• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about our upcoming forum migration - 2

As said before, unlike in here, they have to be manually granted by staff members, so that issue won't happen.

Anyways, I got multiple ideas from the other forum.

It could be possible to make it so that while you write a reply, it is saved every now and then so the post won't be "eaten up" when you have a poor internet connection? Aka, a "draft", as seen below:

Drafting sample
There's also a potential to also add easier writing commands for stuff like using colors while writing without having to use convoluted source code by just clicking a button like when bolding some text and even custom fonts (including size), emojis and tables, oh and an undo and re-do feature would also be nice.
I hope the feature to be able to link a particular comment is retained (And further supported by a button on the top right corner of each post), while we are on that.

My biggest fear in all of this forum move is that it might be disappointing

Like yeah it isn't likely but many other highly hyped things that were anticipated but in the end were a total and utter disappointment

I just hope this doesn't happen

^Eh, I mean as long as we can still discuss stuff and post images, we'll probably be fine and exactly the same as well used to be, it just might be a little harder for newcomers to get into the forums

@Bobsican

I think that the new forum will continuously save drafts of the posts, but I am not certain.

It won't eat the posts like the current one does in any case.

@Angeron

We are doing what we can to make sure that the forum is as good as possible. It will be a little different, but it has some new features that this one does not have, such as private messages, so I think that it will be good enough for us. We just have to fix the remaining backup conversion errors.

@DemonGodMitchAubin

I don't think making subsubforums for every single verse is a good idea, but instead I'd prefer if we had subsubforums for each media type. For example, the Content Revision subforum could be split by Anime Revisions, Comics Revisions, Games Revisions, and so on. This way, people who're more obsessed with one or another type of media could easier find CRT's on verses they have enough knowledge on.

That would make it too complicated to monitor for new threads, and we would also have to separate tens of thousands of old threads into the different forums. I much prefer our current structure.

I think the current structure is fine, especially with searchable topics essentially replicating the "Topics for this thread" feature of the current forums, except more easily searchable and (presumably) not having a limit of 4 topics.

@Agnaa

Agreed, although the topics unfortunately haven't been installed yet. I reminded Community Hired about it yesterday though.

No. Sorry. We still have quite a lot of error-fixing and setting adjusting to do before then.

All pictures will remain, the question would be if they would be supported as they are in the new forum without havig to manually upload each one there.

I am not sure. To avoid copyright problems, it is likely best if we upload images to this wiki and then link to them there.

Mmm... maybe a feature could be coded so files that are uploaded there actually end up uploaded here and then it just loads them as if it was a website like Imgur?

That is most likely not possible. They are different websites.

Most forum software have HTML support, which can embed files from sites like here or imgur. It'll be an extra step but it's not a big deal.

Judging from the screenshots, I do believe the forum software used supports it.

Wait, so what if I want to upload an image from my computer that isn't on Imgur? Can I still upload it

Well, it is fine to display images linked from other sites. I just don't want to suddenly have to deal with thousands of copyright takedown demands.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Wait, so what if I want to upload an image from my computer that isn't on Imgur? Can I still upload it
You can just upload to imgur, or here, or another image hosting site and embed it in the new forum. The process is pretty simple, you just click on the upload butto and select it through here.

We probably still have a decent ways to go

First, all the error checking and installing of features has to be done, then emails need to be sent out to everyone, then links need to be fixed and only then, can we start doing new things

I will say, it is hard to wait sometimes, but it'll all be worth it in the end, and it looks like my prediction of it going half way through the month is likely accurate

FB IMG 15842974287015097
Me, while was waiting the forum update this Summer in my country
I just wait and ready to click f5 at the time the forum will be updated

Keep Fighting Staff!

Same here, I have had a full 3 pages long revision thread ready on my pc for over a month now, can't wait for the new forum

Well, there are still some serious errors to fix. My apologies.

I just hope the move can be completed before our forums here become unusable due to Discussions replace them. Having a support thread like this we can access while we wait for the transfer is a nice relief, & helps those not involved in setting up the migration keep track & have a little more peace of mind, I bet.

I've been seeing a large number of revisions pop out lately, some of them being pretty freaking big (2-A Dragon Ball being the most notable example).

Are we still to hold out revisions or are they fine atm?

CrimsonStarFallen said:
I've been seeing a large number of revisions pop out lately, some of them being pretty freaking big (2-A Dragon Ball being the most notable example).
Are we still to hold out revisions or are they fine atm?
They have to be super straightforward.

@Imaginym

I have been told that Fandom will give us enough time to finish.

Anyway, yes, the revisions should preferably be very straightforward and easy to deal with, not complicated.

Back