• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll reread the ToP arc and give my input later if a CRT is made because there's a lot of gaps in my memory rn.

Well, Champa said he could destroy U7, and Jiren is stronger than him before adapting to Goku.

It goes something like:

UI Goku > Adapted Jiren > Base Jiren > VS SSBE Jiren > VS CSSBKK Jiren >> CSSBKK Goku >> CSSB Goku = GoD Candidate

If we assume Jiren powered up 2x each time, and was 2x the power of CSSBKK Goku the multipliers would be like

CSSBKK = 2x CSSB

Restrained Jiren = 4x CSSB

VS SSBE Jiren = 8x CSSB

Base Jiren = 16x CSSB > Champa = 3-A

So at this scale, anyone 16x ToP CSSB Goku would be 3-A. That includes SS Broly, Post-ToP Frieza and possibly Moro arc Goku and Moro arc Vegeta.

I don't think Kefla qualifies for 3-A, unless there is a statement comparing her to Champa. She isn't far though, considering Vados claims she is 'unmatched'.

Kale should be 3-B only, and Kefla 3-B+. Toppo and Vegeta were caught off guard. Freeza wasn't going all-out and Goku almost never go all-out in the beginning of the fight or when he's testing his opponent.

Yeah okay, the scaling isn't insane. Goku was using Ultra Instinct Omen/-Sign- in bursts. Although Gohan and Piccolo both still say Goku is vastly more powerful than before, even in just Blue.

I'll try to find the exact quote.

>Goku, after training with Merus, might actually be as powerful as Gogeta, and stronger than Broly...

... God no, manga scaling has become even more messed up than the anime.

CryoTheMayo said:
Yeah okay, the scaling isn't insane. Goku was using Ultra Instinct Omen/-Sign- in bursts.
^^^

Yea let's not jump the gun guys, the form may run out in a minute next chapter for all we know lol. I don't think Goku mastered UI yet or anything tbh. I say let's wait for now.

Just read the manga and imma say im a little hyped up now. Though again the powerscaling doesnt make sense since Base Goku could harm Sagabo which means....Base Goku is stronger then Ultimate Gohan (ToP manga)

It's Ultra Instinct Sign Goku that was casually beating up Sagabo not Base Goku. SSB Goku was also casually beating Sagabo and only started to have trouble after Moro powered him up even further.

Oh yeah i forgot that lol. Well either way SSB Goku is now stronger then Kefla/GoldenFrieza/Ultimate Gohan

Also imma disagree but Goku wasnt even struggling against Saganbo, he just didnt wanna keep fighting anymore and was just going on the defense

I mean SSB Goku was always stronger than Gohan and Kefla imo. At least using CSSB if you want to high ball them. Golden Freeza is at best comparable to SSB IMO.

BlackeJan said:
Goku completely mastered SSb though so everytime he transform is would be CSSB
Maybe, but wasn't CSSB characterized by lack of Aura around him? So I always assumed it's an extra form he has to go into.

Dragomer said:
So Toyotaro is litteraly just re-using his shitty 'changing form in burts' idea, just with UI instead of SSJB ?
That seems to be it yes. Pretty much the same concept, but recolored lol.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Maybe, but wasn't CSSB characterized by lack of Aura around him? So I always assumed it's an extra form he has to go into.
Yeah its the one with no aura. Its basically like this, Goku is gonna master something everytime he uses it (except Kaioken)

But when he went SSB in this chapter he had an Aura for a bit. Or maybe I'm imagining things. If I got that wrong my bad. Actually I'll go recheck.

Edit:eek:k seems you're right. He had the aura when he initially transformed, but then he lost it for the rest of the fight. So it was CSSB.

Ionliosite said:
>Goku, after training with Merus, might actually be as powerful as Gogeta, and stronger than Broly...

... God no, manga scaling has become even more messed up than the anime.
Goku isn't stronger than Gogeta lol. He was beating that Grunt with UIS not just his base.

BlackeJan said:
Oh yeah i forgot that lol. Well either way SSB Goku is now stronger then Kefla/GoldenFrieza/Ultimate Goha
Nah. The Broly film is canon to both the anime and manga, and both the film and novel had SS Gogeta scale to over 50x SSB Goku and Frieza fight SS Broly for over an hour.

At most, CSSB Goku is around Golden Frieza in the Broly film, but Frieza has had three months to do god knows what.

Nah. The Broly film is canon to both the anime and manga, and both the film and novel had SS Gogeta scale to over 50x SSB Goku and Frieza fight SS Broly for over an hour.

At most, CSSB Goku is around Golden Frieza in the Broly film, but Frieza has had three months to do god knows what.

I meant just in the manga. Also even if that's the case then how does a CSSB be a thing for anime ver. when u still see the aura unlike the manga

BlackeJan said:
I meant just in the manga. Also even if that's the case then how does a CSSB be a thing for anime ver. when u still see the aura unlike the manga
Have you, uh, read the latest chapter yet? Goku's aura is identical to the film.

I think you might be misremembering the explanation for Blue. The stamina strain only applies after using the form for a while or reverting and transforming without rest. Goku doesn't need to use CSSB if he is fully rested.

Ah yes forgive me comrade. I was thinking when Goku transform against Broly in the movie but yes as I now think about it Goku could had been using CSBB this entire time (well since the U7 vs U6 arc)

BlackeJan said:
Ah yes forgive me comrade. I was thinking when Goku transform against Broly in the movie but yes as I now think about it Goku could had been using CSBB this entire time (well since the U7 vs U6 arc)
Well, he did have his aura briefly when clashing with Broly physically but, yes, it was mostly contained outside of boosted flight. His aura was even contained when he was deflecting and dodging the shards of energy released from Broly's aura.

He also has peak stamina when he first transforms, so he wouldn't need to use a technique as dangerous as CSSB until it begins to dwindle.

Nullflowerblush said:
I'm pretty sure Completed Super Saiyan Blue replaces vanilla Super Saiyan Blue, like how Fourth Grade Super Saiyan replaced First Grade. I may be remembering this wrong, it's been awhile.
What you're saying makes a lot of sense. What threw me off before was Toyotaro previously treating it like a different form that needs to be accessed you know? But CSSB replacing regular SSB makes a lot more sense to me.

Toyotaro throw away half the stuff he introduce immediatly TBH, because he has the fanfiction writer disease, where you think you're smart and adding to the world building by adding 20 freaking limitation and specification to a straightforward principle / ability but you're just painting yourself in a corner 99.999% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back