• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 66: It never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Broly:

- He appeared in three movies [anime continuity only], while most other sans Cooler and Garlic Jr. [2] had one appearance.

- He is seen in Fusion Reborn cover art, and likely escaped from hell again in GT.

- Appeared in most dbz games.

- Got LSS2, LSS3, LSS4 and Dark LSS4 [Kinda has his own arc] in Heroes/Cards.

- Got a God Form [In a 4D Short Movie] that was stomping SSB Goku and Vegeta.

- Kale and her Berserk Form are based off him.

- Gets a canon version in the movie.

Note: Cooler at least got his Golden Form and he's featured in Heroes Prison Arc, unlike Cell who got an ugly form and is relegated with other oneshot villains like the Dragon Ball, Movies, GT ones. [Good Buu and Frieza, who returned twice are alive]

Honestly Broly is way overhated. People seem to forget that Broly is a movie villain from DBZ. A villain who's only role is to show up, sometimes after a few minions get beat down, smack the good guys around a bit. Then in the end get killed by Goku or someone/something related to Goku after he powers up. The only part about his character that is bad is the reason why he hates Goku, other than that his character is perfect for what he is.

Was God Broly not enough? Or was it so popular again that Tori had to incorporate him in DBS lmfao

I s u-c l o n e said:
Honestly Broly is way overhated. People seem to forget that Broly is a movie villain from DBZ. A villain who's only role is to show up, sometimes after a few minions get beat down, smack the good guys around a bit. Then in the end get killed by Goku or someone/something related to Goku after he powers up. The only part about his character that is bad is the reason why he hates Goku, other than that his character is perfect for what he is.
Yep

So Broly vs Jiren when? Broly vs Beerus when?

My personal thoughts on this:

I hope they don't recognize him as the Broly from DBZ otherwise it will ruin the continuity, scaling, and the fandom will go bonkers with the canon/non-canon debate.

I preferred a whole new character, but I'll gladly accept this as long as Toriyama only retains the name and body and rewrites everything else about Broly (like his character, backstory, etc). May he pull another Goku Black (taking an overused cliche idea and turning it into something really good).

As for the poster, I am in love with the new art style. It looks amazing and it is a good change. I don't like the name of the movie, it could have been something better.

Looking forward to the upcoming trailer.

Another thing I find more interesting is that Toei is releasing 3 of the original Dragon Ball movie remasters in theaters (movies 8, 12, and the Bardock special).

Movie 8: Broly the legendary SSJ—Broly happens to be the centerpiece of the new movie--CHECK

Bardock special: the movie according to Toriyama is said to take place in the past, present, and future including lore of the Saiyans and Freeza--CHECK

And Fusion Reborn: is it possible given the former that Gogega will be in the movie?--CHECK???

What do you guys think?

AKM sama said:
Another thing I find more interesting is that Toei is releasing 3 of the original Dragon Ball movie remasters in theaters (movies 8, 12, and the Bardock special).
Movie 8: Broly the legendary SSJ—Broly happens to be the centerpiece of the new movie--CHECK

Bardock special: the movie according to Toriyama is said to take place in the past, present, and future including lore of the Saiyans and Freeza--CHECK

And Fusion Reborn: is it possible given the former that Vegito will be in the movie?--CHECK???

What do you guys think?
Fixed. Vegito was also in SDH.

It's funny because back when Super was airing they made joke about Jiren having PL of 1,000,000 as sprem comapre who had PL of 10,000 as infant

Now Broly most likely shit on Jiren lol

ZERO7772 said:
It's funny because back when Super was airing they made joke about Jiren having PL of 1,000,000 as sprem comapre who had PL of 10,000 as infant

Now Broly most likely Broly shit on Jiren lol
My boy is still the strongest mortal in the multiverse (Òü«ÒâÿÒü«)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back