• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 62: I'm still on a streak and Goku is likely to get jobbered again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad that I'll not get to escape my real life and be a little child again, after next weekend.

I meant I always looked forward to watching the new episode of DB every weekend. And in that moment I am able to forget all about my real life and enjoy the show like I did when I was little.

I am just sad that next weekend is gonna be the last until maybe next year.

well i'm running out anime to watch after DI hiatus and now super welp...RIP it for now

Ryukama said:
Some of my thoughts this episode.
  • As generic as the backstory is I couldn't help but feel bad for Jiren when he told himself "I won't let that happen to me again".
  • As for the fight while in my opinion it didn't really live up to the hype, but it was still really great. Besides a few small moments of wonky animation, I enjoyed it a lot.
  • What was weird was I was kinda thinking that it'd be cool if a montage of past events in Dragon Ball played while Goku and Jiren were fighting. I'm happy that happened.
  • Jiren's final power up was badass and I liked the fiery, hellish look that the arena had for a while after.
  • I guess I was wrong about my predictions of Goku getting eliminated, but you can't blame me with how those spoilers were worded ovo
  • I don't like how rushed and out of nowhere 17 popping back up was, but it was a pretty exciting and unexpected twist.
  • I found it odd that the Omni-Kings and Grand Priest had nothing to say during all of this.
  • Also No Limits Fallacy Instinct is over. MUI Goku got hit multiple times by Jiren.
Hahaha, you are not the only one that was wrong, I was also wrong about the avoiding any danger thing. He getting hit wasn't the problem because getting hit is not the same as danger but he couldn't dodge the dangerous blast either!

I think the point of this story/arc is contradicting itself. Absoluut power/strenght by Jiren can only be beaten by MUI (power and hax/technique). Thats why Jiren couldn't be beaten by GoD's, because the don't master UI. In other words If you have a higher power level you always beat you opponent that doesn't have any hax ability (ergo absoluut strenght). But the contradiction is that that besides MUI, Goku had to power up several times to actually beat absoluut strenght! So in the end its again Highest power level >>> the rest of the power level.

I like Super... And yes i agree the scaling is complicated, but it isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Especially when UI and "breaking their limits" is involved. At least, that may be my personal opinion.

Well, they have to make the story work properly. If the heavy hitters just instantly defeated everybody else, we wouldn't have had much of an adventure.

I don't let power scaling ruin DB for me.

@Pann

That's what DB is always about. Strength really is absolute.

AKM sama said:
I don't let power scaling ruin DB for me.
@Pann

That's what DB is always about. Strength really is absolute.
I just watched the episode with subs and for me it was bad. Especially the lines about Friendship were the most shone generic ones that I have seen. Reminded me of Nakama power ups of Fairy Tail. Toei ruinned UI for me.

^ you do know dragon ball power ups were always about saiyans and rage right? thats what triggers the transformations, they chose this theme for the whole tournament as well, several people got power ups over it.

@Komie

Did they also ruin ssj1 and ssj2 for you back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back