• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Hey Null, is SSJ Rage a variable of SSJ1 or SSJ2 (like Rose)? Or is it an entirely different transformation?
Our only definitive hints from secondary sources are official concept art and the episode preview using the name "Super Trunks".
Take my word for it. My wireless mouse is on the fritz right now, and I don't have the patience to try and grab the exact text with it acting like that.

Given Trunks initially powered up in Super Saiyan 2, and its parallels to the enhanced Super Saiyan 2 he demonstrated in the manga, I'm leaning towards Rage being a Power Stressed variation of Super Saiyan 2—like Super Saiyan 2 Grade Two. Or Three. Grade Three Trunks was "Super Trunks" once.
if the waves are just emited by the Full Moon, wouldn't the quantity not be in a dangerous level since normal humans are not affected at all by it and the waves it emits when the full moon happens on Earth?
Yes.
That, and Blutz Waves are absorbed through the eyes.

Hey Null, is SSJ Rage a variable of SSJ1 or SSJ2 (like Rose)? Or is it an entirely different transformation?

It's because I was seeing what name it is given in different places and in the media/product outside of anime they call it different ways.

Now he has the Genki Dama sword, I don't remember if it's rage, because it has a blue aura that could perhaps be the Genki Dama. Anyway, I saw a local saying SSJ and SSJ2 to Genki Dama.
i kinda headcanon it as a precursor to SSB but thats not supported anywhere

Huh. It occurs to me that Toei Saiyans would have improved Blutz Wave absorption in comparison to their canon selves. Or that Blutz Waves just function differently at Toei when cranked to 17 Billion Zenos, rather than 17 Million.

After all, Baby absorbed it through getting shot by the beam in the back/sides. It also totally can recharge Ki and amplify your powers within GT, too.

Not too familiar with our logic for DBZ multipliers, was wondering what folks here thought of the logic presented in this video.

"—There was another scene I wanted to ask you about. Vegeta creates a small artificial moon during his fight with Goku and he says "But only when [the sunlight] is reflected by the Moon does it contain Green-Spectrum Radiation [Blutz Waves]... When the Moon is full, that radiation exceeds 17 million zeno units."

These "Blutz Waves" exist in Dragon Ball, but is there anything like them in the real world?

"Terada: This is difficult to interpret... Vegeta says, "moonlight is only sunlight reflected", but when I thought about it again, I think that Blutz Waves are actually the reflected light of sunlight. Since, the reflected light from sunlight are electromagnetic waves, if Blutz Waves are some kind of wave, then they'd be electromagnetic I think... Take a look at this diagram of the different views of the Moon."

"When the Moon is viewed using radio waves, it looks like the one on the upper left, but if you look at the one right next to it it's completely white. That's how the Moon looks when viewed with submillimeter waves. The sun emits various kinds of electromagnetic waves, and when they hit the Moon and are reflected back to us, we can see totally different phenomena just like these images show us."

"Exceeds" is this enough resistance to radiation or radiation absorption?

That's because they absorb radiation, not because of exposure to radiation that attacks them. But electromagnetic waves should be dangerous to humans even using those numbers.
Based on what Vegeta said, moon light is basically reflected sunlight+blutz(green spectrum) radiation

Now his power ball simulates that, but there's no ozone layer to counteract most of the spectrum in sunlight, unlike when it's coming from the moon and has to pass through the Earth's ozone layer, but this is basically semantics, I dint thinking Toriyama thought that far. so there MAY be something there, but unlikely

So I was doing a draft for a Saiyan physiology.

For the P&A I only threw in the things that were already in the profiles, and others, like Google"Saiyan physiology vsbattle" and finding apparently unfinished blogs by @Nullflowerblush and @Ednaxel2 where I also threw in some things that I found interesting.

The biggest thing was the transformations obviously, also due to the different continuities in notes.

Since I don't follow many DB crts, I answered some questions about some things with users who follow (useful in notes where x thing was accepted)

I just wanted to know what you think of this draft and if I was wrong about anything in the Notes section.
This seems pretty good, just adjusted minor spelling errors with "Enhanced"

Maybe a different image at the top of the page would be better

Not too familiar with our logic for DBZ multipliers, was wondering what folks here thought of the logic presented in this video.

Oh, I didn't realize other people were going to find that months-old video. I was actively thinking about writing my own video in response to it, since I haven't done anything for my channel in eons.

I don't agree with a lot of the points presented, though, with a lot of it coming down to incredulity; "How can Super Saiyan really still be this powerful when the base Saiyans are supposedly stronger than merged Piccolo now? That doesn't make any sense."

Oh, I didn't realize other people were going to find that months-old video. I was actively thinking about writing my own video in response to it, since I haven't done anything for my channel in eons.

I don't agree with a lot of the points presented, though, with a lot of it coming down to incredulity; "How can Super Saiyan really still be this powerful when the base Saiyans are supposedly stronger than merged Piccolo now? That doesn't make any sense."
NullflowerBlush Channel? Insane…Time to binge.

But also, this reminds me of the VunderGuy video, something I believe is incredibly incorrect because its basis is shortchanging the Saiyans by a lot. Specifically in technological and mental development, as well as specific details (level of FTL travel the Saiyans are capable of, underselling the physical resistances of Saiyans, overlooking the incredible range of Saiyan attacks, greatly overselling Viltrumite Technology, strategy, etc.)

Making that sandbox, I wondered.

Does the SSJ4 have any multipliers? I practically don't see anything about GT on this wiki.
Golden Oozaru = SSJ1(50x) + Oozaru(10x) = 500x, SSJ4 would obviously upscale from that, i heard that there is more, but i don't remember details

Last edited:
Making that sandbox, I wondered.

Does the SSJ4 have any multipliers? I practically don't see anything about GT on this wiki.
None that are known, explicitly. The common hypothesis in the fandom, though, is 500x or 4000x base. As it’s the power of “SSJ and Oozaru” to create the Golden Oozaru (so 10x from Oozaru and 50x from SSJ), and from the Dub it was stated to be “SSJ3” as well as Oozaru, so 400x combined with x10. But those are mere speculations, and honestly run counter to what we see.

Goku at SSJ3 was beneath SSJ Baby Vegeta. Baby Vegeta turned into a mutated SSJ2, (so at least 2x his prior SSJ power, and that means it physically can’t be lesser than double SSJ3’s, and Baby’s final form prior to the Oozaru is compared to SSJ3, so 4x even that). However, the SSJ3 line is a dubism, and contradicts what we know about GT Vegeta (he caps at SSJ2), as well as is totally inconsistent with what we know about Golden Oozaru in general.

The best approach would be making a lowball multiplier, like SSG. In this instance, taking the SSJ3 start level Goku was at, and multiplying it by the necessary values to get where Super Baby 2 was at.

(So 400 x 400, or 160,000), but again, that’d still be nothing but speculation.

Super Baby 2 being=SSJ3 comes from I think Perfect Files I think.

Also it should be noted that SSJ4 is not just a multiplier, but it's also states to be a Limit Break and a Potential Unlock in the guides, so it's not just Goku's Base plus whatever the Multiplier for SSJ4 is.

First time here and I have a question.

So BOG Goku and every character that scales to him is 2-C Low multiversal.

Low Multi - Characters or objects that can significantly affect,[1] create and/or destroy small multiverses which can be comprised of several separate space-time continuums (using stc for short) ranging anywhere from two to a thousand, or equivalents.

So BOG Goku pre absorption of God in base is 3 stc in Low multi. Then wouldn't the current characters be millions of times into 2-B Multiversal ?

Multi - Characters or objects that can significantly affect,[1] create and/or destroy larger multiverses which comprise from 1001 to any higher finite amount of separate space-time continuums.

Goku post absorption and with SS3 is 400x higher so 400x3 and that's about 1200 STC's. Then it just keeps adding in finite numbers.

I dunno if this has been discussed before but I doubt it hasn't crossed anyone's mind.

Low Multi - Characters or objects that can significantly affect,[1] create and/or destroy small multiverses which can be comprised of several separate space-time continuums (using stc for short) ranging anywhere from two to a thousand, or equivalents.

So BOG Goku pre absorption of God in base is 3 stc in Low multi. Then wouldn't the current characters be millions of times into 2-B Multiversal ?

Multi - Characters or objects that can significantly affect,[1] create and/or destroy larger multiverses which comprise from 1001 to any higher finite amount of separate space-time continuums.

Goku post absorption and with SS3 is 400x higher so 400x3 and that's about 1200 STC's. Then it just keeps adding in finite numbers.

I dunno if this has been discussed before but I doubt it hasn't crossed anyone's mind.
They don't allow multipliers to jump tiers from tier 2, due to the distance between between universes being unknown or unquantifiable

Need input here, to finish up the scaling thread

The tiering system doesn't allow multipliers for Tier 2 ranges (Note 1)

If this rule didn't exist then yes everyone would be 2-B

Yes, but that's limited to whatever number of universes he's in.

So say, he fights someone who scales to 4 universe, it doesn't matter how millions of times stronger he is, he's getting one shotted.

Oh okay. But even then he would still be millions of times stronger even though still capped in 2-C ?
That's because the distance is unknown between universes.

This doesn't mean the multipliers don't matter, as Goku could fight Superman who is also equal to 3 universes, but since Goku can destroy 3 universes over a million times he can one-shot him

Back