• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragomer said:
Let's not start with that shitty meme again, Goku not being there for Gohan's birth in Toyotaro's manga isn't being self aware, it's going with a shitty meme with no basis in canon.
Tumblr inline p12cfd383G1rppv11 1280
This pissed me off the most. Gohan had a fricken job and needs to attend to that than a lowsy tournament that didn't even threaten everyone's livelyhood. In Toyo's eyes Goku went from wanting Gohan to achieve his own dreams and goals to.........the biggest asshole in DB History

I mean even if Goku was dejected that Gohan just didn't come without notice, that's not how Goku act at all, ever and that's ignoring that Goku likely wouldn't give a **** and would be like 'good for him, he always wanted to do that kind of stuff'.

Goku never had hang ups on people showing up or not like that, let alone for Gohan.

In the anime he is ok with him prioritizing his studies and at some point he says he is happy that gohan can study all he wants (I think it was at the beginning of Super) Also Chou Goku assholish behavior goes to his friends as well (like telling that he only picked Krillin for the TOP because he runs away and even cheating in a fight with Trunks to look good)

Dragomer said:
I mean even if Goku was dejected that Gohan just didn't come without notice, that's not how Goku act at all, ever and that's ignoring that Goku likely wouldn't give a **** and would be like 'good for him, he always wanted to do that kind of stuff'.
Goku never had hang ups on people showing up or not like that, let alone for Gohan.
Because how the hell do you care if your oldest son didn't show up to your tournament if you forget his own birthday XD

I hated that whole selfish Goku shit because from DB -DBZ Goku has done some of the most selfless things.

78a4a183cc36ec5ba9af24aba718f412
STRAIGHT UP KEPT A PROMISE TO MARRY A WOMAN AFTER HE ADMITTED THAT HE THOUGHT MARRIAGE WAS FOOD!!!! WHAT A GUY!!!

I mean, Goku has had his selfish moments like with letting Vegeta live but what Toyotaro does isn't selfishness, it's being a ********.

Yea now that you guys mention it. Maybe I don't mind his asshole personality because I've been exposed to too many asshole and psychotic anime characters lol like Guts and Hisoka Lmao. But yeah I guess the bad father Joke has been a little played out even if there's some truth to it. Goku is never malicious, or at least shouldn't be.

I mean the man straight up called him Low Class Garbage and pimp slapped his Son and best friend, Saiyan pride or not Vegeta was destined to get that work. Sadly for Vegeta, Frieza and Cell made him so irrelevant.

TBH, the only person I want to see writing Dragonball is Dragon Garou Lee. The dude was able to make an AU (Dragonball Sai) that somehow is able to make Goku as a villain/antagonist to an heroic Vegeta... and somehow still feel like the oriignal Goku from the manga

Spinoirr said:
I'm pretty sure that's a fan translation
Edit: it's more like he is disappointed

IMG 20200319 110125
STILL THOUGH! The tournament was nothing special and he wasn't even fighting. Gohan is not a fighter he's a hugger that can punch really hard and Goku knows that.

AwkguyDB said:
BRUH YALL SEE THE MANGA SPOILERS GOKU REALLY IS FODDERIZING PEOPLE!!!
I just saw him fodderizing a bunch of fodders who were pretty much losing to the Z fighters last time heard about the manga.

Maybe we should split Gohan's profile in Z and Super.

We mainly discussed Merus and 7-3 (or whatever the name of that copy-guy is).

It won't be confirmed until the english chapter is released, but it seems like Base Goku is too fast for Gohan and Piccolo to perceive, and Base Goku fodderises Saganbo (who was just walking through Gohan and Piccolo's attack unphased).

Gohan should be stronger than he was in the ToP, where he matched Kefla...who should be around ToP CSSB Goku in power, if not higher.

Gohan claims Goku and Vegeta are stronger than him before their training, but the degree is unknown and shouldn't be massive.

So, overall...unless there is a special circumstance enabling Base Goku to fodderises Saganbo and be too fast for Piccolo and Gohan to detect...that means Goku is far stronger than his CSSB during the ToP, in just his base form...

That powerscaling is far FAR more absurd than the Black arc scaling, Toyo needs to calm his power levels down.

Black is kind of important for the Chou scaling chain imo. Plus he'd just be cool to have for Vs Threads lol. His profile would be pretty different from his anime counterpart as well since he's missing a lot of his anime abilities.

Anyway the scaling chain for black is apparently that he was stronger than SS3 Goku in base, and then evolved to match SSB Vegeta in SS1.

@Cryo

I maybe not remembering correctly, but Manga Kefla isn't Blue tier is she? I don't think she's as strong as her anime counterpart. Again I'm sorry if I'm not remembering right.

If it's correct that Base Goku > Gohan then:

UIO Goku >> CSSB Goku >> SSG Goku >> SS3 Goku >> SS2 Goku >> SS Goku >>>> Base Goku >> Post-ToP Gohan > ToP Gohan = Kefla >/= ToP CSSB Goku

If you want to put that in perspective, SS1 Gogeta scales to 50x Post-ToP CSSB Goku, and Frieza scales to tanking Broly for over an hour.

Goku, after training with Merus, might actually be as powerful as Gogeta, and stronger than Broly...

I remember one part of the fusion was getting beat up by golden frezia and kale went on a rapage beating up everyone

So she may be stronger then blue Goku because of kale beating up everyone and including Goku in a form if I remember

Kale could significantly damage a non-serious Frieza, but Frieza claims his full power could take her down and CSSB Vegeta thinks she isn't a good opponent, although this is due to Kale's body being unable to withstand the strain of her rapidly growing power.

Kefla is Caulifa + Kale multiplied, without Kale's insanely unstable energy growth. Vados even claims she should be 'unmatched'.

"transform into a Perfected Super Saiyan Blue. He is able to stop Kale's first punch but as she continues her assault Goku begins to get pushed back, stating that she is getting stronger and stronger by the moment."

And "She then turns her attention to the nearby Vegeta and Top swatting them aside and almost off the arena, but Vegeta is able to save himself, and Dyspo is able to save Toppo"

This was PSSJB Vegeta and toppo "Kale (Legendary Super Saiyan) vs. Vegeta (Perfected Super Saiyan Blue) and Toppo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back