• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBigP said:
@GiverOfThePeace I am not sure actually, while it does say it puts them in critical condition, it's a form of Ice Manipulato and it's possible that it's some NLF stuff; that, and along with Giegue somehow being Resistant to it, which could also be NLF (which sounds like Invulnerability actually). But someone can correct me on that. However, I do agree with PK Beam Gamma being OHK.
Giegue should just have invulnerability IMO; he did after all had this ability back then, but got removed for unknown reasons.

I don't see why it wouldn't be durability negation though, it makes most enemies and even bosses(like the Dragon) go down to critical health. The only NLF thing to say is that it'd work on anyone.

Just in case, here are abilities that still needs to be added:

The protagonist of EBB (Ninten, Ana, Lloyd, and Teddy): Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, OHK, Power nullification, "blindness", Paralysis, Sleep Manipulation, Durability negation, and Confusion via pendants.

Ana: Durability negation via PK Freeze Gamma

Giegue: Invulnerability, Passive Mind Manipulation (Giygas needs to be unlocked btw) Giygas: Abstract existence (Type 1), Illusion Creation via the Mani Mani statue, Passive Void Manipulation

Protagonist of EB (Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo): Fate and Probability Manipulation, Ectoplasm Manipulation and Poison Manipulation via Pharao's curse, Sound Manipulation: Via Stag Beetle, Resistance to: Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Status Effects Inducement (Paralysis, Confusion, Uncontrollably crying, and Sleep Manipulation) via Pendants and Bracelets. Standard equipment should include the teddy bear

Ness: The removal of hypnosis weakness (which states "smart ones" can avoid it, that needs to go) (Post Magicant) Reality Warping, Matter Manipulation, Fusionism, Large Size (Type 8), Cosmic Awareness, Higher-Dimensional Existence, and possibly Non-Corporeality. He also gets more Low 2-C justification added to his profile "Created Magicant, Which was stated to be an entire universe in the original text"

The Truth needs to get his profile created, so so here is the sandbox that Chrisras created, you can use it as reference or something...

Protagonist of Mother 3 (Lucas, Boney, Duster, and Kumatora): Possible Durability Negation via The New Year's Eve bomb, Can break physical and psychic shields with Shield Snatcher, Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement (Paralysis, Confusion, Uncontrollably crying, Sleep Manipulation, and Poison), and healing (brings back health every turn.) with special clothing, bracelets and Pendants.

Lucas: Fate and Probability Manipulation

The Masked Man: Fate and Probability Manipulation

Duster: Sound Manipulation via Siren Beetle

Hopefully I did not miss anything.

Can you give brief summaries of why those abilities should be added?

If necessary, you can also ask the staff members that I mentioned earlier to comment here if you wish.

Sptflcrw said:
Wait, why are Lucas and Claus getting fate manip?
Frick, I am late

Because of that new god tier character, they are both (just like the choosen four) a part of the "universal system" of which Truth controls.

And to answer Ant

All of the resistance comes from badges and pendants that resist those special abilities, every protagonist can wear it.

Durability negation comes from the fact that PSI Freeze Gamma is able to leave the opponent at 1 HP regardless of durability.

Giygas had invulnerability before but got removed for some reason, basically he is immune to everything that the protagonist of EBB uses. Passive Mind manipulation comes from being able to control people if they have evil and bad thoughts. Abstract existence comes from embodying evil (well, "made" of evil), Which is shown through Mind manipulation. Illusion creation comes from a piece of equipment that he uses against Ness and Jeff; which creates a psychic illusion called Moonside. Passive Void manipulation comes from the fact that after he is unleashed, the scenario turns into a black void that is able erase everything, even prayers that travel through time and space; that said Void is what destroyed the entire universe in the future.

Again, the protagonist in the game are able to use items and equipments of which have special uses. That's really it.

Hypnosis weakness follows through game mechanics, and even then goes by the wrong stats (since it actually depends on luck rather than IQ iirc). Reality Warping and Matter Manipulaton comes from Magicant, and the other stuff is just from him becoming the universe (which I think several characters with the "becomes one with universe" statement have the same abilities).

That's all

At this point we just need someone to edit those abilities in. And someone skilled enough to make the profile.

I don't really know how to do these things.

Okay. I think that seems fine then. Is somebody experienced willing to handle the edits?

I have edited them except for Giygas, which the profile is still locked. It was agreed that the "Reducing targets to 1 HP" is just game mechanics; this includes PK Freeze Gamma from Earthbound Beginnings, or the New Year's Eve Bomb. Speaking of New Year's Eve Bomb, I think it's just better said that King Statue likely has significantly more durability than the cast and that New Year's Eve bomb has higher attack potency in turn. I so put higher with New Year's Eve on Lucas's profile instead and added the justification.

As for Truth of the Universe, I'm waiting for Chrisras to finish it up; I know it's still missing an Others section. And then Giygas as mentioned above will need to be unlocked for the edits to be made.

Also, @DaBigP, the reason Invulnerability was removed was probably because that ability is often prone to NLF. I think it was decided that his At least 7-A durability against the casts Low 7-B rated was decided to be the actual reason they couldn't harm Giegue.

Anyway, I have made the reasonable changes to Giygas' profile. The only thing left is the Truth of the Universe's profile to be made, which I believe Chrisras is working on it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Looks good, I suppose this thread is finally concluded?
Yes, this can finally be closed. You can do the honors.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, can't say a lot.

This started around October, right? Very long, but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back