• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the wiki ignores 50 altogether. 40 is based on 50% Frieza being as strong as Kaioken x20 Goku.

ByAsura said:
I think the wiki ignores 50 altogether. 40 is based on 50% Frieza being as strong as Kaioken x20 Goku.
Which doesn't make sense since Freezer had the advantage against KK20 but got wrecked by SSJ Goku so the multiplier should be ABOVE 40

@Dragomer I'm just saying what it's based off. I don't really have an opinion.

Dragomer said:
Which doesn't make sense since Freezer had the advantage against KK20 but got wrecked by SSJ Goku so the multiplier should be ABOVE 40
Yes

its 50x. as a ssj, goku was superior to freeza. so it adds up.

freezas official power level is 120,000,00o

gokus was 150,000,000

unfortunately, they were the last ever official power levels. concept faded out of existance during the next arc (in terms of relevance)

People forget that Goku used Kaioken + the Kamehameha. A Kamehameha is over a two times amp so that would make the Kaioken x20 Kamehameha at least 40x base and SSJ is stronger that that.

Apparently it's because Super Saiyan Goku was even with Full Power Freezer.

Even though in the manga (the material most of the profiles are based off), SS Goku whipped the floor with Full Power Freezer, so there's not reason not to use the 50x multipler.

The wiki says 40x as a low ball cuz power levels and multiplers are bullshit tbh not because of the anime.

The anime wank Freiza but in the manga he gets clowned pretty hard even in his 100% form, it's Toei's of making things more "intense"

Pretty famous example is Luffy vs Doflamingo in One Piece. In the manga, Luffy obliterated Doffy the moment their attacks clash but in the anime, they have a back and fourth for an entier episode lol.

ss1 50x

ss2 2x ss1

ss3 4x ss2

without getting into all the confusing grade 2 3 and 4 stuff, those multipliers are whats normally used

ZERO7772 said:
The wiki says 40x as a low ball cuz power levels and multiplers are bullshit tbh not because of the anime.
The anime wank Freiza but in the manga he gets clowned pretty hard even in his 100% form, it's Toei's of making things more "intense"

Pretty famous example is Luffy vs Doflamingo in One Piece. In the manga, Luffy obliterated Doffy the moment their attacks clash but in the anime, they have a back and fourth for an entier episode lol.
'muh powerlevel are bulshit' is a dumb meme, the goddamn author said directly 'i stopped using them cause they spoiled the fights by telling you who would win'

Yeah, Freezer got clowned, which is why 40x doesn't work because it would make Goku equal to Freezer at best, at the very least it should be like a 42x multiplier and more coherently, we should just use 50x cause it fits and it goes what everything that was ever said about multipliers.

40-50x is a 1.25 difference, that's enough to wreck your opponent in DB. For example, the difference in power between Vegeta and Cui is 1.33 and Vegeta washes him so I don't see what the big deal is.

Zamasu Chan said:
40-50x is a 1.25 difference, that's enough to wreck your opponent in DB. For example, the difference in power between Vegeta and Cui is 1.33 and Vegeta washes him so I don't see what the big deal is.
40x would be either a 0% difference or a slight advantage for Freezer, that's the big deal, it just doesn't work.

Thanks TFS lol the whole joke was based on Vegeta not being aware that Piccolo had both trained on King Kai's planet and then also fused with Nail to get an insane boost.

lol I find it funny that Vegeta having a Giant Form is gonna be canon but it wouldn't be the first for him in Dragon Ball media. Apparently, Vegeta at the end of Dragon Ball V.R.V.S. wished to have "The entire world beneath his feet." only to get exactly that as Shenron made him as big as the Planet XD.
Giant Vegeta VRVS

AwkguyDB said:
Wait why is the 50x being contested anyways?
It's not. It makes perfect sense. People just tend to use a lowball of 40x for some reason.

The reason the multipliers aren't accepted is because the guide they come from are shown to be inaccurate. SSJ2 is definitely greater than just a 2x boost, for instance.

And so, we don't use the SSJ mulitplier as 50x base, but as an at least 40x base because of the scaling between Kaio-Ken 20x Goku and 50% Frieza. In reality, you can just say it's a 50x base.

And, in actuality, it should be even greater considering that the 50x base is only for the Vanilla version of SSJ, not the higher grades, which should be on another level entirely.

Warren Valion said:
The reason the multipliers aren't accepted is because the guide they come from are shown to be inaccurate. SSJ2 is definitely greater than just a 2x boost, for instance.

And so, we don't use the SSJ mulitplier as 50x base, but as an at least 40x base because of the scaling between Kaio-Ken 20x Goku and 50% Frieza. In reality, you can just say it's a 50x base.

And, in actuality, it should be even greater considering that the 50x base is only for the Vanilla version of SSJ, not the higher grades, which should be on another level entirely.
SSJ Grades are overrated and how is SSJ2 not two times? Anything beyond that is honestly wank.

Zamasu Chan said:
SSJ Grades are overrated and how is SSJ2 not two times? Anything beyond that is honestly wank.
No, there not, and because SSJ grades are easily above a x2 difference by themselves, and to say that Super Saiyan 2 is only a x2 increase is ridiculous.

Warren Valion said:
Zamasu Chan said:
No, there not, and because SSJ grades are easily above a x2 difference by themselves, and to say that Super Saiyan 2 is only a x2 increase is ridiculous.
concidering what a mere 1.2x differece does, no, its not. that difference is a night and day stomp

Warren Valion said:

which that scaling proves a more than 40x difference, as goku was stronger than freeza. the manga was even more on gokus favor than the anime ever did

For one, early DBZ power levels are very very exponential - and thus inconsistent. Using them as a scale to make measurements of "what difference in strength qualifies as a stomp" because of Vegeta vs. Qui is facetious.

And two, the guide says it's a 2x difference from vanilla Super Saiyan, not any of the graded variants. The other SSJ grades would have easily surpassed a x2 increase in and of itself. If you use a 1.2 difference as a moniker for a stomp like you mentioned, and each grade of Super Saiyan stomps the last one as the series suggests, than Grade 4 would be 3.6 times stronger than Grade 1 Super Saiyan.

Following the Daizenshuu's mulitpliers would mean that Grade 4 SSJ is > SSJ2 which makes no sense.

Ovrhide said:
which that scaling proves a more than 40x difference, as goku was stronger than freeza. the manga was even more on gokus favor than the anime ever did
"At least 40x" means ">40x".

The specfic amount being unknown, but assured to be greater than 40x.

No one is saying "=40x", just greater than 40x.

JohnCenaNation said:
Question, when are we gonna be changing the Dragon Ball Super characters' names in this wiki to match their English Dub names just like we did for every other previous Dragon Ball franchise?
This should be the other way around, we should change names like "Frieza" and "Vegito" to their proper spelling. We don't use English dub for feats, so using it for naming the articles seems like a double standard to me.

IIRC, there is a guide called "Dragon Ball: The Legend of Manga" that says that SSJ Third Grade boosted Trunks' power by 10 times, so according to that guide, it would probably be 60x base.

This should be the other way around, we should change names like "Frieza" and "Vegito" to their proper spelling. We don't use English dub for feats, so using it for naming the articles seems like a double standard to me.

I hate English dub names. I will commit die if someone changes Toppo's names to Top.

I used Vegito as an example because I want to puke every time someone uses that name. It's just so wrong on so many levels.

ArgosaxDespair said:
I hate English dub names. I will commit die if someone changes Toppo's names to Top.
Top was a sad case of westernization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back