• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 66: It never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think the story is going to be? Or Broly's character?

So I'm thinking that Broly's going to have a similar backstory to his Toei counterpart, being born with an enormous power level and King Vegeta trying to have him executed and Broly surviving with Paragus.

But instead of having Goku crying make him go crazy, they're going to have him gain a vendetta against Vegeta and Probably Frieza, look at how he screams in rage and charges Vegeta, while slowly growing more and more insane as the fight progresses due to his ever-expanding power.

So in other words, he's going to have the character he should have always had, not some stupid baby thing. **** you Toei.

Anyone seen the new chapter?

Kale pretty much eliminated an entire universe and 1 shot Anilaza out of the arena lol

EDIT: 2-3 universes actually..

Kale is like god to Toyotaro but still Gohan is probably gonna kick keflas ass at least I get this feeling since the Manga doens't make any sense

That green Broly with red eyes looked cool asf.

Either UI or Gogeta is needed here. Broly was keeping up with Blue without even going super saiyan lmao

AKM sama said:
That green Broly with red eyes looked cool asf.
Either UI or Gogeta is needed here. Broly was keeping up with Blue without even going super saiyan lmao
After watching the trailer there is no way Broly will let them do the fusion dance. And in the canon Vegeta doesn't know it anyway.

Broly can easily be distracted.

And Vegeta could know the dance, because at some point Goku might have told him. You never know.

AKM sama said:
Broly can easily be distracted.
And Vegeta could know the dance, because at some point Goku might have told him. You never know.
Who will distract him? Not to mention that Potara fusion which is stronger than the Dance has Vegito defuse too quickly. Gogeta would be worse.

"Who will distract him?"

That is up to the makers to decide. There are loads of other characters besides Goku and Vegeta.

Not to mention they can just retcon the stuff about defusing, when fused by fusion dance. Or a minute is all Gogeta needs.

I don't know. The Potara fusion of a much weaker Goku and Vegeta defused in under a few minutes.If a much stronger Goku and Vegeta utilize a weaker form of fusion, I can't see the fusion lasting more than 5-10 seconds. I wouldn't be suprised if they defused after giving a speech.

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am Goget..."

They could retcon the supposed retcon, but it be rather redundant at that point. Did they seriously make the Potara fusion a non permanent fusion for mortals simply for a single plot point? Man, would that be hilarious.

After watching the trailer there is no way Broly will let them do the fusion dance. And in the canon Vegeta doesn't know it anyway.

He watched Goten and Trunks doing it and him not knowing about it isn't big deal, Goku can shown him on the spot with someone distracting Broly

Don't ask me. It's up to the writers to decided that and it doesn't matter if they are fodders to him, Piccolo and Vegeta did distract much stronger villains than they are for Goku to charge up his Spirit bomb

TBH I always saw SSBKK and SSBE as Toei's only thing. say what you want but Toyo's writing is closer to what Toroiyama's script and plans. he's underrated because he has much less time than the anime and he's stuck just re-doing what the anime already presented

It doesn't matter much whatever it follow the anime or the mnaga version, the only different will be we won't see SSBKK or SSBE if it follow the manga which isn't big deal

It's not confirmed that the movie is a continuation of the manga. It's just fan speculation. Don't take it seriously.

Oh boy. At first, I always kinda assumed that the manga was promotional material for the anime, but that no longer seems to be the case. Considering the noticeable differences between the two, I kinda assumed that you would have to pick one. I can sort of understand since they are each told differently than the other, so it could make sense if they are both canon. Still, if the movie were to follow the manga's canon, wouldn't that imply that the movie isn't canon to the anime? Unless, there is another retelling. Dear lord no....

Both are their separate interpretations of the actual canon, which is Akira Toriyama's script. Hence they both are equally canon. Yes, the manga started out as a promotional material for the anime, but it became it's own canon.

We follow the anime, as do almost all the other sites.

I certainly understand that, but this still puts into question the movie's canonicity regarding the anime. While the appearance of SSG Vegeta is only a single sign regarding its connection to the manga, it is a sign nonetheless.

However, I agree with simply waiting first. It's all simply speculation at any rate.

I see the DBS manga as a secondary canon. Or better yet, tertiary canon (since I rather see the BoG and RoF movies as secondary canons).

Well, it was never stated that Vegeta couldn't go Red in the anime, so there is no contradiction.

Super Saiyan Blue is stated to be Super Saiyan God going Super Saiyan.

So it makes sense that Vegeta would have the form.

Golden Void said:
Makes no sense to wait 3 arcs tho
Unlike Goku, Vegeta doesn't give a shit about weaker forms lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back