant of it.

Hold on, it's not the same, in U6 VS U7 all he did was hop in and out,with the time in-between skipped and added to his pocket reality. At the end of his first fight with Goku he then shown the ability to attack while the opponent was Frozen in time, making analytical prediction pointless.

Then after his fight with Goku, he develops several other variants while manipulating his pocket reality like tides of time- energy clones, afterimage illusions, dimensional phasing, the ability to selectively choose who gets time skipped and so on

Just because it's the same pocket reality doesn't mean it was the same technique, tides of time, time release, time cage are all advanced evolutions of the time Skip, it's like super Saiyan 1,2 and 3 are being referred to as super saiyan forms

Also, it occurs to me, for one of Jiren’s counterattacks, he moves Mid-Time Skip. Which is—Funny? Weird? Probably not an animation error.

I'd assume all he could do back then was go from point A to B, come out and attack, rinse and repeat
The alternate space only exists because Hit can store the time he skips.
Hit is not skipping time by entering the alternate space, they are separate functions of the same technique.
it's like super Saiyan 1,2 and 3 are being referred to as super saiyan forms
actuallyi'mprettysuretheyarealljustsupersaiyanbutwithmoreki.

tis goku day
Erm I think you mean King Piccolo day:
GNJTAPOa4AEf0W8

The alternate space only exists because Hit can store the time he skips.
Hit is not skipping time by entering the alternate space, they are separate functions of the same technique.
They could both happen concurrently, once he activates it, the space is created,
The alternative ofcourse is that his timeskip has nothing to do with the pocket reality and as he skips the time, it has the effect of freezing everyone else asides hit, which, imo, is the simplest explanation and is actually backed by proof, but is being rejected for some reason

once he activates it, the space is created
That isn't what you were arguing, though; you were arguing that Hit creates the illusion of moving through time by hopping between the two spatial dimensions, which is incorrect. Hit can skip time and he can create the separate time using the time he skips. Skipping time is wholly its own separate function.

That isn't what you were arguing, though; you were arguing that Hit creates the illusion of moving through time by hopping between the two spatial dimensions, which is incorrect. Hit can skip time and he can create the separate time using the time he skips. Skipping time is wholly its own separate function.
I was giving two different scenarios after you pointed out that creating the seperate space was different while still trying to stay true to Vados' explanation of the timeskip

Either his basic timeskip allows him simply skip time, allowing him move to a ln advantageous position and then attacking at the end, and the time skipped has the same effect as a time stop - until his advancement of the timeskip allowed him attack while the opponent was Frozen (when it turned red)

Or his pocket space is created once he used his timeskip and he was just hoping while time was stopped for everyone else

I believe it's one of the two (for his basic timeskip that is)

Back