• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eden's Zero Discussion Thread 4

This is a conversation for the future, I don't believe this will ever experience a massive drop in quality, but if it ever does let's save this talk till then, for now let's enjoy how effing wild this story has been

@Milly this is ur first Mashima work? Then I have to suggest Rave master, it's great. Admittedly it starts off slow (kinda like EZ actually) in the sense that the story only really shifts to high gear at around chapter 60 (unlike FT which was far quicker to the punch) but it's worth it from that point forward.

Also Mashima's art wasn't always this good and as Rave was his first work it shows, though it greatly improves as the series goes on though

For those who think Edens Zero will stay dark and kill off characters... this still is Hiro Mashima, I'm not ready to expect him to have fully changed unless I see it

Art wise early Rave was way worse, like way worse, like comparing it to FT and EZ of today and it's almost mind boggling it's the same artist.

Though I suppose it's just evidence of Mashima's art evolution I suppose

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Lol Shiki is def not staying dead. However, I feel one of the Shining Stars will die for real.
In this arc? I don't expect it, they still need to get through Dragon fall. If any of the star shines die I'd imagine it's still a ways away.

@Mitch no one is really expecting Shiki to stay dead, but it's still pretty damn shocking nonetheless and we can't forget Weisz straight up lost an arm. Maiming his characters isn't new to Mashima but doing it this way is OOC for him

Theory, Shiki get's revived as an Android just like Ziggy and Happy

I'm calling it here and now, it's totally gonna happen also knowing the translations, it's almost a deconstruction of Fairy Tail, saying things like "It was supposed to be a fun adventure where I make friends"

I imagine it's this incident that will make Shiki emo when he inevitably get's revived, I now can't wait to see Shiki absolutely obliterate Drakken

We get Eden's Zero 2, just like Kamisama no Iutoori we get new protagonists.

I am really really loving this. Thank yo for the link. Not sure about Emo Shiki tbh considering the mood we get but we'll see more

Entirely plausible and it'd fit into his entire android vs humans theme.

Not to derail but, I kinda hope that one of the functions of EG is a giant mecha, I've been reading S8 and have been having giant mecha envy

Glad to see a villain who doesn't fuq around and actually kills the protagonist, like when Shiki said I'm gonna beat you, he was like "nah brah, you dead now"

He still kinda ****** around but he had every right to be smug and be proud and be like that. No nakama power-ups or rage mode... Just oof.

This was absolutely brutal. I was already astonished by the last chapter, but this one was even more crazy.

I doubt Shiki stays dead for good, but nethertheless, these last chapters really encapsulated the feeling of despair for Shiki's group. Seeing him cry was heartbreakening as ****.

Never expected Hiro to go so dark. Easily one of my favourte moments in the whole manga.

P.S

Someone needs to add Shiki's speech before his death as a quote to his profile on the wiki.

Back