• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 55: Vegeta is finally not shafted

Really when did that happen?

It was referenced in the chapter where goku bit his tounge saying SSGSS, and they changed the name to SSB. The 1st chapter after the BOG arc.

Yess I understand that. But we never saw the fact that Goku adressed the stamina-issue to Freeza. So we can't call him a hypocrite. Did they mention his Gold-form?

Yes, they mentioned him by golden freeza.

Also i've been waiting so long to say this but since Universe 7's fighters definitely have above average lifting strength why don't they just simply throw nearly everyone out of the ring with their hands? (especially since SSJ Vegeta in the manga can lift 1000 tons which scales to everyone comparable and above him.)

Why didn't a U6 fighter blast the ground beneath Jiren as Hit was having him frozen?

Why didn't every Universe gang up on Universe 11 instead of targeting U7, especially when it was clear that numbers don't mean shit?

Most fighters see no point at all in fighting Jiren, for good reason. They just want to knock off opponents they're more likely able to beat and not risk getting eliminated.

Jiren could've singlehandedly won the Tournament of Power from the start if he wasn't so damn lazy and arrogant. Now Ultra Instinct is probably going to beat him.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
If only Jiren switched personalities with Toppo this tournament would have been over by now.
Isn't Toppo still screaming "Justice"

Well kind of. I mean I'm sure he had stopped with the "Justice" facade a while ago and focused on saving his universe.
well he still screamed Juctice when the magical girls were transforming, so a Jiren with Toppo's personality still would have waited a bit before going at full power, but not as much as a Jiren with Jiren's personality

Ryukama said:
Why didn't a U6 fighter blast the ground beneath Jiren as Hit was having him frozen?
Well Jiren was frozen in time, so wouldn't he have just floated there? Logically speaking, if something's falling, and time freezes for it, it should stop falling.

https://twitter.com/tomislavartz/status/947471150078193665

Regarding Android 17, considering that five characters on SSB Goku level where being pushed by Anilaza attack, and 17 when giving what seemed to be his all, wouldn't that make him comparable to Goku SSB KKx5 while using his shield?

I know the logic is shaky, just something that crossed my mind and i would like to know you guys opinions.

Android 17's barrier is even Possibly Pre-Jiren SSBKKx20 Spirit Bomb lvl if the writers didn't forget that Goku gains a pretty massive power boost every time he uses UIO which should make Post-Kefla Goku > Post-Jiren Goku who in SSBKK can contend with SS Berserker Kefla who was stated by Whis to rival the spirit bomb.

Ryukama said:
Jiren could've singlehandedly won the Tournament of Power from the start if he wasn't so damn lazy and arrogant. Now Ultra Instinct is probably going to beat him.
Jiren's still gonna win ovo

I wonder why people think Jiren could have simply beat everyone at the beginning.

With such varying levels of power, he could have easily accidentally killed someone and been disqualified. Especially since he doesn't have ki sensing like the Earthlings.

What? He doesn't have ki sensing?

Not that I'm aware of, it seems to be exclusively a kai / earthling thing (unless its someone whose dealt with earthlings before)

Holding back your power tremendously is not a particularly hard thing for anyone worth anything in Dragon Ball. Beerus who can curbstomp Buu then hit 18 and Tien without killing them seconds later. Or how Frieza level characters can lower their power levels to that of an ordinary human. Or how Jiren basically has been holding back orders upon orders of magnitude.

Jiren can obviously sense a difference in energy between UI Goku and Hit vs say Kale, Maji Kayo or that orange U4 guy. And he adjusts his power to these varying people accordingly.

We are going to be getting Jiren memes every few hours until the Vegeta fight aren't we.
I have a meme saved for right before the fight, but it's not actually a meme. It is legit ovo

@Ryukama yeah, I'm not arguing its hard to hold back or that he can't see an obvious difference, the issue is that not all of them are obvious, and some tend to hide their power levels or lack the ability to be ki sensed altogether (Like the Danger Trio), making it so one mess-up can cost his team the entire tournament.

Heard in one of the up coming episodes Gohan will help Frieza fight Dyspo...

Didn't Dyspo admit he didn't want to fight Frieza in an early episode?. Like to see how they do this, better not cheat my boy Frieza.

Dyspo will probably learn how to attack in non linear patterns with his speed boost. It's either that or the writers forgot what they wrote and made him even stronger than Frieza.

If Dyspo was able to give Hit trouble, it isn't suprising that he'd be able to give Frieza trouble. Because I'm pretty sure Hit > Frieza.

Back