• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail God Tiers Revisions Continued

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright, so the God Tiers in Fairy Tail have always been a huge point of contention, for everyone in the site, we have discussed it before and for some reason it hasn't been dealt with yet, even a year after the topic was initially brought up, people have been unsatisfied with the results he have done, and they keep trying to revise the ratings, and for some reason, no one can come to an agreement, these constant revisions have made the two most dedicated Fairy Tail Admins abandon the verse as a whole, I've suggested compromise and yet still, people don't wish to, so I'm reaching out to Staff Members to settle this, FOR THE LAST TIME EVER, and then I suggest a ban on the topic, because this is the 5th Time we're doing this discussion

Previous Thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2560747

Here are the current arguments

Agree with Scaling to Etherio
The basic idea is that the Fundamental Laws of Fairy Tail's Magic is that having a higher magic power equates to being stronger than before, whenever anyone in Fairy Tail freaks out about someone's strength, they say, how can they have this much magic power or I can't believe this level of magic power, and said person are always far stronger, then, With Second Origin, it increases your container of Magic Power and that gives you a power boost that allows you to be far stronger than you were before, point is, since the beginning of the series, having more magic power makes you stronger. Fairy Heart is described as the Pinnacle of All Magic and is stated to be capable of firing Etherion, which is High 6-B+, and since Fairy Heart is an energy source and has enough energy to fire Etherion at least once, it has enough energy on it's own to have High 6-B+ power. The Space Between Time is described as a incredibly power magic source, that has so much magic power, it beggars the imagination, implying it's far above anything else in the verse, which would mean it has more magic than Etherion and that means it should scale above it. Since Zeref absorbs the power of Fairy Heart and also uses the power of The Space Between Time both for offense and defense, then he should scale due to having more magic power then Etherion. As well Acnologia absorbs the Space Between Time, and should scale as well. As well, the idea of calling Fairy Heart Infinite Power, is just a Hyperbole to emphasize that Fairy Heart is the strongest power in the verse, similarily to The Triforce from Zelda.

With this argument we'd scale these Characters to High 6-B+ or leave them as they are.

Disagree with Scaling to Etherio
The basic idea is that the characters did get stronger after absorbing The Space Between Time, just not comparable to Etherion. "Fairy Heart is literally a storage of infinite magic. That's it. Nothing else. It just holds magic. It has no AP." Fairy Heart is not able to fire Etherion. Etherion is literally a weapon that needs magic to fuel it. Fairy Heart could supply it. To quote Makarov's words: "Imagine losing control of an Etherion with an infinite power supply..." Etherion and the power supply are separated, they are not one of the same. Fairy Heart is the infinite power supply that could fuel the Etherion to do it's damage. Basically Etherion is the gun and Fairy Heart are the bullets. Zeref having Fairy Heart does not give him Etherion's AP. He literally isn't able to output that amount of magic since he doesn't have the means to do so. Mavis hypothesized that this could be used to defeat Acnologia; however, we literally have no feats nor anything else that indicates Acnologia could survive or no-sell the blast. It's entirely speculation and nothing says he could. Space Between Time is nearly the same as Fairy Heart as in both are storages of magic.

There are only two differences between the two:

1) The Space Between Time is not an infinite supply like Fairy Heart.

2) The Space Between Time is solely Time Magic.

The Space Between Time is a storage of magic as well. It doesn't have an AP either and Acnologia couldn't even properly control it. The Space Between Time literally has no connection to Etherion. They're never once said in the same chapters or volume even. Same for Zeref and Natsu. Nothing puts either of them at 6-B as they have no connection to Etherion's 6-B rating.

With this argument we'd scale these Characters to far above High 6-C

A Compromise (My Suggestion)
Both sides won't change their mind, and while I'm on the side of agreeing with scaling to Etherion, I can acknowledge both sides have good points, and that both interpretations of the story are correct in their own logic, the issue is, that this is a big point of contestance, so the compromise is that we go with an "At least High 6-C, Possibly High 6-B". It would be better for literally everyone, compromising is a good strategy for dealing with these kind've vague senarios. both sides are saying, I don't wanna compromises because the other side is factually wrong, but we're talking about something that can be interpreted in multiple ways. How about we all decide that maybe we can try to come to a solution together instead of doing this whole my way or the highway routine. The revisions were changed to High 6-B before on a vote several times, but is that all were gonna do now, every few months take votes from new groups and random people, and see which side is the majority, that's a bad way of doing this that results in having to talk about this topic so much, regardless of the fact that there are some who are voting without looking for actual info, point is, I believe we should all make some concessions and compromise. However there are those who don't wish to compromise at all.

Final Comments
This is a thread for the Staff Members Primarily, however people such as Me, Imade, Rin The Dragon Empress, Captain Torch, 1997KD, and others who were a big part of the initial changes and the previous thread can participate in small things, such as clarifying statements and arguments, or other important things, however we should not be filling the thread with useless fluff that has already been stated, so those who are just spectators should not be throwing in random comments, and we shouldn't be going in circles, so let's let the Staff Members decide how to handle this and we can settle this peacefully and move on.

Screenshot 20190114-002837
My whole point is this part if fh didn't any ap then why Mavis even fears to activate it. She choose not using the fh over killing zeref(according to zeref) we already know mavis didn't have any high 6b attack, that simply mean fh enhance the user ap to atleast etherion that why mavis the physical body/holder of FH Compare it to etherion, cause it's dc is at least equal to etherion, ppl who disagree on it should read old thread. Just cause some bunch of ppl (1-2)disagree on we can't always do a revision. Voting is not accurate either cause vote can be changed(depends on how many ppl is active on each side)

I agree with making this the last discussion tbh, since we already had so much revisions back and forth. The only way there could be another revision is if we get new solid info that confirms either side.

Back on topic, I agree with using "At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-B".

"Agree for Etherion" team makes valid points, but there is not enough proof to say that that is indeed the case. Team "disagree" makes valid points that argue that High 6-B scaling could not be the case here.

Which is why going for the lowball, but acknowleding that team "agree" might be right, is the best solution in my opinion.

Just want to point out that the whole bigger magical container/source=you punches harder has been shown consistently throughout the series.

Fairy Heart Doesn't Have AP

Fairy Heart is literally a storage of infinite magic.

That's it. Nothing else. It just holds magic. It has no AP.

Etherion is a Giant Weapo
Etherion is literally a satellite weapon spell hanging in the sky.

It is literally a giant weapon spell that must be voted on to be used.

It literally descends upon it's target to fire onto it.

It then charges up and fires onto it's target (it's still called a satellite and weapon every time).

Fairy Heart Can't Fire Etherio
Also a mistake, Fairy Heart can't fire Etherion. To repeate Mavis' exact words: "Fairy Heart holds enough magic to fire such a weapon (Etherion) an unlimited number of times."

Fairy Heart is not able to fire Etherion. Etherion is literally a weapon that needs magic to fuel it. Fairy Heart could supply it. To quote Makarov's words: "Imagine losing control of an Etherion with an infinite power supply..."

Etherion and the power supply are separated, they are not one of the same. Fairy Heart is the infinite power supply that could fuel the Etherion to do it's damage.

Basically Etherion is the gun and Fairy Heart are the bullets.

Zeref having Fairy Heart does not give him Etherion's AP. He literally isn't able to output that amount of magic since he doesn't have the means to do so.

This Probably Doesn't Scale to Acnologia Now
Mavis hypothesized that this could be used to defeat Acnologia; however, we literally have no feats nor anything else that indicates Acnologia could survive or no-sell the blast. It's entirely speculation and nothing says he could.

Space Between Times Is the Exact Same as Fairy Heart (Kinda)
Space Between Time is nearly the same as Fairy Heart as in both are storages of magic.

There are only two differences between the two:

1) The Space Between Time is not an infinite supply like Fairy Heart.

2) The Space Between Time is solely Time Magic.

As I've proven, the Space Between Time is a storage of magic as well. It doesn't have an AP either and Acnologia couldn't even properly control it.

There is literally nothing connecting Acnologia to be 6-A or even 6-B in fact. 6-B is from Etherion, but Space Between Time literally has no connection to Etherion. They're never once said in the same chapters or volume even.
Same for Zeref and Natsu. Nothing puts either of them at 6-B as they have no connection to Etherion's 6-B rating.

The only way that Acnologia or Zeref can scale to Etherion is if anyone in this thread provides a single piece of evidence that Zeref or Acnologia have an Etherion Cannon or a feat interacting with the Etherion Cannon.

I disagree with scaling to Etherion and I agree with the downgrade.

Pretty big stuff supporting High 6-B Fairy Heart

B3095BEB-C49C-45D5-B73E-33FA89B76D7F
3D817A76-8F23-40C3-90D6-661B1709D599
Happy asks why they don't use it to destroy both Alvarez and Acnologia, and Makarov replies saying that, while they would win, if they lost control it would cause massive collateral damage. This single handedly shows that it's not just a battery, it can amp magic users by a great deal and that it has its own AP.

FH carries the energies more than enough to shot Etherion, it cannot let out said energies itself but it still contains it.

Zeref on other hand can do it since he carries it within himself.

Acnologia also have Country level AP feats: https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/254/18

This should be on par with Etherion.

Zeref, again, did say that he was going to fight Acnologia which indicate AP boost

The more magic = more magic power/AP is accurate as highlighted by the second Origin explanation: https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/263/19

Acnologia doesn't have any country level feats. That's a blatant and dishonest lie Nedge. It isn't on par with Etherion, Acnologia's blast was far less destructive. Hell Acnologia was getting pushed down to the ground by Erza of all people. He has anti feats and there's nothing to suggest that he got that much stronger.

Nedge1000 said:
The more magic = more magic power/AP is accurate as highlighted by the second Origin explanation: https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/263/19

That isn't always the case, Fairy Heart doesn't have infinite AP despite this rule. It's also pretty inconsistent with Dragon Cry containing more Magic than Etherion yet it wasn't anywhere has strong. And Acnologia had issues with controlling the Space Between Time.

FH has infinite magic (energies on this case). But we can't gives it High 3-A rating due being huge ass outlier. But we know it carries more than enough to shoot Etherion repeatedly so we rated it based on thag as lowball.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
FH has infinite magic (energies on this case). But we can't gives it High 3-A rating due being huge ass outlier. But we know it carries more than enough to shoot Etherion repeatedly so we rated it based on thag as lowball.
I agree

First things first, Nedge those aren't even the official scans. That's from Manga Panda, Manga Life has the official scans for Fairy Tail. Manga Panda doesn't have accurate translations, such as Etherion transcending time and space. So yes, it's a blatant and dishonest lie. Don't write off every argument as a fallacy.

TriforcePower1 said:
Pretty big stuff supporting High 6-B Fairy Heart

Happy asks why they don't use it to destroy both Alvarez and Acnologia, and Makarov replies saying that, while they would wi, if they lost control it would cause massive collateral damage. This single handedly shows that it's not just a battery, it can amp magic users by a great deal and that it has its own AP.
You're literally saying that Acnologia is not scalable to it since it wouldn't survive an attack.

Makarov here is also talking about using Fairy Heart in an unknown method to us.

You're also wrong here:

Happy ask if Fairy Heart can be used that way.

Makarov responds by literally saying "some would certainly think so".

It's literally not certain.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
FH carries the energies more than enough to shot Etherion, it cannot let out said energies itself but it still contains it.
Zeref on other hand can do it since he carries it within himself.
The former is true but the latter is false. Zeref has no spell that replicates Etherion nor a singular feat of doing so and not even a feat of knowing he could potentially increase his AP to such a level.

Once again, there is literally no evidence of it.

Nedge1000 said:
Acnologia also have Country level AP feats: https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/254/18
This isn't a country level AP feat. What is the size of the country? What is the timeframe? These can't be answered, thus there is nothing here.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
First things first, Nedge those aren't even the official scans. That's from Manga Panda, Manga Life has the official scans for Fairy Tail. Manga Panda doesn't have accurate translations, such as Etherion transcending time and space. So yes, it's a blatant and dishonest lie. Don't write off every argument as a fallacy.
What's the Manga Lifer version of that scan?

Guys remember, no fluff, we've already done this song and dance, nothing new is being said here, let's keep it simple, if the current comments reach 100 replies, we'll stop the conversation, so make your case and move on, that goes for everyone

@Imade It doesn't have to be the exact replica of Etherion. It could have been something as simple as energy beam that carries out the same amount of energies as Etherion.

What matters is that he has the necessary energies to do that.

You said it lies not that is just wrong. Two different things.

Also, Acnologia was toying with them as stated by Gildard and way even more casual against the entire guild: https://youtu.be/DCgRiruw_78?t=1110 and https://youtu.be/noAL4zoxL7E?t=1121

It is not really an anti-feat

0254-018

Funny how the official scans say island not a country. Also country level dragons is extremely incorrect based on the showings. Using this as a argument is the equivalent of me making One Piece 6-B since Gol D Roger is stated to destroy countries and Blackbeard destroying Jaya despite it only being an island.

DragonEmperor23 said:
What's the Manga Lifer version of that scan?
Anime version sub: https://youtu.be/blg4BjiQnSc?t=588

DragonEmperor23 said:
Nedge was referring to the part where Warren said that Dragons can solo countries.

Edited my comment. It's a faulty statement coming from a crying character. It's essentially just flowery language such as Planet Level Whitebeard or country level Blackbeard.

The anime isn't even canon, don't see why you bring it up. The Manga is canon, not the anime.
For prove of the translation.

The anime isn't canon. You can't use it to argue here whenever the official Manga scans are different than what the anime and false scans state.
I am pretty sure the translation or subs still try to be accurate as possible for the part of the anime are true to the manga like the scenes that I linked.

Nedge that doesn't matter. The anime is non Canon, it doesn't matter how the anime attempts to translate it. We have official Manga scans that beg to differ, the original source material.

Anime is also written by Hiro Mashima and has a lot of his influence, The movies were written by him and the second one is canon, the Anime can clarify things as a secondary source, Anime Only things are a no, but everything that gets clarified is an OK

Also guys avoid going in circles

Regardless, Mitch is correct. We should stop arguing since we both have different opinions that won't change. With that being said multiple Admins and staff are neutral so the comprise might have to do. I myself would rather not spend all day going back and forth so I'm fine with his proposal.

Mitch made ar fair point about the anime and this what I used the anime scenes that I have linked

It's secondary canon at best. The official Manga scans take priority over the anime translation any day. Echiro Oda works on episodes of One Piece from time to time but it doesn't make it canon. Hell Oda even had a part in Strong World but it isn't canon due to how different it is from the Manga. If the anime is consistent with the Manga itself then you'd be able to use it to support your argument. In this case you can't since it's going against the Manga.

So, do most of us agree with At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-B for all the current High 6-B keys besides Igneel who will remain High 6-C

I'm not saying right now it's final, just trying to gather a general idea of the people who are good with compromise

Back